Canadian Soccer

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Pre-sale not working says the code they gave me is wrong. We're tickets the same price by the way or did they use the reduced capacity to raise the price?
The ticket prices themselves were the same from what I saw, but Ticketmaster decided to increase the fees and make a little more money on the side.

Bertie Wooster

Notable exclusion: Theo Corbeanu. I was expecting him to be called up given his great form for both Sheffield Wednesday and MK Dons.
Yeah, he's getting rave reviews from the MK Dons fans for his start to his loan there. And again for tonight's performance.

According to some of them, there's suggestions it was Corbeanu's choice not to be in the squad this time around. Is that correct? Or did he just miss out?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah, he's getting rave reviews from the MK Dons fans for his start to his loan there. And again for tonight's performance.

According to some of them, there's suggestions it was Corbeanu's choice not to be in the squad this time around. Is that correct? Or did he just miss out?
I don't know exactly, but what I do know is that Herdman wouldn't turn him down if he had the choice. I could see him playing as a right wing back with Laryea as a left wing back, possibly, or anywhere in the attacking positions.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Jebbison is another one to look out for. Hopefully he sees Canada as his realistic future.

Bertie Wooster

I don't know exactly, but what I do know is that Herdman wouldn't turn him down if he had the choice. I could see him playing as a right wing back with Laryea as a left wing back, possibly, or anywhere in the attacking positions.
Yeah, he's a versatile player with good potential.

He seems to be mostly playing wide on either side for MK Dons and they're very impressed so far with his pace and threat on the ball.

poleglass red

Pre-sale not working says the code they gave me is wrong. We're tickets the same price by the way or did they use the reduced capacity to raise the price?
my tickets were actually cheaper. I panicked when I got through and just grabbed the first 2 I could see. They aren't as good as my original tickets probably hence the cost difference, but I don't care just glad I was able to get some

Canuckred64

my tickets were actually cheaper. I panicked when I got through and just grabbed the first 2 I could see. They aren't as good as my original tickets probably hence the cost difference, but I don't care just glad I was able to get some
We couldn't get the code to work, will have to watch on TV.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Crap half but the early goal is good to have. Honduras have been poor this round but it's still a banana skin trip for everyone. I'll take the 0-1 win but I feel that we need more urgency and get that second goal.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Get in there! David lovely chip after Borjan's save. What a team!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
2-0 now. Nice breakaway and finish. These Honduran players are scumbags.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
We tend to lose control when defending a lead. But we are so much better overall and top of the group.

Atiba is still class. Buchanon will be in the PL or another big league soon. David can hack it in the PL for sure.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Scott Kennedy was tremendous tonight, especially against a major attacking threat in Elis. I'd make him my MOTM if he was playing for the full 90 minutes, but Borjan deserves that for his great saves.

Even without Eustáquio and Davies, we looked in total control and managed the match excellently. We didn't get drawn out as easily as we did in our previous match against them, and we didn't overcommit on the attack, especially on that crappy pitch.

overdunne

Supports
City
Nice win - good composure in a scrappy game - especially towards the end.

DannyDee

Huge win to win away without out our one world-class talent. That David goal was class, and David could for sure hack it at a mid-table club.

Foxbatt

We tend to lose control when defending a lead. But we are so much better overall and top of the group.

Atiba is still class. Buchanon will be in the PL or another big league soon. David can hack it in the PL for sure.
It should never have been that tight. We had so many chances to put it to bed.

poleglass red

good scrappy win. Hopefully no injuries, the ref didn't do Canada any favours, I'm not Canadian, can I see we :lol: .Anyway onwards to the USA game. Looks like Eustáquio has covid, it's a tough ask for Hutchinson to do 2 games in 3 days at 38 esp with Piette going of injured, although Fraser's pass when he came on was sweet. Even though on paper a win was expected these games are never easy, USA and Mexico had hard fought victories as well over team they expected to beat

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Without looking at the table I assume Canada need just one more win to make it with Jamaica losing late on to Mexico?

Will be fantastic achievement and while I think you'll struggle to get out of group stage you'll be a tricky team to play if you keep first choice players fit so can use it as experience for 2026.

Certainly will be most interesting qualifier for 2022 as mainly usual suspects get in now.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Without looking at the table I assume Canada need just one more win to make it with Jamaica losing late on to Mexico?

Will be fantastic achievement and while I think you'll struggle to get out of group stage you'll be a tricky team to play if you keep first choice players fit so can use it as experience for 2026.

Certainly will be most interesting qualifier for 2022 as mainly usual suspects get in now.
4th is a play off spot so not quite. Now the 4th placed team CONCACAF do play the Oceania winners - which is quite fantastic compared to South America's 5th or Asia's 5th (likely Australia or Japan)

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
A massive game is about to start in 10 minutes or so, and I'm proud to say that I'm rooting for my Canadian brothers, in the spirit of supporting my man Phonzie Davies, against their brutish cousins from the US, and I'm happy that this game happens to be played at a time that I can actually watch it.

Here are the line-ups

The game is played in Hamilton, Ontario, so giddy with excitement here's some local folklore music

Let's go Canada!
Allow me finish this post with what I assume to be the proper Canadian National Anthem

AshRK

Nice crowd. Great to see canada doing so well. Win today and WC 2022 is definitely on the cards.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Cyle Landin scores!

Get in!

Larin sorry!
Good start! :)

It's no proper version of the anthem for a national occasion if it's not bilingual though. ;) Also, glad it's not insanely cold today for those that got tickets!

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Kaye and Osorio setting the tone in the middle of the park!

Canada the Atletico to the US's white ballet

Canuckred64

Where are these refs from? They are certainly letting a lot go, could have been a few players booked by now.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Osorio read that like a children's book!

This commentator is so cringe :lol:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Holy shit Milan Borjan the hometown hero with a massive save

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Vitoria keeping Zardes in his back pocket. Not a hard thing to do, mind.

NoPace

Jebbison is another one to look out for. Hopefully he sees Canada as his realistic future.
He's 8 years younger than Larin. Would be real nice to have him as our 9 in like 4-5 years if he's a Prem level striker by 22 or 23 and Larin is 30/31 and aging out of being a starting quality player for us. Haven't seen much of Ugbo, but seems like him being our backup 9 is more appropriate (1 in 3 in Belgium).

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
back to the wall stuff, just a couple of minutes guys! Stay on it!