Carrick's First Team

passing-wind

Chelsea now all set up to be an extremely curious affair.

Wonder what we do if Carrick actually proves himself tactically competent and gets his teams and in-game management spot on there and Arsenal.

Certainly would be a conundrum in terms of interim management.
I agree with this to the extent of the last point made being restricted to an interim.

Scholes had some very harsh words towards Carrick and the staff and if they did indeed have a massive influence in responsibility under Ole taking charge in the preparations then Carrick must go along with Phelan etc. Irrespective of relative success, he's failed under two successive managers.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I agree with this to the extent of the last point made being restricted to an interim.

Scholes had some very harsh words towards Carrick and the staff and if they did indeed have a massive influence in responsibility under Ole taking charge in the preparations then Carrick must go along with Phelan etc. Irrespective of relative success, he's failed under two successive managers.
I agree with Scholes.

Phelan and MCkenna can feck off. What does Phelan even do?

Carrick I'd maybe let stay as an assistant coach of some kind but in general they let Ole down and he fell on the sword. They aren't good enough

Redlyn

Ole chose his coaching team, decided the team selection and tactics, made the final decisions. He is solely responsible for his own downfall.

Kag

Carrick’s approach to football matches seems to be an impersonation of Havant and Waterlooville against Liverpool. Infact, even they displayed more positivity. Your bog standard Premier League side stopped this shite a good while ago.

This chump needs to take a hike when new bodies come in; part of the problem.

Red Royal

Carrick’s approach to football matches seems to be an impersonation of Havant and Waterlooville against Liverpool. Infact, even they displayed more positivity. Your bog standard Premier League side stopped this shite a good while ago.

This chump needs to take a hike when new bodies come in; part of the problem.
Would you be happier if he went all out attack and we lost by 3 goals?

Kag

Would you be happier if he went all out attack and we lost by 3 goals?
No, why would I be? I’d be happier if we made a proper attempt at playing football.

I can see why Carrick is trying to simply get through these games, but it’s quite symbolic of just how bad things are that it’s come to this.

MattofManchester

No, why would I be? I’d be happier if we made a proper attempt at playing football.

I can see why Carrick is trying to simply get through these games, but it’s quite symbolic of just how bad things are that it’s come to this.
He's been thrown into the line of fire with no prior experience, but got us to the knockouts of a CL, and pulled out a draw against the league leaders away.

He's done enough. Now hopefully RR can elevate us for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Crashoutcassius

Playing top 3 world team today and a new manager probably starting tomorrow. The point or points is the most important thing today. I'd say Carrick and co couldn't care less what anyone thinks of the football given the above exceptional circumstances. Good point today and could have been more

Trequarista10

He's been thrown into the line of fire with no prior experience, but got us to the knockouts of a CL, and pulled out a draw against the league leaders away.

He's done enough. Not hopefully RR can elevate us for the rest of the season.
This. Some people have zero sense of perspective.

cyberman

Not easy to set up a defensive structure like that at Stamford Bridge and navigate the game v Villarreal.
You can only say well done. I don’t know where this sudden rise in expectations have come from and it’s ridiculous

Abraxas

He's done very well. Got through that Villarreal game well in the second half.

Let's be honest today was extremely pragmatic, we offered nothing like enough going forward and rode our luck but there was some organisation out there to somewhat limit Chelsea's quality of chances. They still had some very good ones but it was okay considering where we are as a team and where they are, especially with the defence we put out.

cyberman

feck me Keane are you happy now? He stayed to settle the ship so thank you Michael

oreon

That's a classy move from Carrick. Stepping aside so Rangnick can bring his own people in. If Mike Phelan had any pride he'd do the same. He has no future in the club or anywhere for that matter, he's just holding now to collect the checks.
As for McKenna I can understand why he doesn't. He's young and is not established. Getting another position like this would be near impossible. But Phelan has to go, its shameful that he's still here