Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SalfordTED

Good in the air too. I think he's one of the most well rounded "DMs" who have had great success. Better on the ball than Makelele who was better defensively.
Unfortunately another purchase of a player past his peak like like Matic

Real Madrid off loaded the aging Casemiro,, now they have the 22 year old French International Aurélien Tchouaméni

How long before Caf posters say Casemiro's legs have gone ?

Yagami

Good post resistant
A great buy (the only bad thing about it is his age, but Modric plays at top level until 36 so who knows)
he offers physicality and aerial strength, which enable us to be less reliant on playing maguire and mctominay
Modric relies on what he brings on the ball.

Casemiro relies on running around.

We've been taken for a ride. Again. Despite having a man in charge now who should know better.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
my grandma says that anyone with that many names is a con man/fraudster.

JeffFromHK

Eriksen good mentality ?? he was criticised at Inter for lack of defensive work and seeming not to care

I thought we needed De Jong who can link up with the defence to receive the ball and distribute it, as well as tackle

Drop Scott McTominay in the Real Madrid team and he will perform at least as good as Casemiro

Red Cafe posters are always going on about who a player needs to have around him, like when they were defending Pogba, lets see if Casemiro gets exposed in the fast pace of the premier league.
he averaged the highest distance covered per 90 among all 800+ players in PL in his Tottenham days in a season

Ekeke

Real Madrid off loaded the aging Casemiro,, now they have the 22 year old French International Aurélien Tchouaméni

I guess you didnt watch the supercup

Godfather

The fecking moaning on here. We just bought the net CDM in the world and will hopefully never have to endure McT again. Time to fecking celebrate

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He may be a relatively limited passer but the beauty of it is how quick he is moving it. 1-2 touches max.
Yeah, exactly. Decision made before he receives the ball. So different to McT. The weight on his passes is perfect too. Another rarity from our CMs. Obviously might have just been one freakishly good performance but still…

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The fecking moaning on here. We just bought the net CDM in the world and will hopefully never have to endure McT again. Time to fecking celebrate
Roger that! Best signing we’ve made for a while. This is a signing that should of been made like 2/3 years ago. Glad we’ve finally addressed it and now we can hopefully bring in other quality.

Greck

Ffs. Club hasn't learnt a thing.
I'm just happy we might actually be able to win a competitive game before the year runs out. But yeah this is exactly the kind of transfer we'd be dissing Woodward for. The day he lands we'll already be looking for his successor. The 70m should be going to the successor not the band aid. This was the folly of that FDJ saga.

Nights

What did Fernandinho rely on at City when he was winning multiple league titles in his 30s?
Yep it’s amazing that the two best CDMs in recent PL history (Makelele and Fernandinho) were both 30+ when they played their roles on the EPL. Fernandinho was still bossing it at 35-36.

Yet Casemiro at 30 is already over the hill.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I'm just happy we might actually be able to win a competitive game before the year runs out. But yeah this is exactly the kind of transfer we'd be dissing Woodward for. The day he lands we'll already be looking for his successor. The 70m should be going to the successor not the band aid. This was the folly of that FDJ saga.
Nah, that’s not true. The team is in free fall. This is exactly the sort of player we need right now, to save our season, then continue to stabilise the team over the next two or three years while the rebuild can continue. Which is eminently possible based on the age profile of most players in his position.

Let’s not forget that almost all the times we looked like a decent team over the last couple of years featured top performances from Matic, who is four years older than Casemiro.

Greck

Nah, that’s not true. The team is in free fall. This is exactly the sort of player we need right now, to save our season, then continue to stabilise the team over the next two or three years while the rebuild can continue. Which is eminently possible based on the age profile of most players in his position.

Let’s not forget that almost all the times we looked like a decent team over the last couple of years featured top performances from Matic, who is four years older than Casemiro.
No, that's what I said. We're not actually disagreeing ie plan better to avoid a freefall situation that needs a 70m bandaid that needs another big money successor. Plan better so you only have to spend big on the position once. Avoid the freefall crisis phase altogether. This is also why I don't get people still saying Ralf was just spamming common sense when they can see how the club is run. The guy said we should avoid all of this months ago.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
No, that's what I said. We're not actually disagreeing ie plan better to avoid a freefall situation that needs a 70m bandaid that needs another big money successor. Plan better so you only have to spend big on the position once.
Yeah, we’ve definitely made a bollox of strengthening midfield over the last several years. Fred and Casemiro will both be 30 before the end of this season. And it’s nuts we don’t have a single quality CM at the club in their early to mid 20s. But hopefully Casemiro will buy us some time to sign one.

KeanoMagicHat

All the people that are saying ‘just another Matic’ like it’s a dig, Matic is the best DM we had since Ferguson and Casemiro is a lot better than Matic. Matic was a big reason we finished 2nd in his first season. We are currently bottom of the league. Oh to be second again.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ah lads I can’t wait. Who cares that he’s 30. He’s unbelievable and instantly the best CM we have had since prime Carrick, actually maybe since prime Scholes/Keane. Exactly what we need.

