Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Assuming we qualify for the next EL round (which looks very likely) i guess there are some EL games he could play inbetween those fixtures he'll miss?
Yep. The only positive is that he will be fully fit for the 3 Euro games in between (assuming we don't somehow throw a 4-1 lead away).

Irony is that he'd have been nailed on for a rest in the return leg of that one!

JuriM

They are either both red or both yellow - you can't have one another.

DownRiver

If we don’t get top 4, it will because of him. Also, this is a serious possibility after all our hard work. If he did not miss three games plus another four, we would be title contenders. Now we are facing the top 4 battle.

CM

The fact he'll have to serve a 4 game ban for that is madness. I don't think any player would've ever served a harsher 7 game ban across a season

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least he gets rest for the cups right...

Honestly I think that red is harsh as feck. He gets the ball but his foot bounces off the ball to the side and casemiro doesn't follow through. It's a 60/40 call, which for me is 60 on the "not a red" side. Anyway. It is what it is. The way he plays, like Keane, leads to reds sometimes.
Cup. Singular.
The other 3 will be league games.

Abraxas

An idiot I am afraid. No other word to describe making the same mistake twice and costing us points, with potentially more to come. Totally inexcusable for a player that has been around the block.

matys

Suspended for 3 games after the first red card, now another 4, plus one against Arse after cumulating too many yellows. This is ridiculous

Unavailable almost for quarter of the PL games because of his stupid behaviour

Eric_the_Red99

When he is on, he is great.

But boooooyyyyyy when he is off his game, whole team feels it.
Sadly his form has dipped lately, so even when he's been on the pitch he hasn't been great. It's not like he was bossing things before his red card today.

And continual loose passing and reckless tackling will catch up with any player eventually, no matter how high their ceiling is.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The fact he'll have to serve a 4 game ban for that is madness. I don't think any player would've ever served a harsher 7 game ban across a season
A lot of people moaning about him as if he's repeatedly reckless. Ignoring that the 2 reds were about as different as they could be.

Kag

The tackle was unlucky.

It’s obviously a massive ballache that he’s had these red cards, but the first one was ridiculous and the one today was just bad luck.

The players coming in for him need to step up.

BerryBerryShrew

It was a freak red- 99.9% of the time it would have been a perfect challenge but on this occasion his studs just got caught on the ball and affected the natural follow through.

December_16

You lot need to pipe down. Both reds were bullshit, there’s an agenda against him or United. He’s a victim in all of this. Direct your negative energy elsewhere.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Cup. Singular.
The other 3 will be league games.
Ah didn't realize he misses the fa cup game. Anyway we'll be fine IMO. Fair chance we drop points vs Newcastle anyway but if we get the points in the other games and get past Fulham than whatever.

The_Midfielder

An idiot I am afraid. No other word to describe making the same mistake twice and costing us points, with potentially more to come. Totally inexcusable for a player that has been around the block.
What same mistake twice.? The first red he got against CP was not a red .. We all saw the different camera angle now ..
This one shouldn't have been overruled

C'est Moi Cantona

I've still not seen a proper explanation of why he was sent off last time, the number of players I've seen put hands on other players throats since without punishement is mad. Then today, it could have easily just been a yellow, but no mercy shown.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ah didn't realize he misses the fa cup game. Anyway we'll be fine IMO. Fair chance we drop points vs Newcastle anyway but if we get the points in the other games and get past Fulham than whatever.
At least we can have eleven men for a game again!

Some games you have to simply take what is on offer. A draw ended up being a decent result.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I really can't behind those who blame his for this red card. It's simply not a red and he shouldn't be responsible for referees doing a horrendous job.
You can't play with the assumption that refs are going to make mistakes against you, otherwise you won't be able to do anything.

spiriticon

You lot need to pipe down. Both reds were bullshit, there’s an agenda against him or United. He’s a victim in all of this. Direct your negative energy elsewhere.
It's not just the red. His passing has been wild recently.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
At least we can have eleven men for a game again!

Some games you have to simply take what is on offer. A draw ended up being a decent result.
Yep. Thought we did well as a 10 man performance. Ref fecked us even after the red to not get the win. Gave them soft fouls all day and ignored pens. One of those days.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He was unlucky. Gets the ball and his leg slides on it upwards. It’s only a red if you’re watching a still photo of it.

I was convinced it’s gonna be yellow after the VAR. cnuts

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Gives the ball away a lot and the red card was terrible.
He has been giving the ball away too much all season and we are overhyping his performances. Im worried he is decline and we are all afraid to say it.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
He got the ball and was unlucky his foot bounced up and VAR decides to show only the angle that looks bad. His first red was for an off the ball incident during a scuffle.

What is this same mistake twice nonsense?

Drainy

It was a freak red- 99.9% of the time it would have been a perfect challenge but on this occasion his studs just got caught on the ball and affected the natural follow through.
yes, its the opponent having a planted foot that makes the challenge appear worse than what it actually otherwise would have been. They both get to the ball within a split second of each other and the ball being trapped bounces his foot up.

Completely unintentional with no attempt to apply excessive force. There are plenty of worse tackles that go unpunished but the planted foot of the opponent is an opportunity for refs to give a red, if we're being overly kind to the officials.

Abraxas

For those so convinced this is luck, a wild sequence of events or coincidence, it's pretty interesting to think that some players don't get a red in a career and this lad manages to find himself on the end of two in a matter of weeks alongside a suspension for collecting yellows. Luck indeed.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Martínez has been out best signing. Not much between him and Casameiro but at least Martínez can be relied on. Casameiro's last of discipline has cost us many points

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's looking leggy at the minute, the break will probably actually help him.

Still, bloody annoying.

Likely we'll be out of the FA Cup by the time he gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.