Carabao Cup 2020/21

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Even though Juande Ramos did the same with a weaker team in a tougher league before?
I don't think anyone is falling for that coming from you.

Wait. Oh snap, I didn't know that, so they did in fact get all the way to the final and lose? Impressive. Ah, right that's probably also why PSG lured your former manager away after he expressed his desires to leave to step up and succeed, while you currently have Mourinho winning his biggest title against Brentford pretending it's the world cup 98. The final isn't even played and you all act like you wont bottle it. The ball is round and all that but come on, when knocked over a bottle can only roll sideways. Getting to the final means nothing if you lose when you get there. Going to the beach is pointless if you leave without a tan. Going to prom - leaving without the girl. Leaving your ex - coming back to her. It all means nothing if you end up in the same place as always and you will, Mourinho will cash his check go to the beach, the prom and back to his ex before he wins a trophy at Spurs.
You do know Poch was sacked right? And I don't disagree with much else you say, jury still out on Jose for me.

Loon

:lol:
I want to win tonight; I will be gutted if we lose another semi. I don't care what people say about the League Cup; it is a trophy and could set us up for the remainder of the season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm expecting high class entertainment tonight. For the first time in forever I don't care who wins when Utd are involved. I just want lots of goals, or an intriguing battle. Don't care as long as it's not boring, and looking at the form of both teams it shouldn't be. As has become the staple chant on Redcafe: "Come on Manchester!"

copen1945

The 2020 elections in US came to a close with encouraging results. A City win would make the day even sweeter.

Djemba-Djemba

Jose v his old club. Ole looking to avenge the 6-1, Spurs first trophy in years, two counter attacking sides against each other.

You generally know what you're going to get from Man City games, good or bad.
Yeah that all seems right.

Wonder if most neutrals will share that view.

Really hope we win, unless we lose and then I never cared it's only the stupid league cup.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I don't think anyone is falling for that coming from you.

Wait. Oh snap, I didn't know that, so they did in fact get all the way to the final and lose? Impressive. Ah, right that's probably also why PSG lured your former manager away after he expressed his desires to leave to step up and succeed, while you currently have Mourinho winning his biggest title against Brentford pretending it's the world cup 98. The final isn't even played and you all act like you wont bottle it. The ball is round and all that but come on, when knocked over a bottle can only roll sideways. Getting to the final means nothing if you lose when you get there. Going to the beach is pointless if you leave without a tan. Going to prom - leaving without the girl. Leaving your ex - coming back to her. It all means nothing if you end up in the same place as always and you will, Mourinho will cash his check go to the beach, the prom and back to his ex before he wins a trophy at Spurs.
He was sacked by Spurs, not "lured away".

You believe that Spurs have no chance of winning the Caraboa final. But it's one-off game, against one of two teams that Spurs have already beaten this season. So very obviously Spurs will have a chance of winning regardless of what you think.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Our fullbacks have been abysmal, Cancelo has been great all season but terrible. Rashford has Zinchenko dead to rights. We've been the better team but given what I've seen first half we could easily lose this 2-0 to stupid fullback play.

cyberman

Our fullbacks have been abysmal, Cancelo has been great all season but terrible. Rashford has Zinchenko dead to rights. We've been the better team but given what I've seen first half we could easily lose this 2-0 to stupid fullback play.
Youre playing well in an artifical way with how youre keeping the ball but your problem is our defenders are very good at defending 1v1. Plus when you do get in from wide its nothing slide rule crosses in because you have nobody in there.
On a side note i hate watching City when they play like this. Its killing half the game with nothing triangle passes 20 yards in your own half

kidbob

It's a bit of a weird one so far. Wouldn't say either team has played well outside of your usual dominance of possession. I expect you to get a goal at some point though so its all down to whether we can create enough on the break to get a couple ourselves.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Dunno how people are saying City have been "dominant" in the match thread, they've done feck all. I'd say they're marginally the better team, both sides sloppier than usual.

McTominay's having a really poor season, I don't think he has any idea what to do in this formation, he's all over the place and not in a good way.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's a bit of a weird one so far. Wouldn't say either team has played well outside of your usual dominance of possession. I expect you to get a goal at some point though so its all down to whether we can create enough on the break to get a couple ourselves.
I don't see us scoring, one of those games, we're playing too much in front of you guys and not breaking the lines. Last few games we've been better but this is reminiscent of earlier in the season, loads of ball but passing it around in front of defenders. KDB hitting the post aside neither side has created anything. Maybe if Kun comes on, right now despite us playing the better football all you need is to get Rashford 1 v 1 vs Zinchenko and you'll be in everytime.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah we’ll go out and go at them in the second half. No sweat.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Youre playing well in an artifical way with how youre keeping the ball but your problem is our defenders are very good at defending 1v1. Plus when you do get in from wide its nothing slide rule crosses in because you have nobody in there.
On a side note i hate watching City when they play like this. Its killing half the game with nothing triangle passes 20 yards in your own half
Hard to know, maybe we're playing in triangles cause the home team don't wanna come out and play?
Its a boring watch but blaming it on City is disingenuous. We're hardly gonna go up field and play stupid passes leaving us open to you getting it down the pitch to the 2 quick guys on the counter.

