Can we get a result at Leipzig?

Irwin99

Very much so but if we don't then the shambles against Istanbul is where the blame truly lies. So many fans were confident against a PSG that absolutely needed to win tonight. The final two games were always going to be tricky against two good sides.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think we'll get a result. We outplayed PSG twice this season, outplayed Leipzig (and they created nothing) earlier in the year, and have found a good level of consistency recently. PSG is a much better side than Leipzig as well. Hard to play away in Germany, but these days home/away isn't that much of a difference anyway.

We'll feel hard done by after today especially.

Siorac

We managed to make them look better while not exactly being great ourselves. Let's not lie and pretend we were very good tonight either. Its a crazy question anyway. Can we get a draw against a team we beat 5-1 a few weeks ago? Of course we can. I'm not expecting us to because it fits into our MO these days but of course we can get a fecking result against them.
5-0 but yeah. I mean, it's not impossible that we get a point but I'm about 99.5% sure we won't. It's just what we do, it's what we are.

DickDastardly

We're playing well, i can't say that.

We had this PSG side all done and dusted.

To be fair, we looked 10 times better today then we did against Leipzig at home. They were pressing the shit out of us in the first half.
So, i don't know.

It depends on so much, you just cant put your finger on it.

We will win if we obey just one rule - don't play any french players. (we only have 2, and they are both mentally out there somewhere, drifting in space and time continuum)

hobbers

Ironically the job will be much more difficult without Fred.

Matic and/or Pogba starting in midfield away to Leipzig... yeah I dont fancy it. Not one bit.

Chairman Steve

History has shown that OGS pulls out a result when the pressure is on him big time (Everton away this season, Spurs and City this time last year) so I hope he repeats it.

That loss in Turkey is really damaging though.

bondsname

Of course we can. If the players manages to stay focused and determined this team can do some great stuff.

hobbers

History has shown that OGS pulls out a result when the pressure is on him big time (Everton away this season, Spurs and City this time last year) so I hope he repeats it.

He pulls out a result when his job is on the line.

When United's trophy/top four prospects are on the line, we do our best to bottle it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we play like we did tonight we have a great chance of going through.

That game tonight could have gone either way. After 55 mins it should be 3 1 to us and we end up losing 3 1. It can happen.

I think we will get the pt we need.

A-man

Upamecano is suspended for them. We can score there, it’s just about being solid defensively as we were largely tonight.
Is that good or bad? He’s been handing out free goals to everybody lately.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I expected us to lose today and get a result against Leipzig. However losing unnecessary 1-3 is disappointing as we will finish 2nd even if we qualify and will then most probably get Bayern or Barca next :o

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Hard to predict. In the first leg I thought they dominated mostly but just completely capitulated in the last 10 or 15 and the scoreline flattered us. On the flip side they lacked cutting edge throughout the game. Perhaps they've got more miles under their belt now and can keep it up for 90? Maybe we play more on the front foot and take the game to them. I think they had a few players missing for the first leg too.

It's going to be exciting/nerve wracking anyway.

el3mel

Quality wise ? Well we defeated them 5-0 at home. Yes we can and should at least get a draw there.

croadyman

Yeah that was a dire showing in Istanbul and now have all the pressure on us. I know even a win next week isn't enough to top the group but lets just concentrate on getting through first.

Kaos

I expected us to lose today and get a result against Leipzig. However losing unnecessary 1-3 is disappointing as we will finish 2nd even if we qualify and will then most probably get Bayern or Barca next :o
Barca have been crap lately tbh, I'd be happy if we drew them, Bayern...not so much.

This is of course assuming we actually survive against RB.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yes. Probably not 4-0 like before, but we should be able to win.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Even if we win, we are very unlikely to be top of the group so draw is fine.

Obiorahking_

Yes. We are the better team on paper. We have proven we are the better team in game. Honestly, this team playing up to its full capabilities can give anyone a run for its money, but it depends on our mentality going in to this and how they'll handle adversity. To be honest, before the PSG goal we created more clear cut chances that we should have put away. I doubt Lord Bruno will let it happen a second time. I'll be back to laugh at everyone when we advance on 3-1 win.

arnie_ni

The worst thing is that even if we win, we'll qualify from the second place as losing 1-3 tonight means PSG are higher than us and I can't see them not beating the Turks.

So the more difficult opponent in Round of 16, if we go through.
We're still first

Lanesy

So much negativity on here, of course we can! Reminds me a bit of the situation we were in going away to Leicester at the end of last season. And we came through that. Losing Fred is a blow but it’s still in our hands. Have some faith!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Same thing after losing vs Istanbul. Make no absurd mistakes, take your chances and we're through, easy as that.

Red_Aaron

I've absolutely no doubt we'll score, probably more than one too

They'll play very open and high up the pitch and we'll get in behind them.

It's obvious thing to say but score first and I think we'll be comfortable

croadyman

Quite honestly I would be delighted to just make into in the draw even though it means potentially drawing a group winner

Pearl's a minger

Even if we do it's only delaying the inevitable, the next decent team we face will no doubt pull our pants down. Bang average inconsistent shite. Time and time again out failings are papered over by the odd bit of individual brilliance and a shed load of penalties.