Can we get a result at Leipzig?

MrBest

I don't like Ole as our manager, cannot stand some of the players, but i think we will get the point we need to progress. I expect 5 at the back, an ugly game, tight defending and Axel to play. If that is what is needed to crawl into the last 16, i am good with thag. Scrape and grind.

wolvored

First goal will decide it imo. If we get it I think we will do it. If they get it and sit back well who knows. We won 5-0 because they went gung ho at 1 down and the match was coming to a close. They will have learned from that.

RkkMan

Away game, huge pressure on the team/manager to win after a bad result or criticism will be off the roof, fear of Europa League Football etc we usually do well when the stakes are this high based off the countless surprise results we`ve pulled off since Leicester on the final day of last season so reckon we get a result next week especially with Axel back and Upamecano suspended plus Leipzig haven`t been impressive in the CL this season

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Will be interesting to see how we are going to approach this game. As only a point is needed probably sit back and try killing them on the break.
And what is Nagelsmann going to do? Try to take control but stay calm and compact in defense and try to take one of the few chances or go all out gun blazing?
I believe we should go and attack, we should win the group.
However, it is impossible to predict what face we are going to show. There is no other team in world football right now where the gap between good and bad is so huge.
One day we will lose to anyone, then again we might be one of the few who could beat Bayern or Liverpool.
So from winning comfortably to getting smashed everything is possible on Tuesu.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I hope we do get a result. It would be so disappointing if we go to Europa. That defeat in Turkey looks so big now

Devil77

They've been mostly poor this season - tonight we managed to make them look much better than they really are.
They didn’t look very good yesterday apart from Neymar and Mbappe who are capable of terrorising any defense.

They did, however, take their chances and were helped by a red card and a possible offside goal. The score line doesn’t reflect the game at all. A bit like our win in Paris 2019.

Maxii

Paad
We can get a result for sure. While last night was a complete disaster, we were by far the better team and if Martial and Fred were replaced sooner we would have won the game, or at the very least got a draw.

There were a lot of positives to take from the performance last night.

A-man

Will be interesting to see how we are going to approach this game. As only a point is needed probably sit back and try killing them on the break.
And what is Nagelsmann going to do? Try to take control but stay calm and compact in defense and try to take one of the few chances or go all out gun blazing?
I believe we should go and attack, we should win the group.
However, it is impossible to predict what face we are going to show. There is no other team in world football right now where the gap between good and bad is so huge.
One day we will lose to anyone, then again we might be one of the few who could beat Bayern or Liverpool.
So from winning comfortably to getting smashed everything is possible on Tuesu.
I feel Leipzig also is a bit up and down. And I don’t think PSG are guaranteed to win against Istanbul. Everybody was very disappointed we didn’t get one point vs Istanbul, but watching them yesterday against Leipzig, they’re not a bad team. Everything can happen in this group

Siorac

They didn’t look very good yesterday apart from Neymar and Mbappe who are capable of terrorising any defense.

They did, however, take their chances and were helped by a red card and a possible offside goal. The score line doesn’t reflect the game at all. A bit like our win in Paris 2019.
Well, a draw would have been a fairer reflection of the game overall, admittedly. But my point is that they were there for the taking but we started terribly and then didn't take our chances when our play improved, only to crumble after our momentum died down.

NoLogo

I think they are a team that suits us, with their high defensive line but I'm sure Nagelsmann and his team will have learned from last time they met us and took the appropriate measures to not get trashed again but I don't think they will change their entire tactical approach so yeah I think they are a team that suits us, and we can get a result if we are not having an off day like yesterday.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Possible with our away form. Ole is likely to pack the defense and hope to counter attack. This team blows hot and cold, nobody can predict if we can win but if you ask Ole, he will say "we will go there with confidence and hopefully get a result back".

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People who are saying we won't be able to, you guys do realize this is the exact same situation we had in the final game against Leicester at the end of the league last season. A draw needed to qualify for the CL while they had to win. Worked out alright in the end for us, didn't it?

