Carabao Cup 2021/22

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
The good performances are not worth the many many mistakes he makes.

Saka is a special kid, we really need to go to the CL soon or we may lose him.
Completely agree with your post mate but if you'd permit a non-sequitur - given your name and location are you the Smite legend that is Maniakk?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Completely agree with your post mate but if you'd permit a non-sequitur - given your name and location are you the Smite legend that is Maniakk?
I have no idea what that is. Only time I've been called a legend was when I hit my 8th grade science teacher with a ball in the face.

Gandalf

Sounds counter productive but it's time to sell Salah for £100-150m and reinvest in some proper replacements (not Ox and Minamino types). We'll feel the pain with no Salah but we really need to be looking 3+ years ahead.
I get what you are saying but honestly isn't that what you tried when selling Suarez? It might be that it would be spent more wisely this time but you could just as easily end up with Balotelli, Markovic and Ricky Lambert again.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I have no idea what that is. Only time I've been called a legend was when I hit my 8th grade science teacher with a ball in the face.
Hah fair enough! In a niche e-sport I'm a fan of called Smite there's a legendary Portuguese player who goes by the handle Maniakk.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Hah fair enough! In a niche e-sport I'm a fan of called Smite there's a legendary Portuguese player who goes by the handle Maniakk.
I googled him, he was probably in primary school when I created my account. God am I old :(

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Sounds counter productive but it's time to sell Salah for £100-150m and reinvest in some proper replacements (not Ox and Minamino types). We'll feel the pain with no Salah but we really need to be looking 3+ years ahead.
Keep Salah, sign Dembélé on a free in summer. That's a no brainer. There's no one else out there good enough that you can buy for loads of money, really. It should have been Sancho, maybe it can be Joao Felix once Atletico are ready to spit him out.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He's a weird one isn't he? Capable of putting in really good performances when the mood hits him but the amount of times he costs Arsenal is astounding.

Saka is a very good player. Impressed me all night even after the red card.
Xhaka is pretty unpredictable in terms of his discipline on the field. His passing range is top notch though.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Xhaka is pretty unpredictable in terms of his discipline on the field. His passing range is top notch though.
I wanted us to sign him back around the time Arsenal did, but only so that we could play Xhaka-Can in midfield.

KetilOwren88

In the post match interview with Jan Åge Fjørtoft for Norwegian televison, Klopp is suggesting the red card stressed Liverpool players as they felt the pressure. What happened to the mentality monsters? Of course Klopp found a way to make them the real victims of the red card instead of the team that actually got it. It’s the Old Trafford injury excuse all over again.

When that’s said. Arsenal were forced to play smarter and they looked better with 10 men but I believe they would have scored with all their players on the pitch. Maybe 1-1 or 2-2 instead of 0-0.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
In the post match interview with Jan Åge Fjørtoft for Norwegian televison, Klopp is suggesting the red card stressed Liverpool players as they felt the pressure. What happened to the mentality monsters? Of course Klopp found a way to make them the real victims of the red card instead of the team that actually got it. It’s the Old Trafford injury excuse all over again.

When that’s said. Arsenal were forced to play smarter and they looked better with 10 men but I believe they would have scored with all their players on the pitch. Maybe 1-1 or 2-2 instead of 0-0.
The manager fecked up against 10 men (again), of course he's going to reach for every bullshit excuse. We should still qualify but there's a pattern building here. Without his one and only star player he's beginning to succumb to low block teams.

I know it sounds even more stupid of me then to say sell Salah (not in reply to you but in general to everyone else)! But Klopp needs more reliable goalscorers. Mane at his age and drop in form won't get us more than 30-40m, not even worth selling when the likes of Saka will be double that. Firmino also at his age around the 30m mark at best.

Klopp, or our next manager in 18 months, will need some turbo goalscoring youngsters to support Jota. Where's the money coming from? Salah, that's the only place.

