Carabao Cup 2020/21

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He deserves credit for making them a organized side who are hard to beat but their football is boring and dull to watch. He has the underdog mentality instilled in them and lowered their expectations big time.
Yet won the FA cup last season!
Don't think that's the underdog mentality.
It's not exactly pretty football but it's similar in style to Liverpool in a way, not in terms of pressing perhaps, but they don't mind knocking it long into the channels.
The expectations at Arsenal this season are a trophy and top four, that's a step up from recent seasons.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yuk after that UCL draw we get Everton away in this

I say again yuk

AshRK

Another tough draw for a so called lucky Ole.
He has never been lucky with the draws. Got psg and barca and in FA cup beat arsenal away chelsea away only to get wolves away. Last year got chelsea away in league cup and today the CL draw.

Paul_Scholes18

The game is two and a half months away, their purple patch will be long gone by then.
They have a better manager and us. Think they are favorites to win it.
Unless we go all out for it and raise our game.

ti vu

Not a terrible draw although they are in great form.
Very bad. If you ask me. Look at our schedule. Packed and riddled with tough league games, and CL group stage. Ancelotti in cup game is a bitch, and away to Everton almost tough fixture.

Deery

Dreary
Good to see our midfield against Everton’s will be a good match I think.

AshRK

Yet won the FA cup last season!
Don't think that's the underdog mentality.
It's not exactly pretty football but it's similar in style to Liverpool in a way, not in terms of pressing perhaps, but they don't mind knocking it long into the channels.
The expectations at Arsenal this season are a trophy and top four, that's a step up from recent seasons.
I don't know why winning the FA cup is treated as if they have won the CL. Did you see them play agajnst city! Just park the bus and hope auba fires, that's nothing like liverpool side.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wow dream draw for Spurs.
Everton played the strongest team so will be very hard.
We need our best team too in order to win this one.
The ties have been placed a few days before Boxing day so going to be part of the hectic xmas schedule so not sure any team will have their strongest team out.

Stretender

Good draw for United we will smash Everton.

If we are worried about facing Everton then we might as well disband and start playing hockey.

Paul_Scholes18

Been a bad day with the draws. Two nightmare draws to be honest.
If we want to do well we need to rest players in the easier league games and hope we can win them.

If we get an attacker then we should be able to do it. If not we need to play Mata or Lingard I guess when we rotate.

Champ

I don't know why winning the FA cup is treated as if they have won the CL. Did you see them play agajnst city! Just park the bus and hope auba fires, that's nothing like liverpool side.
I think you're doing then a disservice, they defended deep and went long to by pass the press in the final, actually a masterclass tactical decision from Arteta, Pep weren't expecting that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's their year to break the hoodoo.

A walkover in the first round, then sneaked a draw and beat Chelsea on pens.
Yeah does have that feeling especially after Mourinho just dismissed the tournament the other day. :lol: Would imagine they're decent odds given Man. City are heavy favourites given their recent history in competition.

Spurs would still trade it for winning europa league though.

VivaRonaldo85

Ok draw. Weirdly pleased we’ve drawn them away rather than at OT for some reason.

ti vu

The ties have been placed a few days before Boxing day so going to be part of the hectic xmas schedule so not sure any team will have their strongest team out.
Exactly. People don't take into schedule, when they talk about this. Everton has more breathing space without Europe duty, they would be more likely putting out stronger team, while with the bigger club, it's more a headache.

Champ

Very bad. If you ask me. Look at our schedule. Packed and riddled with tough league games, and CL group stage. Ancelotti in cup game is a bitch, and away to Everton almost tough fixture.
Good,
The players should relish tough games, if they don't then they shouldn't be in the squad.

Wilt

Where’s Colchester United when we need them :wenger:

...but Utd should beat Everton :devil:

ti vu

Good,
The players should relish tough games, if they don't then they shouldn't be in the squad.
Easy to say, but there is a chance they got run into ground, and we would suffer in the second half of the season. It's about human body limit, not just mentality.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
A trophies a trophy, I'd take the league cup, Liverpool should be going to win every trophy they can, otherwise they won't be heralded as the greatest ever, which is what they seem to think they are.
If Klopp is a genuine winner he will be gutted that they are out. A strong team tonight suggests he wanted to go through.
Actually that’s a good point. They need to challenge our treble to be considered as one of the all time greats. Good point!

Paul_Scholes18

Easy to say, but there is a chance they got run into ground, and we would suffer in the second half of the season. It's about human body limit, not just mentality.
We need to start rotate the side smartly in the league. Give Van De beek games instead of Bruno.
Let Fred take the defensive role etc.
Fullback rotation might be a problem though, but they have no international games at least.
We have some central defenders we can rotate too although Maguire has proven to be able to play a lot.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We beat you if you play a 2nd string XI and we don’t. Otherwise it will be a pretty even game. Annoying draw though.

Red00012

Avoided City and Spurs but yet it’s a difficult fixture . I reckon if we got Stoke at home you’d have people on here saying it’s a tough draw:D

trims

Supports
Arsenal
I know wenger in his latter stages was a shallow of a guy from his peak but arsenal were fun watching even then than what they produce now. This is dire football. It seems arteta has learned more from Moyes than Pep.
You mean when we bent over and got pumped with 5-6 goals every away game to Liverpool, City or Chelsea? I don't think that was fun for Arsenal fans.

I'd be worried if he was playing this way with Cazorla, Ramsey, Sanchez, prime Ozil etc on his side. But he's got Elneny, Xhaka, Willock and a bunch of pacey wingers. Its actually genius the way he's set up the team to maximize chances of winning.

always_hoping

He has never been lucky with the draws. Got psg and barca and in FA cup beat arsenal away chelsea away only to get wolves away. Last year got chelsea away in league cup and today the CL draw.
Yes but for some strange reason that won't stop some calling Ole a lucky manager.

lilcurt

Would you rather have City, Chelsea or Arsenal (...maybe Arsenal)