Carlo Ancelotti | Real Madrid manager

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I can easily imagine him as a top national team manager. His biggest strength has always been that ability to get the best from his best players. As a Cup boss he's been great. As a tournament boss, he could be ideal.

That said, Brazil's always going to be a funny job - anything other than winning every tournament can look like an under-achievement.

BorisManUtd

Ancelotti managing in a World Cup would be a good thing.
Yeah, he'll be 67 by then and I can imagine managing Brazil at WC being his last tournament as manager before retiring. Of course if it goes well by then and they do well at Copa America.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Ancelotti winning World Cup with Brazil to break their 24 year long barren spell on top of having won five major European leagues and 4 Champions Leagues would make him without doubt most decorated manager ever, if he isn't already.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Excited to have him on board. The level of Brazilian coaches is pathetic - it's tragic the amount of talent we've wasted at the last few World Cups largely due to subpar quality of coaching.

Fenomeno9

I may be in the minority but I don't think Ancelotti will bring anything different to the Brazilian National team. Ancelotti can be just as stubborn as some Brazilian coaches. The positive is he very good at man management, a great cup manager and has a great history with Brazilian players.

IMO, Pep if he was willing, is the only european manager I would have wanted because I feel he would address an area which Brazil I think Brazil is weak in and that is in midfield.

InfiniteBoredom

Not an easy job tbh, sky high expectations but their best players will be washed by the time 26 comes around. Between now and then he will have to assemble a new defence with Silva winding down, build a new midfield especially if Casemiro has form or injury problem, and get someone scoring besides Neymar.

On the other hand, the other big NTs besides France and England are also wildly inconsistent, so competition isn’t exactly fierce.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Absolute embarrassment for the CBF who had gone as far as to announce him as the next Brazil manager. Somehow they always find a way to stoop even lower than before.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I would say he suits Madrid a lot. He deserves this contract. With a lot of injuries and problems, he has done his job well in this season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Absolute embarrassment for the CBF who had gone as far as to announce him as the next Brazil manager. Somehow they always find a way to stoop even lower than before.
That's pretty rough for them. Do they have anybody else lined up seeing as Diniz has pretty much been shitting the bed with the national team?

Big Ben Foster

Supports
That's pretty rough for them. Do they have anybody else lined up seeing as Diniz has pretty much been shitting the bed with the national team?
No, that's the scariest part. They put all their chips on him. Thankfully, there are no more qualifiers until September I think, so plenty of time to come up with a plan B. There is Copa América in the summer but that's a write-off at this point.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Such a bad look for them really. Do you think they'll go into Copa with Diniz?
Probably. I don't think it'll work though. Even if his style of play could theoretically work outside the Brazilian league, the national team simply doesn't train together long enough to drill his unique tactical setup into the players.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Still can’t believe he managed Everton. And then went straight back to Madrid from there :lol: There probably the worse team he’s got on his CV.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
does him being such a bad boy make you want him here, more?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68490581

Prosecutors in Spain have called for Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti to be jailed for four years and nine months for allegedly avoiding one million euros (£854,000) in tax.

The charges relate to image rights revenues during his first spell in charge of the club in 2014-15.
The Madrid Community Prosecutor's office accuses the Italian of creating a "confusing" and "complex" system of shell companies to hide extra earnings.

Ancelotti returned to Madrid in 2021.

His lawyer declined to provide a comment to Reuters and La Liga club Real have also not commented.

League leaders Real host RB Leipzig in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Wednesday night.

Reuters and AFP said the 64-year-old Italian had been charged with two crimes of tax fraud.

"Although he himself declared himself to be a tax resident in Spain and indicated that his home was in Madrid, he only declared in his tax returns the personal remuneration received from Real Madrid," the prosecutor said in a statement, reported by AFP.

He was also accused of having "simulated" the transfer of his image rights to entities "without any real activity" based outside of Spain to avoid paying taxes.

Ancelotti is one of football's most successful managers having had spells at the likes of Juventus, Chelsea, AC Milan, Bayern Munich and Everton during his career.

He is the only man to have won league titles in England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France, and to have won the Champions League four times.

Spain has cracked down on a number of sports stars and celebrities in recent years for alleged tax avoidance.

In 2017 Argentina striker Lionel Messi was handed a 21-month jail sentence, later reduced to a fine, after being found guilty of defrauding Spain of 4.1m euros (£3.5m) during his time at Barcelona.

In 2019, Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo accepted an €18.8m (£16.6m) fine for tax evasion charges while he was a Real Madrid player.

The deal included a 23-month jail sentence but in Spain, convicts do not usually do time for sentences under two years.

Later that year former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho was fined for a similar offence during his time in charge of Madrid.