Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Still don't understand why he felt to make that foul
Honestly I thought it was a valid decision. We were fecked and they are through on goal if he doesn't foul there, and at a certain point you have to accept trying to get the result of the game you are currently in, than the hypothetical one on Sunday.

The bigger irony was Bruno moaning after the foul, when he's the fecking one the stupidly gave the ball away in that position.

evil_geko

Eh, it was in heat of a match, I don't blame him, he is in constant warrior mode, good lad. What did trigger me is our own fans calling him idiot, brainless and other abuse after that tackle, fecking clowns part of our fanbase are.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There isn't a breakdown of passing rates for each half is there? I thought it happened in the second half when the team started to look disjointed, not least after Weghorst was off, and our game resorted to trying to find that killer pass. Of course, at that point, there was no Bruno in the centre but wide right, so more onus on the two midfielders capable to bring the creativity, and Eriksen was clearly worn out.
The difference I’ve noticed between Casemiro and our other midfielders is that a lot of the time when he makes a poor pass he manages to win the ball back quickly, so a lot of the time it isn’t the end of the world.
There's mitigating factors but it's curious all the same. He arrived with this reputation for being a defensive wall who kept his passing very simple. Instead we're seeing unbelievable creativity but a hell of a lot of loose/reckless passes as well. Maybe he's getting a bit above himself in terms of his passing? When he sees how crap our team is compared to his last one, I guess it's understandable that he gets some notions. But ETH might need to have a word.

FriedClams

There's mitigating factors but it's curious all the same. He arrived with this reputation for being a defensive wall who kept his passing very simple. Instead we're seeing unbelievable creativity but a hell of a lot of loose/reckless passes as well. Maybe he's getting a bit above himself in terms of his passing? When he sees how crap our team is compared to his last one, I guess it's understandable that he gets some notions. But ETH might need to have a word.
I agree. His passing isnt too far off brunos in terms of how erratic it can be.

Idxomer

We basically don't have the players he could delegate to in midfield to progress play when they are pressed. Casemiro takes it upon himself to move the ball forward with his passing. He has a good vision but his passing is very hit and miss under pressure. In the end, he looks like a defensive midfielder who plays like a very erratic no. 10. Having him and Bruno do the same in the midfield just makes the team look awful in possession for long stretches in games.

croadyman

We basically don't have the players he could delegate to in midfield to progress play when they are pressed. Casemiro takes it upon himself to move the ball forward with his passing. He has a good vision but his passing is very hit and miss under pressure. In the end, he looks like a defensive midfielder who plays like a very erratic no. 10. Having him and Bruno do the same in the midfield just makes the team look awful in possession for long stretches in games.
Sadly we can't improve that side of things until the summer IF we actually get new owners

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Honestly I thought it was a valid decision. We were fecked and they are through on goal if he doesn't foul there, and at a certain point you have to accept trying to get the result of the game you are currently in, than the hypothetical one on Sunday.

The bigger irony was Bruno moaning after the foul, when he's the fecking one the stupidly gave the ball away in that position.
This. Can't believe people saying otherwise. If You don't foul him, he will be in box and then you know anything can happen next (it was Zaha).

The only argument which I can agree is that we still had time to find a goal and win it. But you can't make decisions based on that. It's a fecking away match.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Cas was clearly trying to find Rashy with a killer pass over the top. He could have easily achieved 90-95% pass completion if he wanted to play it safe but that clearly wasn't the instruction: he was clearly under orders to try to hit Rashford over the top. Seems a bit unfair to throw his poor pass completion in his sexy Brazilian face when he was attempting difficult passes. It wasn't as though he was misplacing 5 yard passes like Fred at his worst.
Not really true. They give a breakdown of his pass completion. He completed just 30% of his long passes (83% for Eriksen, 63% for Bruno) but also only completed 70% of his short passes (97% and 85% for the other two) In his short time on the pitch Fred completed 100% of his short passes.

