Carney Chukwuemeka | Signs for Chelsea

diarm

My Villa supporting mate is not a fan of his attitude at all. More than a bit big for his boots by all accounts.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We seem entirely focused on players Ten Hag is very familiar with so doubt we'd move for him, but definitely worth the gamble at that price.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We seem entirely focused on players Ten Hag is very familiar with so doubt we'd move for him, but definitely worth the gamble at that price.
Yeah seems like your strategy this window is to be relatively 'safe' and go for targets your manager knows and then Jan/Summer is when different targets might be sought for you.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Yeah seems like your strategy this window is to be relatively 'safe' and go for targets your manager knows and then Jan/Summer is when different targets might be sought for you.
Yep, I can understand the safer approach after such a bad season anyway. I do wonder will the club still want a flashy social media signing should de Jong not materialise though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yeah I think we were so unimpressed with our scouting system too. Scary for a club or our size to be honest.

Hopefully the revamp works for future windows.

Dazzmondo

He's supposed to be a top talent. To already play in the Premier League 14 times at the age of 18 is special, even if it is mostly from the bench. Barcelona also seem to be interested in him. I'd go for it, and I suspect we could get him for less than £20m since he only has 1 year left on his contract. Tbh, we might be better just waiting until January and signing him on a pre-contract, since we probably couldn't risk starting him much this season anyway and the team should be more settled and used to ETH's style for the following season.

CM10

Seems a bit chancey this one. By all accounts he did well at youth level for Villa but it hasn't translated to senior football yet, and he plays in a position we're already well stocked in.

Maybe worth keeping an eye on but don't see a lot of point in moving for him this summer.

bringbackbebe

Looks very similar in style to Zidane Iqbal. Can see why Ten Hag wants him. Looks like Barca are linked with him as well & are looking to hand him major IOU notes.

Mainoldo

Looks very similar in style to Zidane Iqbal. Can see why Ten Hag wants him. Looks like Barca are linked with him as well & are looking to hand him major IOU notes.
This wouldn’t be a manager recommendation. Our youth scouting has been doing very well and I’m sure he’s be on our list for well over a year now.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
Looks the best of the current crop of England under 19s. Seems like better value than Amad or Pellestri.

daba

Is he any better than what we already have I Zidane Iqbal / Hannibal?

Also prefer Jacob Ramsey if we were to grab a Villa academy graduate

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Looks a real talent to me but doubt he will move.

Mainoldo

Is he any better than what we already have I Zidane Iqbal / Hannibal?

Also prefer Jacob Ramsey if we were to grab a Villa academy graduate
This guy is rated higher than Ramsey. He’s been likened to Paul Pogba for obvious reasons.

Also Ramsey’s younger brother Aaron is also rated higher than him. But anything can happen in football. Phil Neville and Fabio Da Silva we’re all rated the better of their brothers.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
My Villa supporting mate is not a fan of his attitude at all. More than a bit big for his boots by all accounts.
tough one to call as by a lot of accounts, he's very talented and a lot of big teams have been following him. Villa didn't integrate him that well into the first team, or maybe he didn't put the required in for Gerrard to give him opportunities, but he'd be wise to go somewhere where he'd get minutes.

Ekeke

This guy is rated higher than Ramsey. He’s been likened to Paul Pogba for obvious reasons.

Also Ramsey’s younger brother Aaron is also rated higher than him. But anything can happen in football. Phil Neville and Fabio Da Silva we’re all rated the better of their brothers.
Was. Ramsey is stopping him getting chances and one of the reasons hes not sticking around. Villa obviously made their choice

Dazzmondo

Seems a bit chancey this one. By all accounts he did well at youth level for Villa but it hasn't translated to senior football yet, and he plays in a position we're already well stocked in.

Maybe worth keeping an eye on but don't see a lot of point in moving for him this summer.
He's only 18, it would be bizarre if it had translated already. It is very rare for 18 year olds to be stars, especially in the PL. The exceptions truly are normally generational talents like Rooney and Fabregas.

Jersey Heel

He gets knocked down, but he gets up again. No, you’re never gonna keep him down.

Ekeke

He's only 18, it would be bizarre if it had translated already. It is very rare for 18 year olds to be stars, especially in the PL. The exceptions truly are normally generational talents like Rooney and Fabregas.
Isnt that all the more reason to doubt he's going to? By far the majority of youngsters who did well at youth levels dont do so well in adult football

Mainoldo

Was. Ramsey is stopping him getting chances and one of the reasons hes not sticking around. Villa obviously made their choice
Ramsey is 21 he’s 18. It would be like saying Darren Gibson is stopping Pogba from getting games. He’s only ahead of him because of age. It wasn’t his projection to be playing CM for Villa regular at 18. Bit of a silly statement that.

Mainoldo

Thank you. Some weird opinions. Like he should be tearing it up at 18. It’s not the norm at all.

Ekeke

Ramsey is 21 he’s 18. It would be like saying Darren Gibson is stopping Pogba from getting games. He’s only ahead of him because of age. It wasn’t his projection to be playing CM for Villa regular at 18. Bit of a silly statement that.
He's not. He's ahead of him because Ramsey is playing well for the first team. One of the best young midfielders in the league and if he does it again next season probably will play for his country.

