Can we re-open the match day threads?

0le

I was thinking this too. It would be nice to read some discussion on matchday line-ups.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Never knew performance threads in August opened after the opening game.
There are a bunch of friendlies which we can view to discuss. The friendlies ongoing now before the restart we can't see, so what is there to discuss?

"Bruno and Pogba played together against Fictional Team FC. Though we didn't see them play, in my heart I know that Bruno pinged a crossfield pass to Pogba in the 33rd minute, which he ended up skying over the bar instead of passing to Rashford to slot in. Fecking Pogba. How much better will we be with an unselfish prima donna in our side?"

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
There are a bunch of friendlies which we can view to discuss. The friendlies ongoing now before the restart we can't see, so what is there to discuss?

"Bruno and Pogba played together against Fictional Team FC. Though we didn't see them play, in my heart I know that Bruno pinged a crossfield pass to Pogba in the 33rd minute, which he ended up skying over the bar instead of passing to Rashford to slot in. Fecking Pogba. How much better will we be with an unselfish prima donna in our side?"
Performance threads this season were started weeks before the first pre season friendlies, what was there to discuss at that point? The lads were barely back in training at that stage. Right now we have a lot more footage from practice matches than we have the first week in July when the performance threads are created.

I totally get why the forum was locked. But right now we have a fixed schedule. There are just two days until the PL resumes and four days until we play. So what's the harm in unlocking it?

Using your logic performance forum should have been locked until the first televised friendly in pre season. It should also have been locked during the 17 day winter break because what was there to discuss at that point?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I’m happy to open the PP forum now, it’s open again now. Thanks for the nudge @Samid.

Catering for 5 subs may be touch and go for the Spurs game. Depends on finding time to make the necessary code changes.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Catering for 5 subs may be touch and go for the Spurs game. Depends on finding time to make the necessary code changes.
There's no hurry. The fewer amount of points available the better :angel:

matys

Can we? 5 days to go. I wanna read some positive posts how we're gonna smash them