Can OGS be our own Zidane?

ash_86

Past 5 years we've tried so many PL veterans and never worked for us. The solution has always been to look from inside to stay true to the principles of our club. More than results we need someone who loves the club to bits and not just by words but someone who truly believe these principles will take the team to great heights. I'm all in for Ole to become our permanent manager.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's a bit early for this thread. Let's just take it one game at a time and not compare him to the guy who won 3 Champions Leagues in a row, after beating Cardiff and Huddersfield.

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
Past 5 years we've tried so many PL veterans and never worked for us. The solution has always been to look from inside to stay true to the principles of our club. More than results we need someone who loves the club to bits and not just by words but someone who truly believe these principles will take the team to great heights. I'm all in for Ole to become our permanent manager.
I think so...if possible internal appointments are the best.

These managers with high profiles and big reputations just try to force the club into their own worldview and "philosophies", and United is too big for that to happen.

Red Devil Rising

I liked the changes today, although we were winning it swung the momentum of the match back in our favour. Was quick to recognize Dalot and Fred were struggling and replaced them

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well, I’m reliably told the ‘season is done’. That 11 point lead currently down to 6 just 8 days after I was being told it’s impossible to climb to 4th in 6 months.

Hopefully we keep going.

hocane

Remember that Poch got schooled against Arsenal.

As far as i'm concerned Poch need ms to prove himself against the big teams before he is ready for Man Utd.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Optimists unite intermediate update

City drop points against Leicester. Lead by 12 points
Arsenal drop points against Brighton (lol). Lead by 6 points
Liverpool win against Barcodes (Thanks for nothing Rafa). Lead by 19 points
Spurs thrash Bouremouth (Wink wink Poch). Lead by 13 points.
Chelsea yet to to play Watford. Come on, Holebas.. my darling you.

We may be just 6 points off Top 4 today folks.

anant

Optimists unite intermediate update

City drop points against Leicester. Lead by 12 points
Arsenal drop points against Brighton (lol). Lead by 6 points
Liverpool win against Barcodes (Thanks for nothing Rafa). Lead by 19 points
Spurs thrash Bouremouth (Wink wink Poch). Lead by 13 points.
Chelsea yet to to play Watford. Come on, Holebas.. my darling you.

We may be just 6 points off Top 4 today folks.
Has anyone noticed that other teams have started performing poorly as soon as we sacked Mourinho. He was the guy bringing all the bad luck. With him gone, we are cutting gap at the top at really fine rate

KingKlopp

Supports
Liverpool
Arrives in his armoured tank, to be fair the fixture list is very kind currently

Bournemouth (home)
Newcastle (away)
Spuds (away)
Brighton (home)
Burnley (home)

(end of Jan) so with the feel good factor you have currently 12/16 ?

fishfingers15

Has anyone noticed that other teams have started performing poorly as soon as we sacked Mourinho. He was the guy bringing all the bad luck. With him gone, we are cutting gap at the top at really fine rate
Best post of the day..Considering changing our name to Optimus Unite instead of Optimists Unite.. gives a more bad ass vibe..

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Other teams are worried. I spoke to a City fan today who said he’s worried now Mourinho has gone. They know we are back.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
I just want Manchester United to fight for titles. I can't say i care THAT much about who is managing us. I grew up with Ole as my idol, my own hometown hero.. so him managing United and fighting for titles? Sounds like a dream, but when it all comes down to it all that really matters for the club is that we are playing a football that can entertain us while we fight for titles.

fishfingers15

Optimists unite final update 12/16
Arsenal drop points against Brighton (lol). Lead by 6 points (on 38 points)
Chelsea win by a whisker against Watford. Lead by 8 points (on 40 points)
City drop points against Leicester. Lead by 12 points (On 44 points)
Spurs thrash Bournemouth (Wink wink Poch). Lead by 13 points (On 45 points)
Liverpool win against Barcodes (Thanks for nothing Rafa). Lead by 19 points (On 51 points)

Next Up
Citeh play Saints (Away), Liverpool play Arsenal at Home, Chelsea play Palace Away, Spurs play Wolves at home.

Our wishlist
City draw (45 points), Arsenal win (41 points), Liverpool loss (51 points), Spurs draw (46 points) and Chelsea loss (40 points).

Heil OGS.

@Jim Beam

Josep Dowling

These managers with high profiles and big reputations just try to force the club into their own worldview and "philosophies", and United is too big for that to happen.
What like Klopp and Guardiola? Their philosophies have been a disaster for City and Liverpool?

The only reason we now think an internal appointment is appropriate is because the last 3 managers have failed, and failed badly.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Optimists unite final update 12/16
Arsenal drop points against Brighton (lol). Lead by 6 points (on 38 points)
Chelsea win by a whisker against Watford. Lead by 8 points (on 40 points)
City drop points against Leicester. Lead by 12 points (On 44 points)
Spurs thrash Bournemouth (Wink wink Poch). Lead by 13 points (On 45 points)
Liverpool win against Barcodes (Thanks for nothing Rafa). Lead by 19 points (On 51 points)

Next Up
Citeh play Saints (Away), Liverpool play Arsenal at Home, Chelsea play Palace Away, Spurs play Wolves at home.

