Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unam333

That chance was just plain unlucky. Yes, it was a sitter, but the ball went in quite high and he couldn't tap it in with his foot.

KeanoMagicHat

Imperious for 80 odd minutes, but then the yellow card, the miss and then the thought of him missing against Arsenal was such a letdown.

Betson

Such a massive player for us , week in week out he is our top or near top player. Not seen that consistency in a Utd midfielder since Keane,

Massive blow him been out for Sundays match , we don''t have a replacement that come anyway near.

justboy68

He was absolutely unreal for most of the game, lost count of how many times he cleared or intercepted the ball. Such a shame he didn't put that chance in. Brutal that he is suspended for Sunday.

Stadjer

Unlucky... took the yellow to stop the attack. With 0-2 instead of 0-1 i think he wouldnt have made that foul. He might have not even been on the pitch in that case. ETH couldnt take him off though, needed him for the three points. Too bad a very good free kick turned 3 points into just 1.

Had a good game defending. Will obviously miss him against Arsenal but so be it. Not looking forward to see McT instead...

El Jefe

He should've trusted Varane but that's easy to say now.

He had such a great game too. Hopefully this forces us to get a proper deputy for him in the summer because we're pretty fecked without him.

RaulitoElCrack

Can sniff danger from a mile away. Covers everyone else everytime they over commit or take a risk. Huge miss for the weekend.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Would have capped quite a performance had he been able to knee Bruno's corner into the goal. We'll miss him at Arsenal, that's for sure.

SB16

Our most important player, and he was amazing for 80 mins. That tackle though, especially for a player as experienced as him, was absolutely insane. EtH should have taken him off, but I don't think he could have anticipated Casemiro losing his head like that. Will be a big loss vs Arsenal.

CM10

The talking point will be about the yellow card but it shouldn't go under the radar just how much of a monstrous performance that was from Casemiro yet again. We were pretty ordinary tonight and he was everywhere. Even the card only happened because of some hospital passing going on between Fernandes and Wan-Bissaka which left him with no choice.

The yellow almost felt like more of a blow than when the equaliser went in for me, which says it all really.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Was great but that yellow :(

We'll sorely miss him on Sunday and it goes without saying.

Irwin99

Immense performance until the yellow card. I don't blame EtH for not subbing him as the game was 1-0 and Palace were still in it. If the attack had been more effective then he could have been taken off a lot earlier.

dinostar77

Honestly, i thought he was a panic buy when we couldnt get frenkie. I under appreciated him when he was a madrid player.

Its only now i am realising what a fantastic player he is. Immense.

It speaks volumes for the guy, that kroos recently said that madrid arent as defensively as strong since he left. Also kroos has had to adapt his game to add more defensive side to it as tchouameni isnt as disicplined as casemiro in holding position.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Casemiro missing the Arsenal game is such a massive blow. I’d take a draw if offered now.

Idxomer

He really makes up for a lot of the mistakes on the ball from his teammates, the problem is he commits his fair share of them too.

If we had a midfielder who can carry the ball forwards effectively, I don't think he would need to misplace so many passes forward.

criticalanalysis

People blaming Bruno but it was Casemiro's poor pass that led to the Palace attack
True but it was like a 5/10 pass and a 3/10 attempt of winning the ball from Bruno. It was 50/50 at worst that could have seen us on the break as AWB was looking for the one-two/overlap.

It didn't even needed to be won or be passed into AWB first time, just a simply hold your position and delay the ball would have sufficed.

A-man

He was fantastic, not only great in midfield but also acted as an extra CB when needed. However… his passing. It’s not good when a player in his position misplace so many passes. Think every third pass went wrong.

Oranges038

He's been great, little bit sloppy on the ball tonight.

Him getting a yellow tonight was nailed on, won't Arsenal be pissed when they lose the midfield battle to McFred.

ShinjiNinja26

Absolute kick in the bollocks that he got booked tonight, such an important player for us. Feels like he’s missed the game for nothing now after conceding late on. He’ll get a bit of rest at least, I just hope we can to pull a win out the bag without him.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Man …, I was at work and the click merchants all had headlines like “United drop points! Casemiro lost!”

And I was like whaaaaaaat? I was actually relieved it was just a suspension. I genuinely hate modern media.

Still a bad beat for you guys. I’m still maintains faith you can rip Arsenals heart out though.

croadyman

Just seen that miss from him in stoppage time,omg he just needed to get a touch but unfortunately hit his hip and went away

Last edited:

croadyman

Monumental loss for Sunday,why not give Lisandro a chance there alongside Fred because seems more defensively sound than McTominay

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Our best midfielder and player by a country mile. That being said, after watching him closely over the season so far, I can see why on the ball, he was restricted at Madrid. It's because he can be pretty erratic at times. With maestros like Kroos and Modric on the field, there's no need to take that risk with Casemiro.
On other hand, with the state of our midfield, it still makes sense for him to have free reign.
The day we manage to return him to his Madrid role as the ultimate shield is the day we truly arrive.

gregwar

Brilliant. A massive loss on Sunday.

Proper shithousery from Bruno backing out of that tackle. Nevermind, we play the hand we're dealt here. Up the fecking reds.

croadyman

Ugh IF only he could have scored that chance right at the end,yes he would have been missing but could have lifted us psychologically for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.