Also, we played quite well last night. Martial missed 2 sitters and we had 2 big decisions go against us in a minute with the goal( which would have been offside in the PL) and Fred wrongly getting that 2nd yellow. Yes, we can agree Ole should have taken him off earlier but he's not the first manager to show confidence in his player in such a situation. It didn't work out, we lost, it happens. Really don't understand people going crazy over losing a close game to PSG, especially one where we may well have won.

Johnson Yip

I feel Leipzig also is a bit up and down. And I don’t think PSG are guaranteed to win against Istanbul. Everybody was very disappointed we didn’t get one point vs Istanbul, but watching them yesterday against Leipzig, they’re not a bad team. Everything can happen in this group
PSG is going to host Basaksehir instead of going to Istanbul. Also, even if PSG loses, we still would be eliminated if we couldn't get at least a draw because we lost the head-to-head to PSG thanks to Neymar injury-time goal.

Fussball13251

Cavani & Rashyford for for this game. No injuries. And we need Mason Greenwood back ASAP.

Bondi77

We are inconsistent but when we are good we can score against anyone and we have been better away from home this season so it is pretty bloody obvious we can win at RB.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It shouldn't have come to this. God, this United side do my head-in.

redshaw

I expect we'll get a draw or the win needed. Probably a few goals on the night for both teams.

UmbroDays

People who are saying we won't be able to, you guys do realize this is the exact same situation we had in the final game against Leicester at the end of the league last season. A draw needed to qualify for the CL while they had to win. Worked out alright in the end for us, didn't it?
Two different teams, different countries, different squads (ours) and different cup.

How can you compare the two outside of what’s a required score line.

wolvored

Lets face it we are playing for second place. PSG wont feck up at home. We need to go into this as its the cup final and go for the win. Playing for a draw will only backfire like it always does. The first goal is so important as if we get it, they will go gung ho again and we can pick them off on the counter. They score and decide to sit back, could make it a very long night with no end product.

Offsideagain

We should go through as we only need a draw. If we don’t, the sack OGS thread will explode again and Ed will have to call the Glazers to tell them to cancel their Rolls Royce orders as we are playing in the Muppet league again.

arthurka

Utd don´t do easy, we could absolutely get a result there.
But we have made it hard on us. Shit I am still fuming after last night PSG were there for the taking.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We only needed a draw last night. We should've taken a conservative approach even if it would've bored us to tears.

Longshanks

In answer to the original post, yes absolutely, if we perform like we have in four out of our five CL games so far than we should get the point we need. If we give an Istanbul away sort of performance we will be in trouble.

It's in our hands, plenty of teams in the past have scraped through the group stages and then gone far in the competition.

Think we will see a diamond of Matic, Mctom, VDB and Bruno and rashford and cavani up top.

Devil may care

Nagelsmann is a talented coach but he's like Pep in that he has to play a certain way and it's a style that plays into our strengths, especially given they know they are going to have to win as PSG will almost certainly beat Istanbul, so we should be able to utilize the counter.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Two different teams, different countries, different squads (ours) and different cup.

How can you compare the two outside of what’s a required score line.
Because people are going on about how we lost to Wolfsburg which was 5 years ago while conveniently forgetting we passed a similar situation mere months ago with our current squad. Not to mention, we are a much better team than Leipzig and so I don't understand the trepidation. Of course, in a one off game anything can happen and we may well lose, but I still consider us favourites.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The worst thing is that even if we win, we'll qualify from the second place as losing 1-3 tonight means PSG are higher than us and I can't see them not beating the Turks.

So the more difficult opponent in Round of 16, if we go through.
I have more confidence in the team and Ole showing up against the bigger clubs than they do against the smaller ones.

The players aren't professional and take things for granted against the supposed smaller teams.

DavelinaJolie

Their defence was shocking last night and IBFK had a lot of good possession. They are beatable, it depends how we set up.