Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anyone else worried about him having a long break before the cup final?

He seems to be a bit like Rooney or Shaw, in needing games to stay sharp. Hence he looked well off the pace in his first few games for us. And also struggled vs Forest in his first game back after his last ban.

Keanes Magic Hat

Anyone else worried about him having a long break before the cup final?

He seems to be a bit like Rooney or Shaw, in needing games to stay sharp. Hence he looked well off the pace in his first few games for us. And also struggled vs Forest in his first game back after his last ban.
He's got a couple of Barcelona matches to keep him sharp

OrcaFat

One down two to go. I’ve got my hands over my eyes the whole time until he gets back. We’re wide open at times and lack backbone.

redom

The drop off in standard is just too much, you can't expect to have someone just as good to slot in but when he's not in there we lose too much midfield presence.

A-man

Last season the CBs had to face free running forwards all the time. Midfield was an open door. Casemiro shut that door. Tonight the door was open again.

Infra-red

Our most important player. Not sure where three points is coming from without him in the side. If we want top 4, we'll need to keep him fit (and eligible to play) for the remainder of the season following this suspension.

Swedish_Plumber

The drop off in standard is just too much, you can't expect to have someone just as good to slot in but when he's not in there we lose too much midfield presence.
Agreed. The drop off is also so big because we don’t have another DM to come in. Biggest club in the world and we lack any depth in such a crucial position in modern football.

Paul778

Last season the CBs had to face free running forwards all the time. Midfield was an open door. Casemiro shut that door. Tonight the door was open again.
It was the worst days of ole ball for long periods tonight. We would have lost if it was slabhead and lindelof they had a free run at.

When everyone said the red card came at a good time they were forgetting that leeds always come after us. That's a good thing when we have a free flowing forward line but with only Rashford showing any consistency all season it was always going to be tough.

Fred played a shocker and starting our only in form attacker out of position was a big miscalculation

Chief123

That was Casemiro’s best game tonight. Night and day difference when he doesn’t play. It’s literally a countdown for when he’s back.

CloneMC16

Midfield was wide open without him. Defensive transitions were a nightmare the whole game. It is obvious to see how much quality he has brought to the team. He is an idiot for getting sent off. That is going to massively feck us. Hopefully we're still in the top 4 when he returns.

A-man

It was the worst days of ole ball for long periods tonight. We would have lost if it was slabhead and lindelof they had a free run at.

When everyone said the red card came at a good time they were forgetting that leeds always come after us. That's a good thing when we have a free flowing forward line but with only Rashford showing any consistency all season it was always going to be tough.

Fred played a shocker and starting our only in form attacker out of position was a big miscalculation
Yes our CBs got pretty exposed tonight, good work by Leeds. Martinez tried to step up at some occasions but got overplayed every time, and Varane,,, looked like he just had a poor night but I think it was a combo of no Casemiro and Leeds coming at us at full speed and with high intensity that made him look poor.
To be fair, this is the weak midfield Maguire-Lindelof and also Varane have played for several seasons now and tonight we saw how difficult that is. The forwards get free runs against the CBs again and again.

Strats

Do completely understand now why ETH uses him and Eriksen as much as he does.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Is there a team more reliant on a single player in the league? In Europe even.

It's a bit pathetic how hopelessly lost we look without him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We did miss him, but people are putting the performance solely down to missing him which imo isn’t true. We had 5/6 players out and it limited our options, especially in midfield. I think if everyone could’ve played but Casemiro we still would have won.

Mr PG

Both bookings were so needless. No need for the scissors tackle on Zaha and the neck incident of all places to grab someone…

erikcred

We just seem to lack maturity when he's not on the field. Everything is just a complete mess.
Considering that we're without him because of his actions on the field and not because of some injury, I think he deserves a bit of the "immaturity" blame too. Maybe he's trying too hard to impress.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Dread to think where our season would be without him. He's easily our most important player in setting our tempo/dominance in games. Need him back, reckon we'll drop further points before the end of his suspension.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We did miss him, but people are putting the performance solely down to missing him which imo isn’t true. We had 5/6 players out and it limited our options, especially in midfield. I think if everyone could’ve played but Casemiro we still would have won.
We created enough chances yesterday, certainly on the same level as usual (although quick transitions were missing).
But our midfield was leaky as feck, Leeds players constantly running at our back 4. This game was too intense for Eriksen, I'm pretty sure it would be very difficult for him there. Antony would've helped a lot defensively.
But Casemiro is just as important as Rashford in this team. I couldn't believe how confident were people before this game.

Oranges038

We created enough chances yesterday, certainly on the same level as usual (although quick transitions were missing).
But our midfield was leaky as feck, Leeds players constantly running at our back 4. This game was too intense for Eriksen, I'm pretty sure it would be very difficult for him there. Antony would've helped a lot defensively.
But Casemiro is just as important as Rashford in this team. I couldn't believe how confident were people before this game.
It always is when either Fred or McT are playing. They are both headless chickens with no positional discipline.

Casemeiro was badly missed.

GueRed

Yes

Casemiro (and Eriksen) have transformed the team..

The importance of Casemiro screening the centre-backs has been underrated and overlooked by a lot fans this season.

Until now i feel...

Raven

Yes

The importance of Casemiro screening the centre-backs has been underrated and overlooked by a lot fans this season.

Until now i feel...
Yeah, a lot of people complain about him having poor games because his passing is off here and there but seem to overlook his defensive contributions.

julianfr

Both bookings were so needless. No need for the scissors tackle on Zaha and the neck incident of all places to grab someone…
Yeah this is what worries me about him. He's a bit of a hothead. That's his biggest flaw in my eyes.

A-man

Yes

Until now i feel...
Agree. As we saw yesterday and have seen last seasons, it’s a hopeless task for the centre backs to defend when they always have to face forwards coming at them 1v1 or 2v2 at full speed. A player like Maguire really struggled with that and I think that’s also one big reason why he performs so much better in the NT compared to how he performed at United pre-Casemiro.

Casemiro is also excellent at positioning when our back line has the ball, he is often available for a pass through their press. This is another area where we struggled yesterday. (Should mention however that I was very impressed by the way Leeds pressed us).

Red00012

4 games out and absolutely no need for it . 7 points dropped since he’s got that needless yellow

Tony247

So basically we need two Casemiros if we even remotely want to challenge for titles. Because shit can happen and one can get suspended or injured.

Abhinav

He is an amazing player and his absence will always be felt. Our problem though is that we don’t have anyone with remotely close to his style and skills in our squad. Fred, McT are not capable to play the role he plays and their qualities (or lack of) are better suited in a box to box role. We need a back-up next season so that we don’t completely look porous when he is missing.

Stacks

his suspensions will cost us due to lack of depth. we were on a nice little run in the league and he has missed 2 games recently with us dropping 5 points in them. Just backs up how vital CM is and delusional we have been in trying to get to the top with no actual top CM. Even Real partnered him with Modric and Kroos and now have the 2 French kids

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Guy has some passion alright, looks like he would fight a bear at times, and probably shit the feck out of said bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.