Side note, Scott McTominay also completed 100% of his short passes. Although this was the exact same number in his 22 minutes on the pitch that Fred managed in his 8 minutes. McT also didn't even attempt a single medium or long range pass. Nor did he make a single tackle or interception. I have to stop typing now. Sorry. My blood pressure...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His stats from last night are interesting. Defensively it was an unbelievable performance. 8 tackles and 3 interceptions. He was pretty slapdash with his passing though. Only 67% completion, which is unusually bad for a CM (Eriksen was 90%). Not really sure what to make of that.
Quoting my post from Fortitude's thread:
This season in the PL average per 90:
  • Bruno Fernandes passing accuracy - 74%;
  • Christian Eriksen - 79.4%
  • Casemiro 77.7%
Nobody in our midfield seems to keep it neat and tidy. On the other hand, our top midfield target in the summer is averaging 90% in La Liga this season. You can see the appeal, eh...

FriedClams

Watching it back, it gets stupider and stupider. Sure. Zaha is almost in the box, but hes's shifted it onto his left foot, outside the width of the goalposts.

Hes now up against Varane who is one of the best of his generation at dealing with attackers one on one, with Martinez going to cover one palace player and shaw easily going to be able to cover the other, plus eriksen will be an extra body in the box. You also have De Gea, whos produced a few brilliant saves at this point, to beat. Given Palace struggles in front of goal too, the safest assumption based on everything above is that if Casemiro doesnt tackle him, then palace dont score. Too many people have justified the yellow card as if it denied a certain goal when the reality is, we could have dealt with the situation fairly comfortably, like we have been doing for a lot of this season. it's genuinely a moment of stupidity from Casemiro.

mu4c_20le

No they aren't, they were miles out. Lets just accept it was a rush of blood to the head and move on.

Also, it was arguable that his pass to Bruno was underhit, which allowed the Palace player to tackle. Bruno did not give away the ball.

BerryBerryShrew

Not really true. They give a breakdown of his pass completion. He completed just 30% of his long passes (83% for Eriksen, 63% for Bruno) but also only completed 70% of his short passes (97% and 85% for the other two) In his short time on the pitch Fred completed 100% of his short passes.

Side note, Scott McTominay also completed 100% of his short passes. Although this was the exact same number in his 22 minutes on the pitch that Fred managed in his 8 minutes. McT also didn't even attempt a single medium or long range pass. Nor did he make a single tackle or interception. I have to stop typing now. Sorry. My blood pressure...
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought his short pass completion was that poor, but I have such an unashamed mancrush on Cas that I see his already brilliant performances through rose tinted specs.

At the risk of causing cardiac arrest, I get the feeling that McTom will probably be tasked with replacing him at the weekend (instead of Fred/Martinez). It could be a bloodbath at the Emirates!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It reminds of our final game before the WC. Case played like some sort of quarterback, pinging long pass after long pass. i think I screenshot his low success rate for long pass as the worst in our team.
We were almost draw, until an 18 y.o. saved the day.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Look at where Zaha was, where he was running to and where Varana was. The foul was truly unnecessary

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Look at where Zaha was, where he was running to and where Varana was. The foul was truly unnecessary
It wasn't unnecessary maybe but also it wasn't something which was needed to be done. It was smart foul to do IF you are not in danger of second yellow/5th yellow ban.
Imo, it was pure anger foul. He was pissed on Bruno, had a blackout and did what he is doing his whole career; went in hard tackle.
At that moment he completely forgot on his card situation.

Anustart89

It wasn't a stupid yellow. It was a yellow to prevent a great opportunity for CP. We seem to have different opinions, but I just don't judge a player from 1 or 2 moments in a game. AWB was a 6.5/10 for me, due to doing absolutely nothing in attack, despite having tons of space. He was actually detrimental most of the times. Cas gave an 8 out of 10 for me. As I said, without Cas we would definitely lost yesterday. Without AWB we could have won. That's the difference for me.

