Can we get a result at Leipzig?

Foxbatt

We only needed a draw last night. We should've taken a conservative approach even if it would've bored us to tears.
Exact point I made before the game. Sometimes Ole has an inflated opinion. We sit tight and don't give them any space. Yet what do we do? We go with a three man attack with AWB and Telles attacking down our flanks.
We should have gone with 4 midfield players and two up front. I would have played James and Rashford to start and tell them to go to town for the first 45 mins. And that they are going to come off at half time so no need to try to conserve any energy.
Let them come to us and leave space behind their defense. We were also second to every ball.

Lyricist

We shouldn't be asking that question. Should and could have had it sewn up already. Still fuming after last nights escapade!
Another annoying part is that PSG already fluked their way to a win against Leipzig in the return leg as well. They wouldn't have been in contention as much, had they not been gifted a pen against Leipzig by the ref to get them to a really squeaky 1-0 win over them.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? :)
Maybe a little bit. ;) Seriously though, we’re going into the last match not even needing to win against a team we battered not long since. I know emotions are high right after a loss but threads like this are bonkers.

dal

I think it will be heart in mouth stuff. We will be nervous.

We always do it the hard way!! How much I hope we do get it done, will feel like the good old days.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I would agree to a defeat if it means the nightmare with Solskjaer is over next week.
Honestly ... I mean, just honestly. These posts are just the worst.

Yes for sure and I think we will. It was a really good performance last night despite the fallout on here.
Until Fred got sent off it was a really enjoyable match. Maybe @Sean_RedDevil didn't see it this way?

SuperiorXI

Until Fred got sent off it was a really enjoyable match. Maybe @Sean_RedDevil didn't see it this way?
Yeah I enjoyed it, it felt like we were more than competitive which is all I ask, that we compete. I can accept not winning every match as long as they give everything... which they did. We were better than PSG and deserved at least something... but that's just football.

caid

I didn't think we were playing that well last night before the sending off. Not finding optimism easy to come by today.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We have been the better team and we even beat them 5-0 in the first meeting. There is no reason why we don't win this one.

This is basically a big test to show whether we have players with good mentality or no. People were talking about us to challenge the league, well, if we can't even get a draw against RB Leipzig then we have zero chance challenging the league with these players.

caid

I thought we were wasteful up front. With possession as much as chances. I could nitpick elsewhere but didn't think it was a particularly good performance. I guess i was more unimpressed with PSG than impressed with us.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Even if we get through, assuming we come second, we will either be playing Bayern, Barca, BM or Dortmund.

So we are royally fecked again.

caid

Even if we get through, assuming we come second, we will either be playing Bayern, Barca, BM or Dortmund.

So we are royally fecked again.
Good tbh. Rather be knocked out by them than Sevilla or whoever. Were not winning the champions league this year, i'd rather play the best teams (Bayern cause the rest aren't particularly good atm).

Withnail

I didn't think we were playing that well last night before the sending off. Not finding optimism easy to come by today.
Do you not think we were the better side from 25mins until the red card?

We were on top and creating chances against last year's champions league finalists. I don't see how that translates to not playing well.

Dan600

Coming into this group all the doom and gloom merchants were saying we had no chance and would struggle to get any points out of PSG/Leipzig. Now, with one game to go, the chance to qualify is in our hands, we need to get a point against a side we beat 5-0 in the reverse leg. Granted tough opposition but it's funny how all of a sudden its the worst thing ever needing a point against Leipzig and dreadful management, in spite of being written off before a ball was kicked..

I know we have let a good position slip with mainly that Istanbul game. And that is where people have a right to be frustrated. But I feel if we had one every single group game certain people would still find something to complain about.

RoyH1

We have a better team with the better players. We should win even playing away.

Deery

Dreary
It’s a tough group but if we play like we have done we go through not overly concerned I think we can win.

Stacks

Coming into this group all the doom and gloom merchants were saying we had no chance and would struggle to get any points out of PSG/Leipzig. Now, with one game to go, the chance to qualify is in our hands, we need to get a point against a side we beat 5-0 in the reverse leg. Granted tough opposition but it's funny how all of a sudden its the worst thing ever needing a point against Leipzig and dreadful management, in spite of being written off before a ball was kicked..

I know we have let a good position slip with mainly that Istanbul game. And that is where people have a right to be frustrated. But I feel if we had one every single group game certain people would still find something to complain about.
Tell me about it!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can't see it happening. I'm thinking we'll lose 2-0. the only ray of light is I think they have to play Bayern at the weekend and that might take something out of them. We are at West Ham - and already know how e play there: not at all! I'd add that it's fairly irrelevant. PSG will top the group and there aren't many teams in the first knockout phase that we can beat, although I'm sure there are some on here who think we can beat Bayern or Barca them 5-0

Stacks

Can't see it happening. I'm thinking we'll lose 2-0. the only ray of light is I think they have to play Bayern at the weekend and that might take something out of them. We are at West Ham - and already know how e play there: not at all! I'd add that it's fairly irrelevant. PSG will top the group and there aren't many teams in the first knockout phase that we can beat, although I'm sure there are some on here who think we can beat Bayern or Barca them 5-0
Did you see anything in the 5-0 that make you think they can beat us?

Thaila-X

Of course we can! We are capable of beating anyone on our day, the trouble at the moment is we are having plenty of 'off days'. That said, if we took our chances last night, we'd have won and the last game would be a mere formality so I'm not quite sure why there's so much negativity kicking around this morning.

Foxbatt

No, it wasn't our best performance but the match itself was open and competitive. I was really enjoying it.
To me this was the exact problem. It was open. We should never have been open. We should have been closed and tight. The old Italian style catenaccio.

Bulldog United

I hope the Germans like their Bratwurst battered because that's what we will be serving them next week.

Last night was bitterly disappointing, but we have nothing to fear against Leipzig. Their defence is a shambles and if they can deflect one of our shots in we'll be on our way through.

I expect us to win, but we should definitely get at least the draw we need.

Lentwood

If we can't get a point away in Leipzig it's pointless progressing any further in the competition regardless

I don't understand all the fear and bedwetting on this forum - spoiler alert...there are some good teams in the Champions League!

Personally going back to my days as a ST holder, I relished the big matches. If I'm paying £45 for a ticket and another £17 for travel I wanted to see Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Real Madrid etc...

There seems to be this modern hope of trying to scrape through and make progress by drawing cannon-fodder - what is the point in that exactly?

AMMO

We beat these 5-0 last time out, they conceded 3 against Istanbul I think we have got this! If we don’t then bring on Europa League and let’s go and win that, this club needs silverware.

Giggsy13

Nagelsman is a smart manager, so if Ole goes to Leipzig with the same tactics and formation then we'll get beat. Hopefully Shaw and Axel are fit, so that we could go with 3 at the back. This game may actually play to our strengths, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We can get a result anywhere, that's obvious with the talent we have in our squad.

What's also obvious is that we don't have a very clued up coach and as a result, we have no fecking idea which Utd will turn up

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Nagelsman is a smart manager, so if Ole goes to Leipzig with the same tactics and formation then we'll get beat. Hopefully Shaw and Axel are fit, so that we could go with 3 at the back. This game may actually play to our strengths, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
Shaw is out for at least another 2 weeks, so don't get your hopes up.

Axel isn't injured, he was suspended. so he could be included if Ole is brave enough to go with an extra CB

lex talionis

We can definitely get the result we need against Leipzig, but only if we're on our game. If will pull brainfarts like what we saw from Fred and Martial, we're at serious risk of being sent the Europa League.