Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorio

I think he did Ok - and while he rushed a number of passes and turned them over to Brighton on a number of occasions, I do expect that when he's up against lively, pacey, skillful youngsters running around him, he'll need some help, in whatever form he is in

A-man

Had a poor game where he both missed tackles and was reckless. Close to a red card. However he was great just 4 days ago so I assume he was just tired.

Ekeke

Overworked. Tired from carrying us too much this season. But also not someone we can rely on not to get sent off... Certainly on a downhill trajectory after being our best player earlier in the season

jasveron

I don't think he was as bad as some of you made him out to be. Overall, his performance was okay, but his recklessness and lack of awareness regarding bookings did worry me.

dogwithabone

I think he’s been bang average for the past 3 months. Another one who‘s performances have never recovered from the bashing at Anfield.

Real Name

I don't think he was as bad as some of you made him out to be. Overall, his performance was okay, but his recklessness and lack of awareness regarding bookings did worry me.
Of course. Redcafe tends to exaggarate on most things.

ForeverRed1

Sunday people were saying he is the best of the best and incredible and today he’s terrible. So reactionary. We’re drawing out the end of the campaign on the back of an absolutely mental World Cup season. We have played more games than anyone which is mentally draining aswell as physically. We all know we’re flagging and going to wimper over the top 4 finish line, if at all. Let’s give it another summer transfer window and see who we sign to partner him in midfield. Next season should be less cramped in and hopefully we can rotate better also. 100% deserves another season, he has at times been our best player. There’s still mileage in this guy.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
CDM need cover and he gets none. We leave him exposed whilst everyone is running around in front of him clueless.
Put any other CDM in that position today our CD gets battered.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
CDM need cover and he gets none. We leave him exposed whilst everyone is running around in front of him clueless.
Put any other CDM in that position today our CD gets battered.
It's partly why our midfield was even worse when Sabitzer came on. He was nowhere near Casemiro most of the time.

That said, I think Casemiro was okay defensively yesterday, but on the ball he was a let down yet again. He's often in too much of a rush to pass first time and scuffs it. It's one thing when Fernandes is doing that in an advanced position, but it's unacceptable when it's your defensive midfielder and losing possession leaves your fullbacks out of position.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
It's partly why our midfield was even worse when Sabitzer came on. He was nowhere near Casemiro most of the time.

That said, I think Casemiro was okay defensively yesterday, but on the ball he was a let down yet again. He's often in too much of a rush to pass first time and scuffs it. It's one thing when Fernandes is doing that in an advanced position, but it's unacceptable when it's your defensive midfielder and losing possession leaves your fullbacks out of position.
Yeah his passing game is unacceptable for a player at this level, too wayward for me.

youngrell

Walked a tightrope, especially with Marriner as ref, but he made some crucial tackles and interceptions.

Passing is always going to be slightly worse when he doesn’t have Eriksen and Martínez to help in that regard and is expected to carry the burden alone.

On another night, those sweeping first time passes find Rashford etc and we have opened up the opposition defence instantly.

Lecland07

Let's just say if we spent the Antony money on Rice I think we'd be a much more compact team.
I was more referring to risk of getting two players from relegation-level sides, but I do agree that one of the would help. And the Antony money could have been spent better.

West Ham 1:0 Man Utd

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
When’s his suspension over? Really good do with him back for the last few games!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Just terrible tonight. 70m and he produces nothing.

He has gone missing since the start of Feb.

Red Rash

Surprised people are going in on him. Not at his best but definitely not the worst culprit today.

klayton88

We've been had here. He's been consistently 5 yards off the pace all season. He's not good enough for the prem at this stage of his career.

Rockets Redglare

We've been had here. He's been consistently 5 yards off the pace all season. He's not good enough for the prem at this stage of his career.
That is just absolute bollocks. He’s been poor recently but until his suspension he was lauded as one of the best midfielders in the league.

Castia

Not sure what happened but hes not the same player as before the suspensions.

Castia

Nah he was widely praised as one of the best mids in the PL before his recent suspensions. His first half of the season was class.

klayton88

That is just absolute bollocks. He’s been poor recently but until his suspension he was lauded as one of the best midfielders in the league.
He's had three good games calm down. Was just a huge improvement over Mcfred. Doesn't make him great.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This, rightly so as well. He was really good until recently.

Sylar

He's not been great at all since his return from suspension. We have three out of four home games so hopefully that helps him get some form.
Maybe the cup final will bring out his best?

cletus7

He’s been poor for a while now. He just needs to be dropped when underperforming and I’m sure he’ll come good. We just keep playing him.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Find it hard to criticise him today. Felt we hung him out to dry. Played a midfield 2 of him and Eriksen with Wout at 10 against a high energy team. He was very quiet, but I don’t think he was helped at all.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Remember the time we signed Matic, and he looked quality for the first while? :nervous:

Spaghetti

Mom's
He was in midfield with Eriksen and Wout, so he was always going to be up against it. Quite a comedown from Kroos and Modric.

Casemiro was far from the worst player today.

RunTheTrap

Supports
Arsenal
I said he was being overrated by some fans and got hounded for it. As much as Casemiro has improved United's midfield, I don't think Casemiro should be the midfielder you want to have the most touches on the ball. His passing can be erratic at times, and he is a hot head. He's similar to Bruno in a lot of was, and one Bruno is already too much to deal with if you want to play possession football.

Status
Not open for further replies.