Can we get a result at Leipzig?

AngliaRed

Yes, they’re bang average!

will we? This United side is so unpredictable at the moment so god knows!

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Of course we can. You do realise we flattened them 5-0 a few weeks ago?

Obviously it will be different this time round but this isn't a game we are destined lose and all we need is a point

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I can see us beating them 5-0 again and I can see us bottling it as we did at Benfica and FC Basel.

We can't play such games at the end of the group stage in UCL.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We can but we have made an easy path into difficult one.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
FiveThirtyEight have us 52% vs Leipzig 49% to qualify. PSG >99%.

fergosaurus

Not looking forward to it lets put it that way. I think we have a decent chance if we don't go too negative and hope to grind out a draw. After the blistering start we had in this group I hadn't mentally prepared myself for the Europa League so it will be a real kick in the balls if we don't go through.

kidbob

Of course we can FFS. We've just outplayed the '2nd best team in Europe'. Forget about the result and look at the performance tonight and we have dominated them apart from the first 15 minutes and after the red card. We will probably lose though because all our luck has ran out.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Matic and Scott against a high pressing Leipzig side. Should be fun!

Maciej

We have to win or draw, we can't lose.

We can progress from the first place if we get better result than PSG (our head-to-head record is worse as we won 2-1, but we lost 1-3).

If we draw and PSG lose, we qualify together with RB Leipzig (and we qualify from the first place no matter what).

Siorac

Of course we can FFS. We've just outplayed the '2nd best team in Europe'. Forget about the result and look at the performance tonight and we have dominated them apart from the first 15 minutes and after the red card. We will probably lose though because all our luck has ran out.
They've been mostly poor this season - tonight we managed to make them look much better than they really are.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m not expecting us to get a result and the players will have the same mentality, unfortunately.

Nick7

No. We should, but we won’t. We’ve shown time and time again we don’t have the balls to stand up when it matters.

NJM78

If we go into Europa, I hope the Ole out calls are extra loud.

Fuming with tonight. Donny should have started, Martial should have scored and the biggest issue of all in my opinion was Ole not taking Fred off at HT, commentators, fans, pundits...all saying you have to take him off, not stubborn Ole though.

As for this game, when the pressure is on the boss we usually pull a result out. Really nervous though as they will need to win to go through as I think PSG will win comfortably.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It’s so frustrating that we’ve not put the group to bed already though. Two very frustrating defeats.

We absolutely can get a result there, but I don’t think we will

Pennywise

We'll have to hope for a 0-0 or another deflection given our strikers are utterly horrendous

Maciej

If RB Leipzig and the Turks win their games (I know that's a big "if"), we don't qualify because of that third goal tonight.

You can't do things like that.

killerboi2

Yep. People said we wouldn't win against Leicester last season and that we would blow top 4 and they were wrong.

Gasolin

They've been mostly poor this season - tonight we managed to make them look much better than they really are.
They also played the game of their life by running and running. We have failed to score on important moments. This is the last step the team needs to learn now. Any big chance, you have to score. No excuse.

Crashoutcassius

We absolutely battered Seville in our biggest game in terms of performance but struggled to take chances ... If it is similar to that you'd expect we would get a result

RedDevilRoshi

If we can take our chances then of course we will get the result that we need but it’s a big IF as you just don’t know if we will or even which Man Utd team is going to turn up over there.

Siorac

We absolutely battered Seville in our biggest game in terms of performance but struggled to take chances ... If it is similar to that you'd expect we would get a result
I'm not sure it's particularly encouraging to bring up a game we actually lost.

kidbob

We managed to make them look better while not exactly being great ourselves. Let's not lie and pretend we were very good tonight either. Its a crazy question anyway. Can we get a draw against a team we beat 5-1 a few weeks ago? Of course we can. I'm not expecting us to because it fits into our MO these days but of course we can get a fecking result against them.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
We were playing a big game againstLeicester last season and got a result so we should be confident, the problem is you don't know which players show up and what kind of luck we'll have. No Fred for replay and tired Bruno hmm, who will run in the midfield for us?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I've already said that I think we can and will.

But the biggest question facing the team at the end of this group should always be - how did the biggest team in the EPL lose to the 4 biggest team from Istanbul?

Mike Smalling

Of course we can, but we should never have been in a situation, where we need to.