Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If we got 2 more good seasons out of him, I'd consider it a good signing. It depends what we win in that time I guess.

After that he'll be 33/34 so might only have a year left.
If we win PL title next year with him in this form then it is money well spent already.
But i think that he will play until 35 on this level

crossy1686

career ending
If we got 2 more good seasons out of him, I'd consider it a good signing. It depends what we win in that time I guess.

After that he'll be 33/34 so might only have a year left.
Look at Modric, Kroos, Scholes, Carrick, Pirlo, even Keane if it hadn't been for his hip injury. Elite midfielders can play a lot longer than your average midfielder, they just drop deeper and make more time on the ball for themselves while improving their positioning.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Look at Modric, Kroos, Scholes, Carrick, Pirlo, even Keane if it hadn't been for his hip injury. Elite midfielders can play a lot longer than your average midfielder, they just drop deeper and make more time on the ball for themselves while improving their positioning.
Imo, regarding longevity it is:
Gk》defensive midfielders》central midfielders》central defenders》full backs》attacking midfielders》 strikers》wingers.

Wingers at 30y already starting to decline.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Strikers actually have a great longevity. Just look at Lewandowski, Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Cavani or Suarez to name only the most famous.

crossy1686

career ending
This was really good! Thank you!

<<
Casemiro wants more and it is another line from his unveiling interview that has come to linger. “I have a lot of ambition to win,” he said. “If next year we don’t win the Premier League or the Champions League, I will be sad and angry.”
>>
This is why you pay big money. This kind of character is what we’ve been sorely missing. It’s priceless in fact, you need guys like this around if you’re going to be successful. It raises everyone’s game.

crossy1686

career ending
Imo, regarding longevity it is:
Gk》defensive midfielders》central midfielders》central defenders》full backs》attacking midfielders》 strikers》wingers.

Wingers at 30y already starting to decline.
Agree, when your game is based on pace and skill you lose it a lot quicker than players that can sit deep and have time on the ball

RuudTom83

They are no rules about footballers positions and longevity. Its purely down to the individuals and how their game can adapt as they get older.

Casemiro looks the kind of player that has many more years to give...4-5 seasons would be amazing to have him around.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah I see no reason why Casemiro won’t play at a high level until 35.

He doesn’t rely on pace but instead his fantastic ability to read the game and hold his positioning perfectly.

I’ve seen enough from him technically to know that even if his stamina levels drop he can be just as effective sitting in recycling the ball and breaking up play. Even if he loses a bit of the tenacious ball winning engine.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yeah I see no reason why Casemiro won’t play at a high level until 35.

He doesn’t rely on pace but instead his fantastic ability to read the game and hold his positioning perfectly.

I’ve seen enough from him technically to know that even if his stamina levels drop he can be just as effective sitting in recycling the ball and breaking up play. Even if he loses a bit of the tenacious ball winning engine.
Modric is still bossing it at 37 and he has played in 32 matches this season (not counting world cup). We have seen it time and time again with midfielders, especially CM and DM. Giggs retired at 40, Carrick at 36, Scholes at 36 and 37, if he wanted to push it he could play until 38 maybe since he immediately bossed that midfield against City after coming out of retirement without any special preparation. 35 for Casemiro sounds realistic with all the advancements we have today.

TheReligion

Abusive
Modric is still bossing it at 37 and he has played in 30 matches this season. We have seen it time and time again with midfielders, especially CM and DM. Giggs retired at 40, Carrick at 36, Scholes at 36 and 37, if he wanted to push it he could play until 38 maybe since he immediately bossed that midfield against City after coming out of retirement without any special preparation. 35 for Casemiro sounds realistic with all the advancements we have today.
Agreed. The top players can do it and adapt to the change.

Added to the fact Casemiro keeps himself very fit and is a professor of the game it bodes well we can get another 5-6 years from him providing he wants to continue.

next_number_seven

Modric is still bossing it at 37 and he has played in 32 matches this season (not counting world cup). We have seen it time and time again with midfielders, especially CM and DM. Giggs retired at 40, Carrick at 36, Scholes at 36 and 37, if he wanted to push it he could play until 38 maybe since he immediately bossed that midfield against City after coming out of retirement without any special preparation. 35 for Casemiro sounds realistic with all the advancements we have today.
Those examples are rake thin. Casemiro carries a bit of timber.

When we signed him, I said if we got 3 good seasons out of him, I'd be happy. Anything after that is a bonus.

If he's still doing the business at 36, then it's a great signing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Those examples are rake thin. Casemiro carries a bit of timber.

