Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri as Napoli manager | Ancelotti sacked

Skills

Snitch
Sarri must be off to Chelsea then.

Wonder where Conte is off to?

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
I hoped Paulo Fonseca would become the Neopolitan coach after Sarri to at least give the team a similar philosphy.

I have my doubts about Napoli challenging for the Scudetto with Carlo Ancelotti at the helm.

If Sarri goes to Chelsea, the premier league will have the 2 best exponents of the position game in the modern era.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm no expert on Italien football, but this seems a really weird appointment. Obviously he has a huge reputation (and probably a wage to go with that), but he doesn't fit Napoli's style, tends to disappoint in the league, even with the richest of clubs and what I'd attribute as his biggest strengths: managing a bunch of superstar egos and challenging for the CL is actually something that seems lost on Napoli.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don't understand why Sarri is leaving, I thought he was doing a good job :confused:
Because he wants more money from someone else? He isn't being sacked but choosing to leave.
He was but Zenit have offered him a shit ton of cash.
Oh I see, I thought he was being sacked.
It's not that easy. De Laurentis had troubles with him as he refused to talk about his new contract and it looks like he decided to go all-in for a big fancy name (like he usually does — at the beginning of the summer, so that that name would help him sign some high-profile players). So he is basically sacked, even though not officially, as Napoli wants to get some money for him, be it from Chelsea or Zenit (he has a clausula of 8 millions)

Skills

Snitch
As strange as it sounds it looks more likely that he'll end up at Zenit
Conte to stay then? A bit annoying, he's a very good manager, and without the CL again they might put together a run in the league again.

Blackwidow

He and Mauri seem to have enough of fishing and the whole family seems to need jobs again.

el3mel

Somewhat strange appointment for Carlo. Interesting what he'll do there.

T A

A total downgrade for Ance. Cant understand why top clubs seem not to be interested in him on this sabbatical

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
I've read reports that he wants Pirlo as his #2. Not sure how Napoli will play next season with Carlo at the helm, but I don't think they'll push Juve for the Scudetto like they did this year. Roma are the dark horse for next year, in my opinion.

Kapardin

I hoped Paulo Fonseca would become the Neopolitan coach after Sarri to at least give the team a similar philosphy.

I have my doubts about Napoli challenging for the Scudetto with Carlo Ancelotti at the helm.

If Sarri goes to Chelsea, the premier league will have the 2 best exponents of the position game in the modern era.
They won't. Ancelotti with the best of teams is sometimes hit and miss in the league.

I reckon he will keep them in CL spots and win some Coppas. He's a good cup manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've read reports that he wants Pirlo as his #2. Not sure how Napoli will play next season with Carlo at the helm, but I don't think they'll push Juve for the Scudetto like they did this year. Roma are the dark horse for next year, in my opinion.
I'm hoping Inter's wheels don't fall off again so soon. Icardi and Perisic should be undeterred from any transfer rumours all summer (with the former having a nice rest too), Brozovic's rejuvenation in a deeper role, and a De Vrij - Skriniar partnership at the back. Oh, and Asamoah on a free.

Are there any other transfer rumours at the minute? A new top tier right sided attacker would do well. I think Lautaro Martinez is likely, right? Not sure how or where he fits, though...

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
I'm hoping Inter's wheels don't fall off again so soon. Icardi and Perisic should be undeterred from any transfer rumours all summer (with the former having a nice rest too), Brozovic's rejuvenation in a deeper role, and a De Vrij - Skriniar partnership at the back. Oh, and Asamoah on a free.

Are there any other transfer rumours at the minute? A new top tier right sided attacker would do well. I think Lautaro Martinez is likely, right? Not sure how or where he fits, though...
Spaletti has done an exceptional job to get them into the CL. The squad still needs some tweaking but it seems like he's taking them in the right direction. I don't know if next year might be too early to hope for something from them but I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with the year after, if they continue making the right moves. Lautaro Martinez will arrive in Milan tomorrow, and have his medical and official presentation on Friday, I think. Not a bad punt for 22m, even though you never know how he'll turn out, I'm sure the Interistas still have nightmares about Gabigol:lol:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Conte to stay then? A bit annoying, he's a very good manager, and without the CL again they might put together a run in the league again.
They'd still have Europa which is a drag on anyone. But I fear Sarri will be going to Chelsea based on latest reports;.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
If Sarri is sacked, Marina has played a blinder here. There were reports it was her plan for Sarri to get sacked so we didn't have to pay him out. If this is the truth, then well done to Marina.