Cannabis Oil

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Broadly;

1 Tab (100ug) = Full trip, complete rearrangement of perception for 6-12 hours.

1/10th or 1/12th tab (10-12ug) every four days = Microdose. Some people go as low as 5ug. General but subtle improved sense of well being, ability to stay on task and work efficiently, creativity increased, drastic reduction of anxiety, increase in energy, more restful sleep, very vivid dreams.

Many other anecdotal horses for courses benefits. Some say their hand eye coordination is improved for Tennis, Golf etc. I found crossword puzzles easier, anagrams very simple to decipher.

It all sounds like a magic pill but in all honesty I'd say it feels like you have more 8 out of ten days . It's not sunshine, rainbows and lollipops. It feels like you get out of your own way.

The single biggest factor for me was anxiety. I'd describe my viewpoint of anxiety as: That time in school where the teacher asks you for an answer to a question and you think you know the answer but you're too afraid of being wrong that you don't attempt at being right. That feeling just gets obliterated. Being wrong feels unattached from any downside.
This is a different topic entirely but very interesting. How long until you noticed the benefits from it?

Skåre Willoch

I made cannabis butter yesterday, and it cured something for sure. Felt great for hours.

10/10, would recommend

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Just because you can't have 'one offs'...and also because there's multiple cases. Being pedantic, but yeah
Each instance is precisely that, a one off unique case that happens for a reason we don't understand yet. People tend to overfit data, in this instance seeing a loved one survive, by identifying something they did differently. Same person could have done headstands for an hour a day and that would become the next miracle cure. Classic case of correlation vs causation.

I'm not ruling this out, it just needs to be tested properly, which will not be easy. Is it safe and effective? Some say it may have an influence on the immune system. Could it make certain situations worse?

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Would be better to grow it. Which is the reason it should never have been made illegal, but the facts are the powers have made it illegal since about the 1930s. Research how it became illegal would be a good start. Most people do not want anything other than good medicine. But big pharma does not like cannabis. It can devastate their profits. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hting-legal-marijuana/?utm_term=.a8355639f05f
I think that's nonsense as well. As others have pointed out already, they'd simply identify the active molecules, derivatise them to make them even more potent and bioavailable etc $$$$.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Each instance is precisely that, a one off unique case that happens for a reason we don't understand yet. People tend to overfit data, in this instance seeing a loved one survive, by identifying something they did differently. Same person could have done headstands for an hour a day and that would become the next miracle cure. Classic case of correlation vs causation.

I'm not ruling this out, it just needs to be tested properly, which will not be easy. Is it safe and effective? Some say it may have an influence on the immune system. Could it make certain situations worse?
I absolutely get what you're saying. That's essentially why I made this thread. I think there's more to it, but we need to find out.

Skåre Willoch

Can you fry stuff in cannabis butter?

Is it nice on toast?
You can use it as regular butter, but it tastes like cannabis. I wouldn't recommend frying stuff in it, as you need to consume the budder to get high. Use it as an ingredient instead. I used the budder in pancake batter. The pancakes were magnificent (see spoiler), and the result 45 minutes later was even better. Most comfy saturday watching football in a very long time.

As a proud ambassador of healthy eating, I today provide you with a vegetarian option.

12 - 15 large pancakes (3-4 portions).

This recipe will change your life.

1: Allign ingredients:

1ltr milk (4%)
6 eggs
4 tblsp white sugar
1 topped tsp vanilla sugar
100g butter
1 tblsp sour cream
? amount flour
1/2 tsp salt
Blueberry jam

2: Start by melting 50 grams of butter slowly. Crack 6 eggs. Pour the sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, into same bowl. Add 2dl milk. Mix properly using a handmixer. When nice and smooth and thick, start adding the melted butter.

5: Start adding flour and milk slowly, adjusting the amount as you go. Depends how thick you want it. Use a spatula round the edges when mixing to avoid any remaining flour chunks. Try to keep the mixer going at all times, also when adding the flour and butter.

6: Heat a pan to about 80% heat. Add a good chunk of butter. Should be sizzling, and turn slightly brown. Pour appropriate amount of batter into pan. I prefer them a bit thick. Make sure the edges are buttered.

7: They should look like this when you flip them. You just need to practice and find the right temperature with the first two pancakes.

8: Cook a proper amount. Pile them. Add a good amount of blueberry jam and 1 tblsp sour cream. Slice, serve.

9: Ingest immediately. Should be as warm as possible. Feel ashamed because you just consumed 800 calories in 10 minutes. Cry.

But seriously. If you like sweet pancakes, this is your recipe. If you eat it any other way, you're doing it wrong. Throw away the maple syrup or sugar or whatever. Give it one shot, and tell me I am wrong. I dare you.

