Can Dalot/Telles turn it around like Evra/Vidic

thepolice123

Ridiculous comparison.

Evra was the starting LB of that Monaco side that went all the way to the CL final. Vidic was the main CB of the Serbia and Montenegro team that conceded only a single goal in the FIFA qualification round. Both came to OT with loads of potential and reputation, they just needed time to bed in. Dalot and Telles are mid-table footballers at best.

TOPREDIAMNOT

Evra had a slow start then came good. Telles and Dallot have been here for years. There is a big difference between settling in and simply being ***.

These two are simply *****

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Telles definately not, Dalot more than likely not

Tap

No. Vidic and Evra were accomplished players before joining us and besides, they did not need 1 season to get up to mark.

justsomebloke

Good God, no. Vidic and Evra were elite players who just needed some time to bed in and adjust to the PL. Dalot and Telles are not, no way. Telles has a limited range of (admittedly quite good) attacking tools, but he's a defensive liability in the PL, and at his age he is not going to get much better. Dalot has great athleticism and from what I read excellent attitude, and some good skills, and obviously has more potential to develop. But so far he almost always gets dominated defending, and provides nowhere near enough offensively to make up for that. He looks like he thinks the game better than he's able to play it. He's going to have to develop in leaps and bounds to ever approach Evra's level.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think most of us agree that our only decent full-back might be Shaw. That is why I am surprised that we first look for a LB. On the other hand Dalot and AWB are sometimes not total crap while whenever Shaw is injured our left side is defensivly awful.