Cannabis Oil

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Would one have to buy marijuana to make this oil?
Would be better to grow it. Which is the reason it should never have been made illegal, but the facts are the powers have made it illegal since about the 1930s. Research how it became illegal would be a good start. Most people do not want anything other than good medicine. But big pharma does not like cannabis. It can devastate their profits. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hting-legal-marijuana/?utm_term=.a8355639f05f

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
How, exactly, can you do your own research?

I don't know any cancer patients that would willingly give up treatment so I could test my variant of this oil.
How to do your own research? Use the internet I would say as it is the largest source of information available to us today. Sort out the bullshit from the truth. Believe nothing until you witness an actual result.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
How to do your own research? Use the internet I would say as it is the largest source of information available to us today. Sort out the bullshit from the truth. Believe nothing until you witness an actual result.
That's my point though.

You are saying believe nothing on here, but believe something elsewhere. If such positive research was there and freely available, why would 'big pharma' as you say ignore it? Or more to the point, why wouldn't they use it themselves and make even more money?

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
That's my point though.

You are saying believe nothing on here, but believe something elsewhere. If such positive research was there and freely available, why would 'big pharma' as you say ignore it? Or more to the point, why wouldn't they use it themselves and make even more money?
I am not asking you to believe anything anywhere. I am telling you that the best way is to do your own research. And believe only what you yourself can see to be true. Do not believe me and do not believe any one else unless you have seen it to be true. Anything wrong with that?

Redlambs

I am not asking you to believe anything anywhere. I am telling you that the best way is to do your own research. And believe only what you yourself can see to be true. Do not believe me and do not believe any one else unless you have seen it to be true. Anything wrong with that?
Yes. How is it any more true anywhere else? Where is this proof you can see with your own eyes?

Can you show me any? You quite clearly think you've seen it yourself, so you should have no hesitation in sharing it. If it helps you I genuinely have a relative in hospital at this very minute dying from bowel cancer. Please point me to this truth you think is being kept from us.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
As for all the "given 6 months to live" stories, I keep hearing them all the time in a variety of contexts, and, excuse my scepticism, I think most of them are either huge misunderstandings from patients or their relatives of the information they are given, or, at worst, pure confabulation.
I'd agree and that's why I hope the right research is being done. Even with the people I know, I don't really know the details of what their doctors were saying.

With my friend who died last year. She had three courses of chemo over 18 months (all designed to manage/slow progress of the cancer rather than kill it). The third course was the final cocktail they could use. She took cannabis to reduce treatment side-effects during the second and third course, having had a bad time during the first one.

When she was told the third (and final) course hadn't been as effective as the earlier two, she was advised that from that point she was essentially in the hands of palliative care and karma, but that she was unlikely to live more than a few months.

She continued to take the cannabis oil. Not with an expectation of a cure (her blood tests etc said the cancer was still spreading) but to maintain her appetite amongst other things. When she did try to do without it (what she wanted was expensive and hard to get) her appetite faded and she picked up a couple of infections, including pneumonia. So she started taking again, and lived a relatively symptom free life for a couple of years more.

I don't know if it "really" helped, and that bugs me. If it did have an effect on her appetite and help pain management then that in itself might well account for her joining the survivors for that much longer. But if it does do that, then it's still a shame that the only way she could get it was illegal, a hassle, and expensive.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I've done enough personal research into smoking weed to know if I used it long term for a condition it'd send me mental again :lol:

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
Yes. How is it any more true anywhere else? Where is this proof you can see with your own eyes?

Can you show me any? You quite clearly think you've seen it yourself, so you should have no hesitation in sharing it. If it helps you I genuinely have a relative in hospital at this very minute dying from bowel cancer. Please point me to this truth you think is being kept from us.
I am very sorry to hear that you have a relative suffering from bowel cancer, as I have said all you can do is research it. And in the meantime stay with conventional treatment. But do not reject the idea that maybe some other treatments will come along in the future. I never said anything about seeing things with my own eyes. All I said is to research the subject. That means seeing it with your eyes, not mine.