(Top Gear Top Tip: During summer, swap the sour cream with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy the extra diabetes.)

tldr: i cooked again

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Here's another link as to the 'Why' Big Pharma would lobby against legalisation;

http://anonhq.com/heres-why-big-pharma-lobbies-against-cannabis-legalization/

I don't buy into many conspiracies, but a simple open statement of;

"Company A is making money selling Product X. Substance Z can provide many of the benefits of Product X but is available free so Company A attempts to stop it's proliferation"

That's not really a conspiracy, that's common sense. Be that the efficacy of medicinal Cannabis, Solar power struggling to truly penetrate some energy markets and so on.
:lol: Jaysus, the absolute state of that article you linked to...

The whole conspiracy falls down like a house of cards if you even take a moment to think about it. Even if you put aside the obvious massive upside for pharma if they can find a way to monetise cannabis as a miracle cure. Which is something they've already started doing, by producing loads of drugs that work on cannabis receptors, as well as selling drugs which are - to all intents and purposes - cannabis dressed up as a medicine. Even if you create a strange hypothetical world where big pharma can't find a way to make money out of this miracle cure it still makes absolutely no sense that governments would collude with them to stop anyone finding out about it.

If cannabis really could provide a cheap, safe widely available alternative to the more expensive and toxic drugs produced by pharma companies, then who would benefit the most? Well that would be the people paying for the expensive drugs. And that's the government. The same people in charge of regulating medical research. And believe me, governments all over the world (apart from, arguably, the US) are doing everything in their power to cut their spending on medicines.

If cannabis oil really was such a great treatment/cure for all these chronic conditions that cost so much to manage over the course of each patient's life then the state health and regulatory services would be all over it like a rash. They'd do everything in their power to study and license the much cheaper/safer option and stop spending billions on expensive, patent-protected medicines produced by big pharma. Beggars belief that anyone could think they'd behave any differently.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It seems people who envision medical use of cannabis on a wide scale think it would be sold by small producers in farmers market or something.

Nah. As a medically prescribed substance it would need to go through approval of FDA, EMA and the like, not only to ensure safety but efficacy. This means years of complex legal and research procedures. It would need to be produced in controlled environments undet extreme standards of quality, it would need to be securely packaged, have very clear expiration dates, etc.

Guess who's got the resources, know-how and experience to tackle all that?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

The whole conspiracy falls down like a house of cards if you even take a moment to think about it. Even if you put aside the obvious massive upside for pharma if they can find a way to monetise cannabis as a miracle cure. Which is something they've already started doing, by producing loads of drugs that work on cannabis receptors, as well as selling drugs which are - to all intents and purposes - cannabis dressed up as a medicine. Even if you create a strange hypothetical world where big pharma can't find a way to make money out of this miracle cure it still makes absolutely no sense that governments would collude with them to stop anyone finding out about it.

If cannabis really could provide a cheap, safe widely available alternative to the more expensive and toxic drugs produced by pharma companies, then who would benefit the most? Well that would be the people paying for the expensive drugs. And that's the government. The same people in charge of regulating medical research. And believe me, governments all over the world (apart from, arguably, the US) are doing everything in their power to cut their spending on medicines.

If cannabis oil really was such a great treatment/cure for all these chronic conditions that cost so much to manage over the course of each patient's life then the state health and regulatory services would be all over it like a rash. They'd do everything in their power to study and license the much cheaper/safer option and stop spending billions on expensive, patent-protected medicines produced by big pharma. Beggars belief that anyone could think they'd behave any differently.
This is the point. It's not about 'big pharma' not wanting this to get out, it's the exact opposite. If they could, they'd take cannabis and absolutely make a ton of money considering how easy it is to grow and refine. People seem to think that they are against it because so many people do it, well no, if it were legalised those companies would absolutely kill it in the market. Just like us normal folk can make cigarettes and alcohol too, but that industry is absolutely massive.

It helps people, I'm sure of that. But it's no miracle cure and my big issue, one that so far still isn't addressed without anger and shit articles, is that there's no conspiracy there. Sure rant and rave about moon landings and whether or not the earth is curved, but this is seriously important. fecking around with people's health isn't cool, coming out with theories on why miracle cures aren't made and giving people false hope is just fecking wrong.

Sure, I could maybe get on board with 'big pharma' and even the government not wanting to cure diseases like cancer for numerous reasons. But a miracle aid that they could sell by the shitloads? Something that people would jump all over? That's license to print money. Besides they already do that with all the illegal drugs anyway.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It seems people who envision medical use of cannabis on a wide scale think it would be sold by small producers in farmers market or something.

Nah. As a medically prescribed substance it would need to go through approval of FDA, EMA and the like, not only to ensure safety but efficacy. This means years of complex legal and research procedures. It would need to be produced in controlled environments undet extreme standards of quality, it would need to be securely packaged, have very clear expiration dates, etc.

Guess who's got the resources, know-how and experience to tackle all that?
The men in black? Or more likely, the Stonecutters!