Did Gibson play well in the first team? No he didnt.

Mainoldo

Isnt that all the more reason to doubt he's going to? By far the majority of youngsters who did well at youth levels dont do so well in adult football
The fact that top clubs want him is why he hasn’t signed his Villa contract. They aren’t offering him crap money.

If there was questions over his ability it would make sense for him to stay as the offers wouldn’t be there.

Mainoldo

He's not. He's ahead of him because Ramsey is playing well for the first team. Did Gibson?
So Pogba couldn’t get past Gibson because he was better than him? Is this what we are saying? Yet he goes to Juve and becomes a first team regular meanwhile Gibson ends up at Sunderland or wherever he went.

He’s two years ahead of him in developement playing in the Hardest position to break through young. I’m sure if they were in the same youth team it would be a different story.

Ekeke

The fact that top clubs want him is why he hasn’t signed his Villa contract. They aren’t offering him crap money.

If there was questions over his ability it would make sense for him to stay as the offers wouldn’t be there.
Big clubs sign youngsters who dont make it all the time. If he was getting plenty of football at Villa he's far more likely to stay and wait for the perfect offer from a team that are going to play him rather than being farmed out. He's barely getting a look in while Ramsey is one of the best young midfielders in the league and Villa dont want to play both of them

Ekeke

So Pogba couldn’t get past Gibson because he was better than him? Is this what we are saying? Yet he goes to Juve and becomes a first team regular meanwhile Gibson ends up at Sunderland or wherever he went.

He’s two years ahead of him in developement playing in the Hardest position to break through young. I’m sure if they were in the same youth team it would be a different story.
Gibson was rubbish for the first team, never proved himself

Ramsey is one of the best young midfielders in the country and many bigger clubs would take him if he was available

Mainoldo

Big clubs sign youngsters who dont make it all the time. If he was getting plenty of football at Villa he's far more likely to stay and wait for the perfect offer from a team that are going to play him rather than being farmed out. He's barely getting a look in while Ramsey is one of the best young midfielders in the league and Villa dont want to play both of them
He’s barely getting a look in because he’s 18. Are you just trying to win an argument instead of using your common sense?

Mainoldo

Gibson was rubbish for the first team, never proved himself

Ramsey is one of the best young midfielders in the country and many bigger clubs would take him if he was available
Name me a big club who want him? Right now bring me evidence.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You always hear that this player was rated higher than another player at the youth team etc. Often doesn't work out that way. If this guy is better than Ramsey then the best teams in the world will be all over this opportunity right now. Let's see what happens.

Mainoldo

He's not available. Just like ridges on your brain
Oh okay? That new contract he signed a few month’s ago? So before then who was interested?

These big clubs have been interested in Chukwuemeka since last year. Barcelona have been chasing him for ages.

I just wanted to know when Jacob Ramsey has had this level of hype? I don’t remember these big things spoke about him at youth level. Was just wondering if you got him mixed up with Jude Bellingham. Had to check.

StonedhamsterZA

18 posts to get my Generational Talent square filled in on Thread Bingo, thanks!

Ekeke

Oh okay? That new contract he signed a few month’s ago? So before then who was interested?

These big clubs have been interested in Chukwuemeka since last year. Barcelona have been chasing him for ages.

I just wanted to know when Jacob Ramsey has had this level of hype? I don’t remember these big things spoke about him at youth level. Was just wondering if you got him mixed up with Jude Bellingham. Had to check.
No, he's just got some hype now because he's doing very well in the first team at 21. It may not be 18, but its still impressive and he has 6 goals and 1 assist in the premier league from 29 starts and 5 sub appearances, playing in a midfield 3 as an attack minded CM

I think its pretty obvious that if he was available and Villa wanted to sell him at £20 million then plenty of the top premier league teams would be interested. But they obviously want to keep one of their best players and there are no indications he would be available so nobody is going for him right now. Maybe at the end of next season. Carney is available thats why theres interest

Mainoldo

No, he's just got some hype now because he's doing very well in the first team at 21. It may not be 18, but its still impressive and he has 6 goals and 1 assist in the premier league from 29 starts and 5 sub appearances, playing in a midfield 3 as an attack minded CM

I think its pretty obvious that if he was available and Villa wanted to sell him at £20 million then plenty of the top premier league teams would be interested. But they obviously want to keep one of their best players and there are no indications he would be available so nobody is going for him right now. Maybe at the end of next season. Carney is available thats why theres interest
In reality no. He’s at his level and probably will move between Everton and a current Newcastle if he became available. Yes he’s doing very well and he should be proud of his development.

But this wasn’t the point I was making. He’s not got the same projected ability level as Chukwuemeka.. But it’s all potential isn’t it… however I would rather United risk buying him than say Ramsey all because he happens to be the better player right now.

There’s not internet because he’s available. I have said already top clubs have been monitoring this kid for ages, Man City being another club who really like him and have tried to get him.

It’s in our interest to do so as we might have to fork money on them in the future once they develop or we might get situations where they don’t sign a new deal like this. We have never been interested in Jacob Ramsey. That’s probably because we produce our own with more talent than him.

https://talksport.com/football/9906...sfer-news-carney-chukwuemeka-aston-villa/amp/ 2021.

Last edited: