Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I don't understand how that is a demand Casemiro placed. Bruno does this a lot regardless of Casemiro being around him.
Exactly :lol:

This was more casemiro praising bruno for his perseverance.

Anyway, back to real matters, i'm surprised how good he is at attacking the ball from freekicks. His head is like a magnet!

Olecurls99

Anyway, back to real matters, i'm surprised how good he is at attacking the ball from freekicks. His head is like a magnet!
It's been a while. I've hated the past few years watching top team players attacking crosses and knowing we don't have anyone like that. Another reason why I love this man.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

AKA - Team plays better and concedes less goals when they have the best defensive midfielder in the world playing.

ShinjiNinja26

Absolutely immense player! He’s single-handedly dragged this team up another level. Which means it’s vitally important we sign another quality midfielder in the summer to take a bit of the pressure off him. He’s almost become to important for us in a sense and losing him for any length of time could completely derail our season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Weren't 2 out of the 3 'Without Casemiro' losses before he joined??
No, one is City (where he came on with half hour to go), one was Sociedad (dodgy pen) and the last one was Villa (new manager bounce bollocks).

Traub

No, one is City (where he came on with half hour to go), one was Sociedad (dodgy pen) and the last one was Villa (new manager bounce bollocks).
Ahh ok you have a good memory, and I guess it also helps that we haven't lost a lot of games this season.

Lee565

He's putting our central defenders to shame in this area of the game, martinez can get slight pass though because of his height

Big Ray

He's putting our central defenders to shame in this area of the game, martinez can get slight pass though because of his height
Nonsense. Our defence atm is one of the tightest in the league. Helped by Casemiro of course but all of back four can deal with the ball excellently I’m their own right.

Lee565

Nonsense. Our defence atm is one of the tightest in the league. Helped by Casemiro of course but all of back four can deal with the ball excellently I’m their own right.
I am talking about in the sense of attacking freekick and corners, casemiro has become our biggest threat from set pieces now

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
To be fair, he’s looking twice the player now than he did at Madrid in his last couple of seasons. I thought he looked on his way down, but he’s arguably the best midfielder in the league at the moment.

Lee565

Outside of cantona he feels like the most influential signing we have made in the premier league era

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wonder how many games all 3 have played. Feels like a lot, but then it doesn't seem possible to have played so many games together and no goals
We conceded a 1 pen and a free kick. They've been together for 8 games

next_number_seven

That's your metric? Ridiculous.
Somebody said "Casemiro is our most influential signing in PL era besides Cantona".

Keane and Rooney were more influential than both of them.

Cantona knitted together the team and scored important goals, but he was just here for 5 seasons.

We had Keane and Rooney for 13 seasons each.

lex talionis

Outside of cantona he feels like the most influential signing we have made in the premier league era
Definitely Keane and Rooney, then Ronaldo, stand higher than Casemiro as an influential signing (one could argue Carrick, who strangely got little appreciation on the caf at the time) as well in the PL era, but the point is well taken.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Definitely Keane and Rooney, then Ronaldo, stand higher than Casemiro as an influential signing (one could argue Carrick, who strangely got little appreciation on the caf at the time) as well in the PL era, but the point is well taken.
Rooney was a kid. His influence only started about 3 seasons later. He was pretty inconsistent to begin with.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Massive game for him tomorrow. Liverpool's midfield is obviously weak this season so it will be an opportunity for him to dominate.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Somebody said "Casemiro is our most influential signing in PL era besides Cantona".

Keane and Rooney were more influential than both of them.

Cantona knitted together the team and scored important goals, but he was just here for 5 seasons.

We had Keane and Rooney for 13 seasons each.
For me, influence is the effect a player has on the rest of the team. Longevity has a role but it's not an important element overall. Time naturally erodes the importance of longevity when it comes to influence.

Cantona help turn a team into League Champions in his first season. He also inspired other players to put in more work to be the best and continue that success. That's enormous for United because it inspire the club to greater things.

Keane came into a winning team and helped ensure that a certain standard was kept and for a very long time. Highly influential of course but did he instill those values when he joined or did he simply pick up the standard after Cantona retired (arguably raising it)?

Rooney came into a winning team as a great young talent. We won things and did well as we had been doing. He never reached his full potential, often demostrated a complete absence of professionalism off-field and accused the club of lacking ambition but was happy to stay for more money. With that last bit, he might actually have influenced us to become shit for ten years although I love him, I really do.

Casemiro is way to early to call of course but he is surely having more visible influence on the culture and work ethic at the club than any new signing we've seen in a long time. That's why the comparisons with Cantona are coming up.

Greck

AKA - Team plays better and concedes less goals when they have the best defensive midfielder in the world playing.
One of the few times this stat isn't selectively sampled garbage. It even shows on the pitch. Signing him was our VVD watershed moment. Our managers threw away the last 3-5 years dismissing how impactful a DM signing could really be. My goodness the difference is shocking. We need to prioritize a Casemiro partner because the drop off when he doesn't play is unbearable. The team at least still hums when anyone else is out.

croadyman

One of the few times this stat isn't selectively sampled garbage. It even shows on the pitch. Signing him was our VVD watershed moment. Our managers threw away the last 3-5 years dismissing how impactful a DM signing could really be. My goodness the difference is shocking. We need to prioritize a Casemiro partner because the drop off when he doesn't play is unbearable. The team at least still hums when anyone else is out.
Could Sabitzer partner him IF we have to make choice between spending big on a CM or ST in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.