I don't care if 53% voted for AWB. I also don't see the point of you mentioning it.
Then again (in hindsight), even if he lets the guy go, doesn’t get booked and they make it 1-1, we’d have 15-20 minutes to chase another goal as opposed to three minutes, as it transpired. Three minutes during we managed to put them under significant pressure which would’ve probably resulted in a goal had we had another ten-fifteen minutes to go at them.

Bobski

78.3% completion rate for Bruno, 78.6% for Cas in the league this season. He plays some beauts then will shank one off his heel first time or wildly overhit it.

Tends to be fine when he takes a little more time and much more erratic rushing .

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
On the bright side, between the suspension and the next 3 games being 3 as easy on paper cup games as you can ask for, there is no better time to refresh him for the 2nd half of the season.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He's a key player so having a game to rest isn't so bad and hopefully the team can perform without him.

Skills

Snitch
Jeez that is grim when you look at our midfield depth and forward options
The chickens were always coming home to roost at some point. We've been stupid in the transfer market - even last summer, some of the recklessness was baffling.

evil_geko

I love all these overanalysis of the situation and every little bit of it with screenshots, clips etc while he had to act in the moment to stop the chance, hindsight is a beautiful thing isn't it. Analysing every little bit of it from your cozy home and calling him stupid where he had to act in split second.

RuudTom83

Good news for Arsenal.
Bad news for Forest.

He will be fully charged for the semi-final.

croadyman

I love all these overanalysis of the situation and every little bit of it with screenshots, clips etc while he had to act in the moment to stop the chance, hindsight is a beautiful thing isn't it. Analysing every little bit of it from your cozy home and calling him stupid where he had to act in split second.
Erik should have taken him off much earlier but didn't help game wasn't put to bed due to sloppy second half FC

criticalanalysis

No they aren't, they were miles out. Lets just accept it was a rush of blood to the head and move on.

Also, it was arguable that his pass to Bruno was underhit, which allowed the Palace player to tackle. Bruno did not give away the ball.

AWB was out of position and Casemiro was never going to catch Zaha in a foot race if he got past. He would have been driving to the edge of the 6 yard box, where he could have squared it to the centre Palace player and/or gone for it himself as Varane would have been in two minds (of which area to cover). He also had another teammate on the outside overlap.

If this wasn't the whole one match suspension business, many would be saying 'good tactical foul' in an edgy away game, where we've been underpar, fatigued and holding on looking to get as many points as possible after being on an incredible run.

The pass to Bruno was underhit but it was a 50/50 ball at worst and this is after he had already fecked about 3-4 times on that right wing previously. You don't lose the ball in transition/go for a flick/touch pass when your teammates are looking to break.

Overall, it was a poor match from most involved but entirely understand after the amount of games and form we've shown.

Last edited:

croadyman

I know it shouldn't be happening due to Premier League screwing us over,however hope he puts his feet up on Sunday and we will do our best to manage this monumental loss

Really should have bought an able deputy in January who could offer similar skills but money's too tight to mention this window

Last edited:

Sylar

Don't think we concede the third with him. Other two may still happen though

ShinjiNinja26

Our most important player. It’s night and day the difference he makes to the team. It’s vitally important we sign a quality back up for him in the summer, the drop off in standard from Casemiro to McTominay is massive.

Abhinav

Big miss today but it is what it is. We would have come away with atleast a point if he had played.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yeah we don't lose that game with him.

But it's up to him now to go on a run and drag his teammates through the next few games, as I think there will be one or two familiar dropped heads.

Today highlighted his importance for Eriksen and Bruno. Without him they are exposed, and McTominay is not a DM. Just because he's massive doesn't mean he can play the deepest of a three. It's box to box or nothing I'm afraid.

Chairman Steve

An absolute mensch due to how shaky we looked today without him. I think he may overtake Martinez and Rashford as my player of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.