Redlambs

I am very sorry to hear that you have a relative suffering from bowel cancer, as I have said all you can do is research it. And in the meantime stay with conventional treatment. But do not reject the idea that maybe some other treatments will come along in the future. I never said anything about seeing things with my own eyes. All I said is to research the subject. That means seeing it with your eyes, not mine.
That's convenient. You act like you know something yet when ask you provide absolutely zero evidence or any help.

For the record I have looked into this, and I believe there's something in it. I also believe that much smarter and more relevant people are also involved in looking into this and other drugs.

What I don't believe in, though, is the usual petty little conspiracy theories about 'big pharma' and holding things back. If you or anyone else has proof, then spit it out. Otherwise stop giving false hope and claiming there's some kind of research out there that proves otherwise.

So I'll ask again, can you point me to any interesting research that I might read? I mean, why should it be such a problem for you to provide me with links?

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
That's convenient. You act like you know something yet when ask you provide absolutely zero evidence or any help.

For the record I have looked into this, and I believe there's something in it. I also believe that much smarter and more relevant people are also involved in looking into this and other drugs.

What I don't believe in, though, is the usual petty little conspiracy theories about 'big pharma' and holding things back. If you or anyone else has proof, then spit it out. Otherwise stop giving false hope and claiming there's some kind of research out there that proves otherwise.

So I'll ask again, can you point me to any interesting research that I might read? I mean, why should it be such a problem for you to provide me with links?

Here is your big pharma , and get lost as you are obviously shilling me https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/jul/03/glaxosmithkline-fined-bribing-doctors-pharmaceuticals It has to do with money dumb ass.

Redlambs

Here is your big pharma , and get lost as you are obviously shilling me https://www.theguardian.com/busines...thkline-fined-bribing-doctors-pharmaceuticals
For a start, do you know what 'shill' means?

Secondly, what does that link have to do with what we are talking about? In fact it proves my point, they'll literally sell anything and will do without caring.

Lastly, why are you so unwilling to help? Would it make things better if I promise to read the links you provide with an open mind and in no way linked back to you?

Edit: quoted again with your little addition :lol:

Last edited:

Redlambs

https://www.cbdoilsuk.com/shop

I believe this is legal in the UK and Charlottes Web is supposedly the best CBD brand if Joe Rogan is to be believed. I looked into it for joint inflammation which I suffer from quite badly but was put off by the price.
Yep, cbd oil is considered medicinal thus legal.

Though, just in case it's being considered by anyone wondering, it won't get you particularily high ;)

Sorry RedLambs you have come across as bad in my view so I will ignore you. Sorry but I have seen your meaning :)
That's because you don't understand sense. That's ok, I forgive you for being unhelpful and abusive and I haven't reported that post for the attack.

But feel free to put me on ignore, closed minded people aren't the sorts I care about reading my posts anyway. Especially ones who fail to understand simple words and concepts and who anger easily because they can't back up a single thing they say. Btw, if you smoke a joint whilst wearing a tinfoil hat, it keeps the freshness in. Another big secret. You are welcome :)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can you take it you're feeling fine as a preventative measure.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000884

You didn't ask me but the above was the first google result for a simple search string.

Here's another link as to the 'Why' Big Pharma would lobby against legalisation;

http://anonhq.com/heres-why-big-pharma-lobbies-against-cannabis-legalization/

I don't buy into many conspiracies, but a simple open statement of;

"Company A is making money selling Product X. Substance Z can provide many of the benefits of Product X but is available free so Company A attempts to stop it's proliferation"

That's not really a conspiracy, that's common sense. Be that the efficacy of medicinal Cannabis, Solar power struggling to truly penetrate some energy markets and so on.