Our wishlist
City draw (45 points), Arsenal win (41 points), Liverpool loss (51 points), Spurs draw (46 points) and Chelsea loss (40 points).

Heil OGS.

@Jim Beam
In the inevitable chain of events that are about to follow we are destined to go top of the league by week 33, securing the title with 2 games to go causing Klopp's mental breakdown and final transformation into Jack Nicholson role from The Shining along the way.

Ole!

Litch

I really hope he can be, it would bring back some credibility to the club rather than (in the same way a buying players) getting the one that's appears to be today's most wanted. At least Ole isn't coming here under any illusion of the size and expectations of the club.

Craig Ward

Ole needs more time.

So far, so good.

With 1x Midfielder, 1 attacker and a CB we would vastly improve again.

Interesting to see what will happen in the Jan window.

playtowin

He may well be the long term answer, I hope he is given serious consideration if he shows up very well and leads an unlikely title challenge.

As for internal appointments being better than external appointments, I personally think that somewhere in the middle, like Ole, is best. Where someone with a rich history with the club has went away for a spell, built experience and, perhaps crucially, created a level of separation from the squad.

anant

So, here's what we are hoping for the next 2 GWs:

GW 20:
Spurs 1-0 Wolves (Need Spurs to keep pace with Pool just in case)
Liverpool 0- 3 Arsenal (VVD and Salah to get season ending injuries)
Palace 1-0 Chelsea (Palace have lost just 1 of their last 5 home games)
Southampton 2-0 City (New manager at Southampton and poor City form makes it realistic)
Man Utd 5-1 Bournemouth (Martial is back)

PL Standings after GW 20:
1. Pool 51
2. Spurs 48
3. City 44
4. Arsenal 41
5. Chelsea 40
6. Utd 35

GW 21:
Arsenal 0-0 Fulham (We need to be realistic not deluded guys!)
Cardiff 1-0 Spurs (Cardiff been in great home form, won 4 of their last 6 home games)
Chelsea 0-1 Southampton (Sothampton will be buzzing with confidence on back of 3 back to back wins)
Man City 4-0 Pool (Without VVD and Salah, they'll crumble at the Etihad)
Newcastle 1-4 Utd (We'd have scanned the barcodes game before the ball is even touched and with Sanchez back, we'll cruise to a comfortable win)

1. Pool 51
2. Spurs 48
3. City 47
4. Arsenal 42
5. Chelsea 40
6. Utd 38

So, by the beginning of next year, we'll be just 13 points off the top, which isn't so bad especially as VVD and Salah are out for the season and we have game left vs Pool at OT

The treble is on!!!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

GW 20:
Southampton 2-0 City (New manager at Southampton and poor City form makes it realistic)

1. Pool 51
2. Spurs 48
3. City 44
4. Arsenal 41
5. Chelsea 40
6. Utd 35

GW 21:
Cardiff 1-0 Spurs (Cardiff been in great home form, won 4 of their last 6 home games)
Chelsea 0-1 Southampton (Sothampton will be buzzing with confidence on back of 3 back to back wins)
Newcastle 1-4 Utd (We'd have scanned the barcodes game before the ball is even touched and with Sanchez back, we'll cruise to a comfortable win)

1. Pool 51
2. Spurs 48
3. City 47
4. Arsenal 42
5. Chelsea 40
6. Utd 38

So, by the beginning of next year, we'll be just 13 points off the top, which isn't so bad especially as VVD and Salah are out for the season and we have game left vs Pool at OT

The treble is on!!!
I like this post for all the truth in contains.

Personally, I'm looking forward to GW22 when we play and beat Spurs by a frankly outrageous margin - Rashford's hattrick and Jones' double-pivot-backward-somersault-triple-pike-flying-overhead kick-OMG-super volley will be the stuff of legends.

Stubzy72

Totally agree with you, managing Man Utd isn’t about having a proven record in management, He needs to know the club and what it means to wear the badge with pride, Utd have a good squad and are a couple of players off of winning Trophy’s again, I just hope the board of Utd can see that too.

Reactions: Sultan

anant

Another rival dropping points!
We aren't just finishing in top 4, we are winning the fecking league and the FA Cup and the Champions League!

bonothom

I think if United get 75+ points this season then I would definitely give Solskjaer a 2 year contract. That's 43 points minimum from a possible 57. Even if top 4 is missed out on I think a return of 43 points from half a season would be an excellent return.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think I’ll have a better idea in another couple of months. I’m not convinced Ole has really done anything yet personally. He’s been in charge for about 10 days and we’ve had 3 games and Christmas within that time. He couldn’t have done a massive amount in the time in between.

