Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

He hasn't found his form, he had been paying well since he came back but with Martinez and Varane getting injured he has had to modify his game for us and be more defensive
Nah not having that, he was having 70% pass completion, losing the ball in dangerous positions, and failing his tackles because he went in half heartedly, that’s plain bad form, nothing to do with ‘being more defensive’.

Lyng

Nah not having that, he was having 70% pass completion, losing the ball in dangerous positions, and failing his tackles because he went in half heartedly, that’s plain bad form, nothing to do with ‘being more defensive’.
Yeah, he is at his best when playing all the time. Breaks from suspensions really hurt his form. It was the same after the last supension and at the beginning of the season. Once he gets a run of games, thankfully, he turns in to world class Casemiro.

Strelok

Not back to his best yet but much much better. So turned out it's true like many said here he needs to play regularly to maintain his top form.

Jules_T

We overcame a tricky fixture against an in-form team because Casemiro played closer to his peak-form. We looked better all round. Lots of chances created.

Brighton 1:0 Man Utd

BerryBerryShrew

Considering he is a DM all time great, I'm astonished at how poor he is at controlling himself when he is on a yellow. You'd think that would be second nature but he made a clear yellow card challenge when he was already booked out there. Lucky boy.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lucky to stay on. Big step back after a good weekend.

M Bison

Supports
York City
On the edge of getting fed up with him, was poor and should have been sent off, again! I can’t get over why/how someone with so much experience dives in and goes to ground so often, baffles me.

Idxomer

He's overrated as hell, Matic was even better for us in his first season.

Modric and Kroos hid his weaknesses for years.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Our midfield is constantly poorly organised. He seems very good as a lone DM and doing his job, which is all what was required at RM anyway.

He will need far more help here.

And he is very brainless a lot of the time.

Rockets Redglare

He was poor but I don’t think it helps when he has those two clowns in midfield with him. We may as well have been playing a 4-1-3.

led_scholes

Non of the challenges were worthy of a second yellow.

He was really good. Apart from the defense, only him and Bruno were good actually.

el3mel

He has been a disaster these last 2 months and it's really not getting any better.

Let's just hope this is a simple period of poor form because otherwise we're fecked.

FerociousCorgis

He was absolute shit again. And honestly lucky to still be on, that could have easily been a second yellow on that tackle. Passing was just a disaster too. Needs a proper playmaker deep midfielder to help him out and allow him to keep it easy.

Sylar

Should stop sliding for no reason.
It's really bizarre. He gets one which is fine I guess, but once on a yellow doing that is ridiculous. Especially for somebody with so much experience

FerociousCorgis

Non of the challenges were worthy of a second yellow.

He was really good. Apart from the defense, only him and Bruno were good actually.
a player was lining up a shot in a dangerous position and he slid in from behind and was nowhere near the ball. Easily couldve seen yellow for that and been sent off.

led_scholes

a player was lining up a shot in a dangerous position and he slid in from behind and was nowhere near the ball. Easily couldve seen yellow for that and been sent off.
He was one inch away from the ball. It would be an extremely harsh yellow.

Idxomer

69% passing accuracy, worse than any of our outfield players. Bruno misplaced 7 passes less than him ffs.

That's the guy at the base of the midfield.

Malone_Post

He’s going to age horrifically. He already looks a step or two behind the speed of the PL. Another Matic situation, except we paid £70 million for this one.

We never, ever, fecking learn.

CloneMC16

Worst player on the pitch for me. Gave the ball away so many times trying no look passes. Braindead stuff. Should have been sent off as well. I don't understand why he's trying dangerous tackles when he's on a yellow. He did it a couple times.

Superunknown

I can't help but think he'll just get sent off every game now. Right now, he's a huge liability. Gutted at how far he's dropped off in such a short space of time.

RepardReece

I fully agree with the post. The original that is. He's bog standard and slow.
You do you, if we had McFred playing double pivot today there ahead of Cas we lose 3-0, or more. Defensively he did so much right today, you just only see the negatives. Gives you that dopamine hit, and that's okay. His passing was astray though.

Lecland07

On the edge of getting fed up with him, was poor and should have been sent off, again! I can’t get over why/how someone with so much experience dives in and goes to ground so often, baffles me.
No, he shouldn't have. None of those challenges afterwards were worthy of yellow cards.

He rushes some passes, which is an issue. We do need some players calm in possession around the side. Shaw not being on the left is an issue with the lack of Martinez in the backline. We need someone like that for the midfield to play next to him.

Kopral Jono

One of our best players tonight. Niggly fouling aside (not the best idea given his reputation with Premier League refs) he made very important tackles and interceptions. That second half would have been a bloodbath without him.

NZT-One

Starting to worry that his very good few months at the start were a bit of a purple patch. He still has a great skillset but he seems to be out of form for at least 6 or 7 games now. Probably not used to the level of chaos around him and the speed in the league as well. Shouldn't be to harsh though after a Brighton game, they are fantastically set up and play really well. Not many teams will come out looking good against them.

Idxomer

One of our best players tonight. Niggly fouling aside (not the best idea given his reputation with Premier League refs) he made very important tackles and interceptions. That second half would have been a bloodbath without him.
If he doesn't turn over the ball as much as does, maybe he won't have to make so many tackles. There are still so many instances when he gets outmuscled and fails to get the ball anyway.

Jev

No, he shouldn't have. None of those challenges afterwards were worthy of yellow cards.
He slide-tackled a player in a shooting position from behind without touching the ball, after first trying to pull him down by his arm. He was lucky to stay on the pitch, and it was an incredibly stupid thing to do from such an experienced player.

BorisManUtd

Scared to watch him play since those red cards few months ago + so many misplaced passes he makes.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's got an untouchable status here same way Bruno got himself one after his purple patch in the first season but players should be criticised when they play shit ad this is another shit game from him. He had some good tackles in the second half and I can't still imagine our team without him atm, but come on, don't los e the ball in midfield so easily, keep it simple too when needed, don't get dribbled too easily at times. don't get send off...

We really need a young aggressive understudy who is already capable of starting to push Casemiro because I think he's a bit too laid back and with a team low on confidence when it comes to passing from midfield he likes to step up but most often than not he gets caught in the PL tempo.. there is no way to play on 80-90% at times..

Status
Not open for further replies.