Equal adecdotal common sense is: I have a bulging disc that craps out once a year. Low dose Codeine stops the pain so I can function. Vicodin makes me forget I even had pain for a while. Smoking Marijuana does exactly the same thing with the side effect being I'm high as fcuk.

I don't really have a dog in the fight. I just happen to think that everything should be legal and regulated to varying degrees.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Several people with "6 months to live" miraculously survive longer in placebo arms of trials. These one offs people are talking about here likely have very little to do with smoking weed. That's why clinical trials are essential. My guess is these miracles are something to do with our immune systems. Basically our bodies are constantly creating small cancers and our immune systems take them out. Its a battle for our entire lives where the cancer and immune cells constantly evolve to better the other. As we age the cancer typically wins. But perhaps our immune systems have one last trick up their sleeve and bounce back.

UnrelatedPsuedo

No definitely not advocating recreational use of cocaine or heroin but there are properties in some illegal drugs that could be useful in treating all sorts of diseases etc. I saw something recently that called for more study into the use of LSD (in small doses) for the treatment of some mental health issues. Aparently the affects on the brains nuero connectors can have positive affects on depression.
There's absolutely something in this. Microdosing LSD has a phenomenal impact. I have first hand and second hand anecdotal evidence.

My friend (Adult Male) was on a couple of drugs to handle ADHD and anxiety. While it alleviated some of the symptoms it fcuked him up in other ways.

I'd had some good results from microdosing lsd and he gave it a whirl for a month and has never looked back. His overall mood improved, focus, no insomnia, zero anxiety... And no daily diet of 4 pills causing peaks and troughs of mental aquity.

Obviously there are questions over long term use which need to be documented and studied. The fact that it can be batch-made at home for 20p a day is also a huge plus though.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I think anyone who has tried cannabis knows its effects as an appetiser. I get hungry just thinking about it. And being something that can makes one feel good is more than enough for me to recognise potential therapeutic benefits from it. I just don't think it can be a "cure", enough research has certainly been done on it and there's no basis to believe that. Just think, a huge number of cancer patients do what your friend did, if that act alone provided a statistically significant survival benefit it would probably have been noticed by now.

Like I said before, cancer is wildly unpredictable. It's essentially a clone of your cells that got some mutations and lost their biologic stability, but it still has your genes on it, so it's as unique as each one of us is as an individual.

And it interacts with you, and this interaction changes through time. Sometimes cancers who are progressing slowly become extremely aggressive, and sometimes the reverse happens. Some cancers regress spontaneously without any treatment at all (it is unfortunately rare, but it does happen), and someone without a basic understanding of cell biology or pathology might think of it as a miracle, as a result of their Reiki sessions, or the power of the will. The explanation is probably a lot more simple, and it lies in the dynamics of our immune system, which is an ever evolving and fluid system, which can itself find the way to fight it at the most unpredictable of moments, in much the same way it has the ability to fight a new microbe that it hasn't encountered before. In fact, manipulating the immune system is one of the big avenues of research in novel cancer treatments.

Green_Red

There's absolutely something in this. Microdosing LSD has a phenomenal impact. I have first hand and second hand anecdotal evidence.

My friend (Adult Male) was on a couple of drugs to handle ADHD and anxiety. While it alleviated some of the symptoms it fcuked him up in other ways.

I'd had some good results from microdosing lsd and he gave it a whirl for a month and has never looked back. His overall mood improved, focus, no insomnia, zero anxiety... And no daily diet of 4 pills causing peaks and troughs of mental aquity.

