Carrick to start against Watford

FujiVice

Is he going to come off after 16 minutes and be carried off by his team mates like Drogba? fecking hope not.

Sandyman

Will have the feel of a testimonial game now. He's had a great career and won everything there is to win. Hope he can translate that success into management.

Fridge chutney

An all time United great. Served 12 years at the club and helped us through one of our most successful periods. Incredibly gifted player and a 26 year old Carrick would be worth £100M today.

The thread when we signed him is laughable... but hindsight is often 20/20.

And i have to say, the forum was not heavily moderated back then was it? This gem takes the cake:

Stupid and ignorant son of a bitch. :mad: I merely pointed out the FACT the you should fecking get your stats right and you call me a cnut who doesn't no football? Especially when I posted OPTA INDEX stats on Carrick and all England's top English central midfielders from the Sky Sports website in an earlier thread on Hargreaves being linked with United and they totally differ from your obvious lies! Which you freaking claim" I heard on skysports" you pmpous piece of arrogant shit!!!:mad: So you stinking mother fecker either get you fecking stats right or never post again cause this forum is better off without arseholes like you and Guvorgonaz posting lies and rubbish and when it is pointed out to you can only resort to abuse when football is clearly a thing you have never EVER understood yet try to come off as a guru. Offence taken and plenty intended. feck you very much says the chief.:mad:
:lol:

SER19

It's funny that sometimes we look at players and think 'he'll be a good manager some day', and others we wouldn't consider. As Carrick has progressed and he become a more senior player he strikes me as a player who will make s fantastic coach despite never thinking that even 3 years back.

Been a great player for us possibly our mosr underrated player ever and hope he stays for years

NotQuiteManc

Will he play the whole 90 minutes you guys reckon? Or substitute at 16th minute or 16th minutes from final whistle?

dogwithabone

Fantastic footballer who was the steadying influence behind so much of our success. Shambolically treated by England and if they’d had a manger with the balls to build the side around Carrick - as Fergie did at United - then more may have been achieved. Gerrard and Lampard were worth their places but Carrick should have been the mainstay allowing the pair if them to reproduce their club form.

You can never be sure as it’s been disproven on so many ocassions but Carrick gives the impression that he could become a top class coach and ultimately a manager. A great brain on the pitch with a terrific temperament but I guess time will tell whether he possesses the ruthlessness to become a top manager/coach.

Red_Aaron

If true this is a lot of money - but what can you do? I can't remember the last time UTD paid a reasonable price for anyone

Carrick is a quality player who'd do well at UTD imo, people slagging him off for no reason are idiots. He's improved no end in the lsat 2 years and a step up could be just what he needs. It wasn't until chelsea started signing other top players that lampard really kicked on and there's no reason why, surrounded by better players, that carrick can't improve even further with us
From his signing thread :cool:
So glad I didn't slag him off! I really couldn't remember :p
He'll get a great send off and fully deserves it great servant to the club :devil:

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm glad to see so many positive comments regarding Carrick. Too often there have been so many here that didn't understand how important Carrick was to the team. He was a major piece for many titles. If I remember correctly, he was voted United player of the year by the players during a year we won the title. That says it all IMO.