"Cantona Rules the Evans"

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
Who did we play in the 1996 FA Cup Final?

I'll give you a clue, the manager was Roy Evans.

Evans sounds like Heavens.

cappice?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
The Dipper's with their John Travolta Saturday Night Fever suits:lol:

United in classic Cecil Gee

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
When Cantona hit that ball it was almost as if he rose off the ground, Matrix style, I can swear that the camera circled around him once or twice and then he whacked the ball into the next.

Red Rat Racer

On the O'Neil (no wise cracks, it is a spaceship).
Dr. Dwayne said:
When Cantona hit that ball it was almost as if he rose off the ground, Matrix style, I can swear that the camera circled around him once or twice and then he whacked the ball into the next.
I think your right about the cameras, because I distinctly remember some slow motion action followed by some speeded up action followed by some more slow motion action and so on. But the best part was the slow motion shots of the tears dripping down scouse faces....fantastic. :D

nickm

Lovely finish. Some goals only certain players can score. That was distinctively Cantona.

sully07

I was there and I remember the goal going in sooo slowly, I couldn't believe a liverpool defender didn't stop it.

Went to the Brighton replay as well 'Stevie Foster, Stevie Foster, what a difference you have made....fantastic.

NWR

Smile you miserable old git
Suresh said:
Extra-time looming large, but Manchester United have a corner. Gary Pallister calling for it... but James can only fist it. It comes to Canto-naaaaa! I don't believe it! You just couldn't write this script.

A glorious moment.
I watched my Eric Canona dvd last night. That bit made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. feck, lots of scenes did that.
A lot of posters on here hardly remember him playing at his best for us, my missus included. When the RedCafe crowd met him on a beach in Belgium a few years back, we all bowed and paid homage to him, but I got the impression that only Stoney, Nial and myself really were in total awe of the man as we had seen him play and knew just what he had done for United.

Legend is thrown around a lot nowadays, but King Eric truely was a legend.

BTW when he went up to recieve the Cup, a Scouser spat in his face. What can I say?

Suresh

Successfully neg-repped Bury Red and all I got was
They've gone on to throwing fecal matter now.

There's a rather large crowd here who would have been just kids then, probably why they don't quite know the impact that man had on the team. I've always thought that he was the difference between a great United team and a great United team that won honours.

Met him once when I was in transit at DeGaulle a couple of years back. Walked up and actually asked him for an autograph. He was amused at the sight of a man in his late thirties actually doing that. He wasn't the least bit arrogant about it though.

bcubed

Endeavouring to persevere in observation of all th
I was at the Chelsea final at the end where he scored the two pens, afterwards when asked if he was nervous , he just gave HIS little shrug and smirk , then said, "why should I be nervous? It's only a game of football, just because a few million peolple are watching - I should be nervous?"
Absolute classic Eric. :cool: :devil: :angel:

Rory 7

I'll always remember, after that cup final, Eric was interviewed on the pitch.

Can't remember who interviewed him but they asked "so Eric, what next?"

Eric just said - in only the way he can, somewhat broken English - "Now....I go on 'oliday" - :lol: Classic Cantona - back from his ban, United win the double double, he more or less won it for us and thats all he can say...job done, "I go on oliday"

Absolute Legend