When we signed him, I said if we got 3 good seasons out of him, I'd be happy. Anything after that is a bonus.

If he's still doing the business at 36, then it's a great signing.
Well there are more examples:
Totti played until 40 and that's because he fell out with Luciano Spalletti, could have played more games
Zidane until 34 but I'd say it was too early. He was great in the World Cup
Del Piero until 38 (not counting Sydney FC)
Beckham until 37 (counting PSG but not MLS)
Lampard until 36 (not counting City and onwards)
Iniesta until 34
Xavi until 34 or 35 (not counting Qatar)
Steven Amadeus Gerrard until 36

And there are many more but those are from the top of my head. But yeah if we can get 3 years that'd already be great, more is better though

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Speaking of age, he's the same age as Lingard.

My mind was blown when I found this out.
I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before on here but Lingard saying that Noble “took him under his wing and taught him so much” when he had his loan there will never not be funny.

Lingard at the time being a fraction younger than Cantona was when he retired after taking an entire club under his wing.

Olecurls99

Busquets is 34 and still fantastic. Fingers crossed. Love him and his slide tackles

Bailly with an edge

jesperjaap

All good examples but just as many that players that peak at a certain age and then reaqlly decline. I mean look at Matic here, not putting him as an eilte midfielder, but he was really good here the first 18months or so and the only player able to offer protection for Pobas flaws defensively.....then he rapidly declined.

ALso not many of those midfielders you mention are really defensively minded players that really get stuck in. I mean Carrick was a defensive midfielder but all about positioning, actually think by far his best football for us was when he turned 30.

None of us know how long Casemeiro will keep playing to the standard he has here in his first season. Could be one more year or several. It is a lot of money to spend on a player of his age, but none of us are complaining so far. Having grown up watching Bryan Robson, then Ince and Keane, its just great to finally see a central midfielder here who is at that elvel, as it has been a very long time

tomaldinho1

I have no idea what RM were thinking letting this guy go. He's a beast.
They didn’t want to but I think given his service/success there they didn’t cause issues. Something in the sauce at Real, Modric still elite and he’s about 50.

BlahRules

All good examples but just as many that players that peak at a certain age and then reaqlly decline. I mean look at Matic here, not putting him as an eilte midfielder, but he was really good here the first 18months or so and the only player able to offer protection for Pobas flaws defensively.....then he rapidly declined.
Matic was already on the decline when he was at Chelsea. We only signed him because Mourinho wanted loyal players in his dressing room; we should have signed Fabinhno. Further, we never had a proper structure, most of the time he had to hold the midfield on his own.

jesperjaap

Matic was already on the decline when he was at Chelsea. We only signed him because Mourinho wanted loyal players in his dressing room; we should have signed Fabinhno. Further, we never had a proper structure, most of the time he had to hold the midfield on his own.
Come on, he was a victim of CHelsea throwing money at shiny new faces and Kante was taking his position as well. He wasnt in decline at all, he covered Pogba really well when he first came. I wasnt excited about him as a signing at the time either, just because I never thought he was that great at CHelsea but he did rally well here for a godo 18months, so whether he was your choice of signing or not, which I understand as he wasnt mine either....I cant agree with him being in decline when he came at all.

Ive never thought Fabonho was that special personally and yes he did very well at Liverpool until this season but never seen him as one of the best dm in the world as so many seem to. The likes of Rodri, Casemeiro for example I think are on a different level to him, not sure he would have done any better than Matic myself in the short term, obviously woul dhave given us more than Matic once his legs went, we will never know.

Do agree he had to hold the midfield on his own and I think he did that very well for a period covering Pogba especially. FInd it strange so many laud Herrera and are quite negative on Matic, well not strange think its a personality thing....but for me the reality is Matic played at a good level far longer than Herrera who really on played well for 5months despite giving his all while here, Matic was comfortably the better player

432JuanMata

Our best and most importantly biggest signing since RVP he is just immense. Big game player with an elite mentality

MetoTTT

When he said to Sabitzer kind of no need to be that low on the pitch, go higher. It's ok. :D

mu4c_20le

Our best and most importantly biggest signing since RVP he is just immense. Big game player with an elite mentality
As class as he was, RVP only lasted one season. This is our most important signing since a young lad named Keane.

432JuanMata

As class as he was, RVP only lasted one season. This is our most important signing since a young lad named Keane.
I should of said nobody has had an impact on our team since RVP that season. He literally holds us together we actually paid 60m for a 30 year old and still robbed Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.