If City were more aggressive with the ball it'd be a better game for sure, but the same if you guys stopped sitting in like Wolves no?

Regardless I think Rashford vs Zinchenko will decide this in your favor.

cyberman

Hard to know, maybe we're playing in triangles cause the home team don't wanna come out and play?
Its a boring watch but blaming it on City is disingenuous. We're hardly gonna go up field and play stupid passes leaving us open to you getting it down the pitch to the 2 quick guys on the counter.

If City were more aggressive with the ball it'd be a better game for sure, but the same if United because you guys are sitting in like Wolves no?

We are trying to play though, we get forward when we have the ball and press those triangles? We arent sitting back here, its being played in front of us.
This has pens all over it imo. Whoever loses moves on without losing anything in their title bid

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

If City were more aggressive with the ball it'd be a better game for sure, but the same if you guys stopped sitting in like Wolves no?

:rolleyes: The home team have played every bit as much as you, you've just been poor with your possession.

dal

I really disagree with city being the better team, I think it’s very very even and although we lost the progress of this team continues to impress me.

I just hope the confidence we played with today doesn’t disappear.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's the deal with Van De Beek constantly just getting 5 minute cameos all the time....if that?

I thought he was key player in Ajax near miss of CL final two years ago?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What's the deal with Van De Beek constantly just getting 5 minute cameos all the time....if that?

I thought he was key player in Ajax near miss of CL final two years ago?
Hes good but he's competing with Pogba and Van de Beek for minutes basically. Was always going to be a squad player this year

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hes good but he's competing with Pogba and Van de Beek for minutes basically. Was always going to be a squad player this year
You can still put him on a bit earlier though, 60 minute mark etc. Created very little since Man. City went 1 up.

At Ajax DVDB, Ziyech and Tadic all interchanged behind Neres for many of the CL games in that run so it's possible especially given you've just played Pogba in that sort of role tonight.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Comfortable win in the end. Amazing save from Henderson and the post keeping it closer than it could have been but 2-0 probably fair as we created little and United nothing. I like the new negative side to us when we're ahead, denying pacy teams soft counter goals.

The fact Dias, Maguire and Stones were the 3 best players on the pitch says it all in reality though. Poor game.

padr81

Supports
Man City
City will beat spurs
Like the game today depends it completely depends on who scores first. If Spurs score first they'll murder us on the counter. If we score first we'll do what we did today and probably see it out.

marktan

You can still put him on a bit earlier though, 60 minute mark etc. Created very little since Man. City went 1 up.

At Ajax DVDB, Ziyech and Tadic all interchanged behind Neres for many of the CL games in that run so it's possible especially given you've just played Pogba in that sort of role tonight.
He's been pretty poor in the games he's played, all he really does is get the ball, pass it to the nearest man right away, rinse repeat. It's probably that he needs to get up to speed with the PL and a non-Ajax play style, but he's shown very little so far so Ole's reluctant to bring him on.

Stocar

Impressive game by Dias, brings leadership and presence they've been missing since Kompany left.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Comfortable win in the end. Amazing save from Henderson and the post keeping it closer than it could have been but 2-0 probably fair as we created little and United nothing. I like the new negative side to us when we're ahead, denying pacy teams soft counter goals.

The fact Dias, Maguire and Stones were the 3 best players on the pitch says it all in reality though. Poor game.
I wanted a better game to watch than that to be honest. City walked that game, almost literally. Are Utd getting fatigued playing the same XI every game?

Watford will be no walkover, not because they are good but because Utd might be hitting the 'Liverpool form'.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I wanted a better game to watch than that to be honest. City walked that game, almost literally. Are Utd getting fatigued playing the same XI every game?

Watford will be no walkover, not because they are good but because Utd might be hitting the 'Liverpool form'.
Being a City fan I dunno, I think we're a tougher nut to crack since the Leicester debacle and if you sit in vs United to offer nothing against top teams except Bruno who was atrocious tonight. Think it was two conservative teams and once we scored they were done. Had they scored first it'd be vice versa.

Will be interesting to see if United are looking tired to be honest. I've seen them play like this before where things just don't click when Bruno is off (albeit he's rarely off). I think tonight was just they were given very few chances to counter, by possession in the first half and us playing on the counter when ahead.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

I don’t think it was fatigue, city were just better today and tactically seemed better.

BorisManUtd

Deserved win for City, they were just the better team. Dias was fantastic, probably MotM. Maguire best for us.

So Mourinho vs Pep in the final, that should be interesting. Could go all the way to the penalties.