Greck

Yeah, we’ve definitely made a bollox of strengthening midfield over the last several years. Fred and Casemiro will both be 30 before the end of this season. And it’s nuts we don’t have a single quality CM at the club in their early to mid 20s. But hopefully Casemiro will buy us some time to sign one.
Yeah, hopefully we can also get another midfielder so we aren't back to getting trashed when he gets injured. It's just that these last hours signings seem crazy expensive. Can't imagine doing this 2 or 3 more times. Might have to start looking at loans.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm actually intrigued to see how our back 4 performs now that they have some decent protection infront of them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

This is technically a 2022/23 performance, right? Very enjoyable watch.
I think theres always been a thing where people underappreciated a class defensive mid. Its not like they do anything "phenomenal", technically they are decent but they just know where to be and a lot of it is mentality based. So they just wonder "why can't somebody else do this"? I think even many coaches think the same way, that they can train someone like McTominay into the role due to his physical attributes. For me it's always just been a very rare skill, being able to play that role to a high level and not get distracted by having a run up the pitch or being adventurous when it's not your job. Just win the ball back, again and again and again, and then be efficient and quick with the ball. Its simple, yet so so difficult in reality. What we've been crying out for for years.

I think there's a clear potential succession plan for us out there though. He's 30 now, can easily be top class for 3-4 years. Declan Rice's contract expires in 3 years. West Ham will be unreasonable with their demands all the way through, so I can't see him leaving before 2024 or even just on a free. We'll see what happens, but we should be starting conversations well in advance to make that our plan. Just have to become attractive enough as a club again to lure him here.

Also - the tackle at 2:30 is amazing. Guy just bounces off of him :lol:

Lee565

Fans will be quickly disappointed if they are expecting him to have the passing range of carrick, matic or even fabinho, his role.at madrid has basically been clearing things up and then laying the ball off to modric or kroos to do their magic, problem is we don't have such midfielders and everyone will expect him to be maestro which will not happen

Olecurls99

I think theres always been a thing where people underappreciated a class defensive mid. Its not like they do anything "phenomenal", technically they are decent but they just know where to be and a lot of it is mentality based. So they just wonder "why can't somebody else do this"? I think even many coaches think the same way, that they can train someone like McTominay into the role due to his physical attributes. For me it's always just been a very rare skill, being able to play that role to a high level and not get distracted by having a run up the pitch or being adventurous when it's not your job. Just win the ball back, again and again and again, and then be efficient and quick with the ball. Its simple, yet so so difficult in reality. What we've been crying out for for years.

I think there's a clear potential succession plan for us out there though. He's 30 now, can easily be top class for 3-4 years. Declan Rice's contract expires in 3 years. West Ham will be unreasonable with their demands all the way through, so I can't see him leaving before 2024 or even just on a free. We'll see what happens, but we should be starting conversations well in advance to make that our plan. Just have to become attractive enough as a club again to lure him here.

Also - the tackle at 2:30 is amazing. Guy just bounces off of him :lol:
Please don't mention Declan Rice in the same breath as Casemiro

Fridge chutney

This is a thread I did not in a million years expect to exist.

I would have been thrilled with Rice but Casemiro is so much better!

evil_geko

Fans will be quickly disappointed if they are expecting him to have the passing range of carrick, matic or even fabinho, his role.at madrid has basically been clearing things up and then laying the ball off to modric or kroos to do their magic, problem is we don't have such midfielders and everyone will expect him to be maestro which will not happen
He is a DM, I don't think anyone is expecting that. Your post is the first one this has been mentioned even.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Modric relies on what he brings on the ball.

Casemiro relies on running around.

We've been taken for a ride. Again. Despite having a man in charge now who should know better.
He was never a fast player. He relies much more on being well positioned and using tactical fouls when the risk of being outpaced is big.
A good thing is that he is very clever at tactical fouling, making them look like soft fouls.

Lecland07

Real Madrid fans don't seem to be happy with this situation, though. It seems like this player is incredibly raw and seems to be considered to not be ready for the first team.

That player seems to be a bit overrated on here.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
This is blatantly untrue ... In his last 5 seasons he has averaged 30+ League games a season for Real Madrid. This would not happen if he was 'past his peak'.

Bobski

His aerial stats are excellent, have to think that was a factor in the purchase, especially with Lisandro and possibly off loading Maguire and MCT. Extremely likely to be tasked with being a front screen for Martinez, even if you think his issues with size have been overstated by pundits and critics teams have been playing for the second ball on the Utd left. Casmeiro will read the play far better than the options at the club.

However we could quickly be in a position were if Maguire is sold and Varane breaks down with injury we are reduced to a Lindelof-Martinez pairing and that will be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.