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
This is the point. It's not about 'big pharma' not wanting this to get out, it's the exact opposite. If they could, they'd take cannabis and absolutely make a ton of money considering how easy it is to grow and refine. People seem to think that they are against it because so many people do it, well no, if it were legalised those companies would absolutely kill it in the market. Just like us normal folk can make cigarettes and alcohol too, but that industry is absolutely massive.

It helps people, I'm sure of that. But it's no miracle cure and my big issue, one that so far still isn't addressed without anger and shit articles, is that there's no conspiracy there. Sure rant and rave about moon landings and whether or not the earth is curved, but this is seriously important. fecking around with people's health isn't cool, coming out with theories on why miracle cures aren't made and giving people false hope is just fecking wrong.

Sure, I could maybe get on board with 'big pharma' and even the government not wanting to cure diseases like cancer for numerous reasons. But a miracle aid that they could sell by the shitloads? Something that people would jump all over? That's license to print money. Besides they already do that with all the illegal drugs anyway.
I have friends who believe this and it drives me nuts. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The simple fact is it is extremely difficult. Everybody has a unique cancer and even when you group each type of cancer they are still very different and ridiculously complex. Take lung cancer with something like 100 coding mutations per tumor. We have 20,000 proteins with an average 500 amino acids per protein for 10,000,000 total amino acids. I'll let someone else do the math for the number of permutations of 100 from 10,000,000 where each permutation may result in a differently behaving disease. I've simplified there. Ignored non-coding mutations and things like epigenetics which may influence levels of proteins. I've ignored the immune system that is different in everyone. I've ignored age etc etc etc etc etc....

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

To be fair, all I was suggesting was that if a structure exists that employs thousands of people, making billions of dollars, industry will lobby to prevent something that threatens that entering the market before it can adapt to that change.

I'd jumped into the middle of another debate between others. I wasn't suggesting that Cannabis cures cancer.

But I'll happily state that medical marijuana would save lives by curtailing the prescription opioid epidemic.

UnrelatedPsuedo

This is a different topic entirely but very interesting. How long until you noticed the benefits from it?
2 days. I'd definitely say that the placebo effect is at least a part of it.

I 100% notice when I stop though. I guess I could do a trial with my partner and I. I'd never know if I'd actually taken it or not.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know more.

The only downside for me is that it turned coffee into a drug again. Two coffees and I feel high/speedy. But all that's meant is that my coffee consumption has plummeted. So perhaps still a positive.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
To be fair, all I was suggesting was that if a structure exists that employs thousands of people, making billions of dollars, industry will lobby to prevent something that threatens that entering the market before it can adapt to that change.

I'd jumped into the middle of another debate between others. I wasn't suggesting that Cannabis cures cancer.

But I'll happily state that medical marijuana would save lives by curtailing the prescription opioid epidemic.
Maybe but I suspect not. It's not as though the vast majority of opioid addicts have any problem getting hold of marijuana, medical or otherwise. The issue is far more social than biological.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Maybe but I suspect not. It's not as though the vast majority of opioid addicts have any problem getting hold of marijuana, medical or otherwise. The issue is far more social than biological.
I think we need to be clear about what we're speaking about. Or certainly what I'm speaking about.

As is so often the case the default is to glance to the US for some reason.

In the States there's a ridiculous level of over-prescription of Opiates for pain. They have ridiculous rates of dependence and addiction. It's through this lens that I state that lives would be saved.

It is social. Principally because Opiates are socially acceptable. I could pop some codeine or vicodin in front of my boss and not a questioning look is given.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I think we need to be clear about what we're speaking about. Or certainly what I'm speaking about.

In the States there's a ridiculous level of over-prescription of Opiates for pain. They have ridiculous rates of dependence and addiction. It's through this lens that I state that lives would be saved.

It is social. Principally because Opiates are socially acceptable. I could pop some codeine or vicodin in front of my boss and not a questioning look is given.
It really is insane. So many addicted.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Vicodin might be more socially acceptable than smack (or used to be) but it fills a similar hole in people's lives. Weed may or may not have the same appeal and it's not exactly difficult to get hold of in the communities most affected.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I was wondering if I would be okay to take CBD with a low dose of Propranolol (40mg twice a day) — I take it for anxiety and jitteriness and have done for years and years.

Just that I read on the internet that the interaction between beta-blockers and CBD could be a major one. I wonder, since I’m taking a relatively low dosage of Propranolol should I just go on and try CBD or should I try to come off beta-blockers first?

Tarrou

does anyone happen to know if you can take medical CBD oil into Qatar if you have a prescription?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
does anyone happen to know if you can take medical CBD oil into Qatar if you have a prescription?
Never assume CBD oil doesn’t contain THC. Which is definitely illegal.

The manufacturing process is a rarely to a very high standard and when the FDA did a random sampling study they found half of the products tested contained THC.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Ive only ever felt ‘body relaxed’ taking CBD oil but I do smoke weed so maybe not the same effect on me. Tried pure thc oils and they had pretty much the same effect as CBD oils only slightly more head buzz.