Carabao Cup 2020/21

Statue of Limitations

Haha just turned on to see the pens, they were piping in boos for the Arsenal penalties :lol:
Quad dream dead already - October 1st losing at home!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He wouldn't have started Salah and VVD had he not wanted a result.
Nice to win sure, but not bothered at all if they lost.
3 less games for them is a good thing.
I also wouldn’t have minded had we lost yesterday.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
fecking hell! :lol:
I use to be good with transfer judgement but I've been slipping last few years.

In my defense I was seduced by his goal and assist record and I felt with Hazard going (50% of our goals he contributed to under Sarri) we needed someone who brought in the numbers.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Happy with the win, these young english kids (and Pepe) absolutely need games.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He wouldn't have started Salah and VVD had he not wanted a result.
Match fitness, a lot of players in many clubs that don't usually play these games are playing.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Nice to win sure, but not bothered at all if they lost.
3 less games for them is a good thing.
I also wouldn’t have minded had we lost yesterday.
A trophies a trophy, I'd take the league cup, Liverpool should be going to win every trophy they can, otherwise they won't be heralded as the greatest ever, which is what they seem to think they are.
If Klopp is a genuine winner he will be gutted that they are out. A strong team tonight suggests he wanted to go through.

Champ

Match fitness, a lot of players in many clubs that don't usually play these games are playing.
Yup, there's a part of that for sure, but they apparently have had extra rest and a selection of pre season games, so they really should be up to speed by now.
Klopp was thinking they'd be a few goals up by the time he wanted to take them off, hence the reason he didn't take them off at half time like he said he would.

Statue of Limitations

A trophies a trophy, I'd take the league cup, Liverpool should be going to win every trophy they can, otherwise they won't be heralded as the greatest ever, which is what they seem to think they are.
If Klopp is a genuine winner he will be gutted that they are out. A strong team tonight suggests he wanted to go through.
That's not the case with City though?
Back to back league titles, 3 League Cups in a row and Pep is a Pep Guardiola is my idol, apparently.

Paul_Scholes18

Back to back league titles, 3 League Cups in a row and Pep is a Pep Guardiola is my idol, apparently.
People here obviously call them both frauds since we want them to fail.
Still CL was the big goal for Pep and he has failed to win it.

cyberman

Citys different. Their second string is worth hundreds of millions. Theyre almost guarenteed to resch the SF every year since that's when other sides start to take it seriously.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Wasn't a strong team what you banging on about? VVD and Salah starting that's it. Intention was always to bring them off at some point in the game for Sunday.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Won't bother watching the draw because we already know City will be home vs Brentford/Stoke while we have to travel to Emirates/WHL.

Champ

City won the fecking lot domestically yet apparently this Liverpool team is the best ever.
They couldn't touch our treble winning side, that was the best ever for me.
Trophies are currency, even the league cup. Klopps gutted, you can tell from his interview.

United Hobbit

City won the fecking lot domestically yet apparently this Liverpool team is the best ever.
Trophies are currency, even the league cup. Klopps gutted, you can tell from his interview.
I agree this Liverpool side doesn't touch our treble winning side. Our treble win remains unprecedented. "Oh but they got nearly 100 points" yes maybe but no other English side has ever won the treble we did, nor even if it is done again I doubt it will be with so many academy graduates as we did

Statue of Limitations

Oh they are nowhere near our Treble winning team, which was also the first of 3 league titles on the bounce.

I think it is just recency bias that has 'elevated' Pool to be even in the conversation for best team in the PL ever - they aren't close.

Paul_Scholes18

Oh they are nowhere near our Treble winning team, which was also the first of 3 league titles on the bounce.

I think it is just recency bias that has 'elevated' Pool to be even in the conversation for best team in the PL ever - they aren't close.
Best is pretty subjective, but they have not won very much. Although they probably got better stats than our best sides and more points.
I take the trophies though.

diarm

Sky presenter shitting herself there at the idea of Redknapp involving Merson in the draw. Pulling a ball out of a hat would be levels beyond his comprehension.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Seriously, Mikel Arteta deserves serious credit for the transformation of this Arsenal team. It's amazing how organized and well drilled they are. They're missing key players in the midfield and I'm sure he knows that but I really can't give hm anything but praise for the way he has this Arsenal team playing at the moment.

AshRK

Seriously, Mikel Arteta deserves serious credit for the transformation of this Arsenal team. It's amazing how organized and well drilled they are. They're missing key players in the midfield and I'm sure he knows that but I really can't give hm anything but praise for the way he has this Arsenal team playing at the moment.
He deserves credit for making them a organized side who are hard to beat but their football is boring and dull to watch. He has the underdog mentality instilled in them and lowered their expectations big time.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Stoke v Spurs
Brentford v Newcastle
Arsenal v City
Everton v United

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yeah, but also, they’re shit.

United Hobbit

Do my eyes deceive me- City with a tricky draw.

Feck Everton didn't really want them we are bad against them lately