Dembele from Barca is on more money than Salah, why the hell would we look at his injury prone ass?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Dembele from Barca is on more money than Salah, why the hell would we look at his injury prone ass?
I wouldn't believe the first part to be true, as for the second part - because he's a fecking amazing player, a highly dangerous attacker and because I'd trust Liverpool to keep him more healthy than Barca, who are a broken institution. Aguero was puzzled that there weren't even lights on in the gym an hour before training.
I assume Liverpool attempted to lure Coman away (was certainly worth trying), you can be sure that if you'd succeeded we'd have gone for Dembélé.

KetilOwren88

The manager fecked up against 10 men (again), of course he's going to reach for every bullshit excuse. We should still qualify but there's a pattern building here. Without his one and only star player he's beginning to succumb to low block teams.

I know it sounds even more stupid of me then to say sell Salah (not in reply to you but in general to everyone else)! But Klopp needs more reliable goalscorers. Mane at his age and drop in form won't get us more than 30-40m, not even worth selling when the likes of Saka will be double that. Firmino also at his age around the 30m mark at best.

Klopp, or our next manager in 18 months, will need some turbo goalscoring youngsters to support Jota. Where's the money coming from? Salah, that's the only place.

Sure and this time it was more of an explanation than excuse, but suggesting his players can’t handle the «pressure» of a Carabao Cup semi final doesn’t look to good either. I am sure he don’t give a feck about how he sounds to the media, but that might be understood to be critisisim towards his players if you ask me.

I agree with what you say about the lack of investment, replacement for Salah and and am agening squad, which brings me to the next question. How do mean the manager fecked up against ten men? It’s not a retorical question, I am just curious. They looked pedestrian with minimal of creativity, but surely Klopp would take a bigger squad if he was given more money to spend?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Do away goals matter in this cup? Or was this scrapped all around?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Do away goals matter in this cup? Or was this scrapped all around?
I think they scrapped it. I would try checking the other semifinal but you know…it’s Spurs so it never got to that point.

Big Poppa

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal were fairly depleted themselves so that's a hell of a result playing with 10 for 80!
Exactly. Tomiyasu, Odegaard, ESR & Partey would have all probably played. Not having the option of Pepe or Elneny off the bench due to AFCON either was annoying.

The decision to loan AMN to Roma now was stupid.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal will be galvanised with this result. The one they needed (and deserved) for so long. Showed great togetherness like against City.
Tottenham doesnt have that…
The Swiss got a Red. He misses.
Saka potentially injured or carrying the knock.
The team drained out after that performance.

Spurs win that game, if it doesn't get postponed.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
That was a solid performance by Arsenal. Liverpool only managed one shot on target the entire match. Down to ten men for most of the match, the Arsenal kids showed some real character.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Never understood why every other round including the final is a one leg, but they need two for the semis.

When are they going to just bin that off (assuming they do so before the whole competition)?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I wouldn't believe the first part to be true, as for the second part - because he's a fecking amazing player, a highly dangerous attacker and because I'd trust Liverpool to keep him more healthy than Barca, who are a broken institution. Aguero was puzzled that there weren't even lights on in the gym an hour before training.
I assume Liverpool attempted to lure Coman away (was certainly worth trying), you can be sure that if you'd succeeded we'd have gone for Dembélé.
Wasn't Dembele best season under Tuchel? Could see him at Chelsea more than the Dippers as Klopp's style would have him broken in about three months.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool would have won that match comfortably if they had an actual striker. The game could have gone on another two hours without Firmino or Minimino scoring. What’s happened to Origi? Was the perfect opportunity for him to fill his boots.
What always happens to Divock Origi, he gets and stays injured.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

I fancy Arsenal looking at the teams. They're a bit light in midfield though.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Decent back up too, kelleher. Not like that other mop they had, the one who played in the CL final?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
As worried as I am with that arsenal lineup it's still better than facing Arsenal or Leicester's U16s with them at only ten men. That's our real Achilles heel.