Carlo Ancelotti: Everton manager

AaronRedDevil

Shame he's throwing away his managerial career for Everton. He must be getting paid a lot.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Shame he's throwing away his managerial career for Everton. He must be getting paid a lot.
Apparently he'll become one of the top 3 best paid managers in Europe, I read somewhere. Don't know if that's true.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think that's harsh, the guy has won pretty much everything it's possible to win and managed in Italy, Germany, France, Spain and England. If he retired tomorrow his career is in the top 1% of managers ever.

He's 60 now, this is probably his last big contract and it's at a club with far less pressure to win than he's used to. Good luck to him!

billybee99

Me neither.

Ancelotti seems great at managing superstar players and getting the best out of them. But he's totally unproven as a squad-builder and a guy who lays foundations.

So he may be suited to PSG or Madrid but he's a bad fit for United and an even worse one for Everton.
Right...as opposed to Ole, Frank and Arteta who have so much experience as squad builders and guys who lay the foundations...

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Premier league is one hell of a league though. We are very lucky to watch this every week.

Watching la liga and watching ex Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez score tap in hattricks against Malaga or whoever is hella boring.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Premier league is one hell of a league though. We are very lucky to watch this every week.

Watching la liga and watching ex Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez score tap in hattricks against Malaga or whoever is hella boring.
Yeah I don't think you know what you're talking about.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale

Hasn't Liverpool won something like 24 of their last 25 games playing at about 30% of their potential? In Spain, you actually get Granada beating Barcelona or Leganea beating them last year. Has Liverpool even lost ti anyone other than Man City in the last 40 + games? Btw Manchester City has a higher goal difference than Barca this season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hasn't Liverpool won something like 24 of their last 25 games playing at about 30% of their potential? In Spain, you actually get Granada beating Barcelona or Leganea beating them last year. Has Liverpool even lost ti anyone other than Man City in the last 40 + games? Btw Manchester City has a higher goal difference than Barca this season.
That's because Barcelona this season is significantly weak and mismanaged by a very average manager.

Liverpool are the best team in the world and that's not an indication of the level of the Premier league if they go on in an invincible type run when they are winning the champions league and the club world club & so on.

I say it becomes I genuinely enjoy the weaker & average teams quality of players, managers and tactics that are so diverse in comparison to La liga and other Leagues.

Anyway this defensiveness of people's favourite Leagues have been done do death - I just genuinely love watching ours.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He must have been really desperate for a job saying yes to that excuse of a club. Had he waited a couple of weeks he would have been offered several actual football jobs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He will now realise what everyone else has probably told him, Everton have serious mentality issues when they play Liverpool.

Will only increase after today's result.

Ludens the Red

People talk about Uniteds fall from grace and wasting of money but Everton are ten times worse. An absolute joke of a football club. How many managers since Moyes?
Spent so much money to be putting out teams who play like that? Walcott? Calvert Lewin? Sidibe?
That performance summed up the last four years for them, disgraceful.

Paul_Scholes18

This result would justify getting the sack in my opinion. Can't go down against a youth team like that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This result would justify getting the sack in my opinion. Can't go down against a youth team like that.
Why? It's the FA cup, known for far bigger freak results.

Some people are so knee jerk.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He will now realise what everyone else has probably told him, Everton have serious mentality issues when they play Liverpool.

Will only increase after today's result.
Was typical Ancelotti aswell, his teams get complacent at the most inappropriate times.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why? It's the FA cup, known for far bigger freak results.

Some people are so knee jerk.
Not the sack, but Ancelotti needs to question and have some big words with the squad after that. Shades of everything that was poor under Silva tonight and disgraceful from many of our seniors. I can forgive missing some of the chances but the lack of intensity, desire and passion in terms of not only a derby but a fecking easily winnable one was trash.

I still don't know if this is a good fit. All that players are in awe of him because he's Ancelotti and he's at Everton, that's fair, but this tactical shape means our midfield gets dominated easily and needs addressing. Gylfi and Schneiderlin were both poor tonight. Yeah, Gylfi played some nice balls but he was so weak and got out-battled numerously and Schneiderlin was anonymous.

We definitely have a mental block when it comes to Anfield and Liverpool but tonight was one of the most embarassing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's amazing how bad Schneiderlin has got... I thought he was shit us, but it looks like he's got even worse.

poleglass red

Trying to play out from the back is all well and good if u have central defenders comfortable on the ball. Mina and holgate are decent defenders but very uncomfortable on the ball. What made it worse was anytime they went more direct they caused liverpool problems.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's amazing how bad Schneiderlin has got... I thought he was shit us, but it looks like he's got even worse.
Remember how good he was for Southampton? At one stage they were performing so well with players like Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Clyne, Lallana, Lambert etc.

Martialfc

He should step down after that result. Embarrassing.
He’s had three games and if you were an Everton fan you’d be calling for his head? Football fans are funny.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Remember how good he was for Southampton? At one stage they were performing so well with players like Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Clyne, Lallana, Lambert etc.
I was absolutely thrilled when we signed him... Really wanted us to get him as a I thought he was great for them and was convinced he'd be a hit for us.

I was very wrong.

Southampton players aye? Who needs 'em

Side note... What's happened to Nathaniel Clyne? No idea where he is these days

izec

He is well past it anyway. Get a good sacking fee for a short gig and then see what else is possible. He is making a pretty penny currently with the sackings. He has won quite a lot, so now it is time to get the cash in.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
I was absolutely thrilled when we signed him... Really wanted us to get him as a I thought he was great for them and was convinced he'd be a hit for us.

I was very wrong.

Still at Liverpool

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I was very wrong.

Injured with a pretty bad injury I think. Last time he played was against United in Mourinho’s final game I think.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Not the sack, but Ancelotti needs to question and have some big words with the squad after that. Shades of everything that was poor under Silva tonight and disgraceful from many of our seniors. I can forgive missing some of the chances but the lack of intensity, desire and passion in terms of not only a derby but a fecking easily winnable one was trash.

I still don't know if this is a good fit. All that players are in awe of him because he's Ancelotti and he's at Everton, that's fair, but this tactical shape means our midfield gets dominated easily and needs addressing. Gylfi and Schneiderlin were both poor tonight. Yeah, Gylfi played some nice balls but he was so weak and got out-battled numerously and Schneiderlin was anonymous.

We definitely have a mental block when it comes to Anfield and Liverpool but tonight was one of the most embarassing.
I felt a little embarrased for you all, though I did have a bit of a laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation. Really thought we would lose. No shots in the second half, it's like your team withdrew in shame after not being able to take a lead in the first half.

manc4red

I had to chuckle during his prematch interviews. He goes on and go about his record vs Liverpool and how he is going to fix Evertons problem

Then today happened.You know from that lineup he selected he wanted to win. Such an embarrassment really