Obviously there are questions over long term use which need to be documented and studied. The fact that it can be batch-made at home for 20p a day is also a huge plus though.
How does microdosing work? Im guessing theres no hallucinations or anything like that? Just a mild mood changer?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've done enough personal research into smoking weed to know if I used it long term for a condition it'd send me mental again :lol:
Several people with "6 months to live" miraculously survive longer in placebo arms of trials. These one offs people are talking about here likely have very little to do with smoking weed.
This isn't smoking weed.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Several people with "6 months to live" miraculously survive longer in placebo arms of trials. These one offs people are talking about here likely have very little to do with smoking weed. That's why clinical trials are essential. My guess is these miracles are something to do with our immune systems. Basically our bodies are constantly creating small cancers and our immune systems take them out. Its a battle for our entire lives where the cancer and immune cells constantly evolve to better the other. As we age the cancer typically wins. But perhaps our immune systems have one last trick up their sleeve and bounce back.
Exactly.

UnrelatedPsuedo

How does microdosing work? Im guessing theres no hallucinations or anything like that? Just a mild mood changer?
Broadly;

1 Tab (100ug) = Full trip, complete rearrangement of perception for 6-12 hours.

1/10th or 1/12th tab (10-12ug) every four days = Microdose. Some people go as low as 5ug. General but subtle improved sense of well being, ability to stay on task and work efficiently, creativity increased, drastic reduction of anxiety, increase in energy, more restful sleep, very vivid dreams.

Many other anecdotal horses for courses benefits. Some say their hand eye coordination is improved for Tennis, Golf etc. I found crossword puzzles easier, anagrams very simple to decipher.

It all sounds like a magic pill but in all honesty I'd say it feels like you have more 8 out of ten days . It's not sunshine, rainbows and lollipops. It feels like you get out of your own way.

The single biggest factor for me was anxiety. I'd describe my viewpoint of anxiety as: That time in school where the teacher asks you for an answer to a question and you think you know the answer but you're too afraid of being wrong that you don't attempt at being right. That feeling just gets obliterated. Being wrong feels unattached from any downside.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I was generalizing.
That doesn't make sense? Neither did the 'these one offs' comment. But yeah, we need more research into, that's kinda the point. Hopefully that's what will happen as drugs laws relax. Not that that should matter though.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
OK. Please, both of you, ignore each other.
It's as if they both need to smoke to chill out.
Where could one buy this particular oil?
Colorado, Washington state, Oregon, California, Alaska, Maine, Massachusetts, or Amsterdam. Depends on where you live. If it's illegal where you're at, just ask around in the service industry or the gay district if your city has one.

Green_Red

Broadly;

1 Tab (100ug) = Full trip, complete rearrangement of perception for 6-12 hours.

1/10th or 1/12th tab (10-12ug) every four days = Microdose. Some people go as low as 5ug. General but subtle improved sense of well being, ability to stay on task and work efficiently, creativity increased, drastic reduction of anxiety, increase in energy, more restful sleep, very vivid dreams.

Many other anecdotal horses for courses benefits. Some say their hand eye coordination is improved for Tennis, Golf etc. I found crossword puzzles easier, anagrams very simple to decipher.

It all sounds like a magic pill but in all honesty I'd say it feels like you have more 8 out of ten days . It's not sunshine, rainbows and lollipops. It feels like you get out of your own way.

The single biggest factor for me was anxiety. I'd describe my viewpoint of anxiety as: That time in school where the teacher asks you for an answer to a question and you think you know the answer but you're too afraid of being wrong that you don't attempt at being right. That feeling just gets obliterated. Being wrong feels unattached from any downside.
Wow, sounds like it really worked for you.

Added to that, but off the LSD track, there is so many examples of cannibis oil being used to help aliviate parkinsons, epilepsy, MS, it almost seems ridiculous in this day and age why anyone would even object to its use.

Ive also seen a C4 doco where a guy with severe parkinsons took mdma and benefitted greatly from the effects. The trial was also aministered with placebos to see if the effects were real and to a point the placebo worked but not for long. Not like what you see with 'real' placebos, the kind used on common colds to give people the impression that it works in every case. They just dont.

Im a full advocate of it to be honest. Anything that helps people live a better life.

Crashoutcassius

Anyone saying that they would choose it over chemo... you are siding with anecdotes over science and you should reconsider your position before you ever do get sick