Can we have a real go at Liverpool today?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If we've made the progress we have and Liverpool and not the team they once were, at Old Trafford should we not be really taking the game to the cnuts and trying to dominate? I know we win a lot of games through having a slight handbreak on and relying on pace and physicality and every team should make use of its strengths. But I remember people felt we should have had a bigger go at them in the last meeting, after which they went on to get beaten by half the league. But the time is right imo to make a stand, and send a signal for next season.

Come on Ole and the team! Let's be brave.

Josh 76

Let them attack us and play on the counter. Never let your heart over rule your head.
They need to win more than us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not 100%, squad fitness still isn’t ideal.

The White Pele

Yes we could and should. Their defence is weakened and we are in good form going forwards. With the quality we have in Bruno, Pogba, Cavani, Rashford we should be able to do some damage.

amolbhatia50k

Let them attack us and play on the counter. Never let your heart over rule your head.
When then? Next season? Or we can't have a right to until we add players. Remember how we started against City at their ground? They didn't know how to deal with us. What's special about Livepool that makes them the ones who needs to intitate the attack?

amolbhatia50k

Yes we could and should. Their defence is weakened and we are in good form going forwards. With the quality we have in Bruno, Pogba, Cavani, Rashford we should be able to do some damage.
Exactly. We've had a few games recently but rested many players but look at our attack and their defence. We should be targeting the feckers !

Maguire's organisation at the back is a big loss but in their current state we should control this game. I doubt we will really go for them, but i'd be very disappointed if we didn't win.

We need to keep our foot on the gas ahead of the EL final. A string of losses is not good preparation.

freeurmind

weak willed
Do feel like Ole will tell the team to have a go at Liverpool today, their defence is still weak.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
With them needing the win it plays perfectly into how we have had success in big games before, zero chance we change I don't think.

RUCK4444

We will miss Maguire tonight.

I hope we really put in a top performance, if we match them for effort I think we have more than enough to beat them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah we should have a go at them. Their CBs are poor and we should make full use of that.

They need this game more than us, we have nothing at stake, so that might play some role.

LoneStar

This. They need this win and will be pushing for it, we should get plenty of chances.

Devil may care

I think we'll start off on the counter as Liverpool need to win so they'll likely fly out the traps, but I'd like to see us assert some control as the game settles down.

Dan_F

Definitely. It’s even more of a free hit after Chelsea lost last night, as second is all but done given Leicester’s fixtures and form.

The defence is a bit of a worry, but it’s no given theirs.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
like any good fan, just before kick off i will rise from my armchair and give them a rousing speech from the comfort of my living room. this will no doubt fire them up.

amolbhatia50k

like any good fan, just before kick off i will rise from my armchair and give them a rousing speech from the comfort of my living room. this will no doubt fire them up.
Or kill their spirits completely. It's best you don't watch tbh

copen1945

Yeah we should have a go at them. Their CBs are poor and we should make full use of that.

They need this game more than us, we have nothing at stake, so that might play some role.
Liverpool have allowed only one more goal than United despite their injuries. Either they have done well, or United have been poor.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not sure it's a good idea to "have a real go" at Liverpool despite their poor form. Why not let them attack us - which they'll be forced to do at some point as they're desperate for the 3 points - then hit them on the break.

We're in the rare position whereby playing to our strengths - counterattacking the opposition at pace - is the best approach to the game.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
We will miss Maguire tonight.

I hope we really put in a top performance, if we match them for effort I think we have more than enough to beat them.
This.

Effort is the word.

We have had a lot of joy and success this season in second halfs because the effort and commitment levels have been increased. We know that Liverpool will be up for this game and will try everything to get a result, they need a result otherwise their season is a complete failure.

We need to be on our toes and match their commitment levels right from the start as we easily have the quality to beat them.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We will go for it. There is little risk and they need the result more than us. Shackles off.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Or kill their spirits completely. It's best you don't watch tbh
i refuse to see how me windmilling my exposed penis at the tv screen, shouting “do more goal scoring than they do” does anything other than ensure a win.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I get the feeling that some players will be worried about going full throttle for fear of picking up an injury and missing the final.

Liverpool have no choice but to give it everything.

Our lack of motive will be telling.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Ole's United was never a particularly comfortable matchup for Klopp's Liverpool, even when they were firing on all cylinders. Today I'd consider Liverpool underdogs, even if the ball possession won't look like it :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
i refuse to see how me windmilling my exposed penis at the tv screen, shouting “do more goal scoring than they do” does anything other than ensure a win.
I've found the old "windmilling your penis at the screen ensures victory for your team" trick to have mixed results. I doesn't always work.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
You're a hero and we all appreciate what you do to help Man Utd.
it’s nice to finally get some recognition. i’m pretty sure the lads see me as “armchair fergie” they might even refer to me as that tbh.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
I've found the old "windmilling your penis at the screen ensures victory for your team" trick to have mixed results. I doesn't always work.
have you tried a counter clockwise rotation? there is probably some correlation to us being so lethal again on the counter attack after i changed direction.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
A real go? I wonder how does the fake go look like... a bunch of players pretending to play football but they're just jogging around and swing their legs very slowly when passing or shooting.

crossy1686

career ending
Remember that Liverpool need to win this game more than us tonight. Let them expose themselves and hit them on the break. The more we score, the more they have to come at us

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
For the first time in a few years I feel like our squad wants to have a go at teams (slow starts aside)