From what I’ve seen so far, he’s almost been some sort of cheerleader. Upturn seems as much about players being relieved JM has gone than anything else. Every interview I’ve seen from Ole just leaves me with the impression of some sort of puppet/mascot with pre-programmed buzzwords that come out when you press a button. Every question has just been answered with everything the press and the caf have been saying for months - ‘attacking football’, ‘players expressing themselves’, rinse and repeat. He’s the hero we needed at the time, but the next few months will show what really lies beneath.

rpg

Yeah, i reckon Pep would fail too with his tiki taka philosophy. Old Trafford is too big for a single technique. When attacking, anything goes. Crosses, dribbles, long ball, through balls, counter attack, defenders running up, shot from center of midfield, and many more. That's United attacking football.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
Think I’ll have a better idea in another couple of months. I’m not convinced Ole has really done anything yet personally. He’s been in charge for about 10 days and we’ve had 3 games and Christmas within that time. He couldn’t have done a massive amount in the time in between.

From what I’ve seen so far, he’s almost been some sort of cheerleader. Upturn seems as much about players being relieved JM has gone than anything else. Every interview I’ve seen from Ole just leaves me with the impression of some sort of puppet/mascot with pre-programmed buzzwords that come out when you press a button. Every question has just been answered with everything the press and the caf have been saying for months - ‘attacking football’, ‘players expressing themselves’, rinse and repeat. He’s the hero we needed at the time, but the next few months will show what really lies beneath.
He is the same way when he talks to media in Norway. You act as if this is some version of Ole that just came out when he signed for United.. it is not. The way United play is exactly the way you would imagine if you have watched his Molde side. Ole is not just some mascot saying nice things while Carrick(????) does the coaching.

Mana

Supports
Chelsea

GW 20:

1. Pool 51
2. Spurs 48
3. City 44
4. Arsenal 41
5. Chelsea 40
6. Utd 35

GW 21:

1. Pool 51
2. Spurs 48
3. City 47
4. Arsenal 42
5. Chelsea 40
6. Utd 38

The treble is on!!!
This is dreamland stuff. You think Chelsea is that shit and lose BOTH games?

The joke’s on you because we won those two games. You’re not getting top 4.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is the same way when he talks to media in Norway. You act as if this is some version of Ole that just came out when he signed for United.. it is not. The way United play is exactly the way you would imagine if you have watched his Molde side. Ole is not just some mascot saying nice things while Carrick(????) does the coaching.
When did he join us again? 12 days ago?

anant

We are not just getting top 4, we are winning the league and the FA Cup and Champions League.

You are yet to win vs Southampton, and yes you are that shite!

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool

The joke is on you for taking this seriously. Its clearly just a bit of dreamy fun.

Top 4 was always going to be incredible stuff from the position we were in. The fact we have closed such a big gap on 5th is an achievement of sorts. Top 4 will require incredible consistency and Chelsea or Spurs falling off the bandwagon.

Or course there is hope, but it's still more hope than expectation. Jose got sacked because reality is he had lost top 4.

anant

Lead down to 16 points, Considering we will beat them at OT and will eventually have a higher GD, the effective lead is only 12 points.

20 years on from scoring the winner in Injury time, OGS is going to lead us to the unlikeliest of title wins ever in this season's extra time

fishfingers15

I like this post for all the truth in contains.

Personally, I'm looking forward to GW22 when we play and beat Spurs by a frankly outrageous margin - Rashford's hattrick and Jones' double-pivot-backward-
somersault-triple-pike-flying-overhead kick-OMG-super volley will be the stuff of legends.
Well, wait till you hear projections for the next two games.

City->Wolves (H) 1, Huddersfield (A) 3
Liverpool-> Brighton (A) 1, Palace (H) 1
Chelsea-> Newcastle (H) 1, Arsenal (A) 1
Spurs-> Man Utd (A) 0, Fulham (A), 3
Arsenal-> West Ham (A) 1, Chelsea (H) 1
Man Utd-> Spurs (A) 3, Brighton (H), 3

Current points and the projections for next game weeks in brackets.

Liverpool 54 (55,56)
Man City 50 (51,54)
Tottenham 48 (48, 51)
Chelsea 44 (45,46)
Arsenal 41 (42,43)
Man Utd 38 (41,44)

LET'S GO

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He may well be the long term answer, I hope he is given serious consideration if he shows up very well and leads an unlikely title challenge.

As for internal appointments being better than external appointments, I personally think that somewhere in the middle, like Ole, is best. Where someone with a rich history with the club has went away for a spell, built experience and, perhaps crucially, created a level of separation from the squad.
Our greatest ever manager was an external recruit

Stubzy72

Mana don’t just think Man Utd fans are the only fans in dreamland with your above comment, 4th place is still up for grabs and Chelsea could end this season in 4th 5th or 6th place, because now 3 teams are fighting for that 4th place not just 2, look at the table now 6 points between 4th & 6th place with 17 games left. Utd are back in the mix so I’d be worried if I was a Chelsea fan too