Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hasn’t gotten up to the pace of the game yet. He looks like he wants too much time. He’ll either learn or he’ll be an expensive failure. Based upon his CV, I presume it’ll be the former.

AmanNits04

Never knew being 30 years old is the new 70. He is new to the team, needs time to gel with his teammates, has only started one game for us. Rest have been matches where we were protecting leads. Give him atleast half a season before writing him off. Seriously, some posters here are unreal

sugar_kane

He's clearly a high calibre player, and I actually don't think this is a case of Madrid selling a player past their prime/a crock.

I just think we're trying to force him to play a type of football/position he is not built for, and it's manifesting in him looking awkward and at times just a bit shit.

Adapting to the team is a factor, but feels like a stop gap (on a 5 year contract...)

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's clearly a high calibre player, and I actually don't think this is a case of Madrid selling a player past their prime/a crock.

I just think we're trying to force him to play a type of football/position he is not built for, and it's manifesting in him looking awkward and at times just a bit shit.

Adapting to the team is a factor, but feels like a stop gap (on a 5 year contract...)
Is this a different role to what he played for Madrid? Because that would be a surprise to me.

Bwuk

Is this a different role to what he played for Madrid? Because that would be a surprise to me.
He played as a sole #6 behind Modric/Kroos and now he's playing in a 2 with Eriksen.

When Casemiro gets match fit he'll be fine.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He played as a sole #6 behind Modric/Kroos and now he's playing in a 2 with Eriksen.

When Casemiro gets match fit he'll be fine.
I see. Well I thought yesterday he will play as #6 with Eriksen and Fred as #8s ahead of him, but clearly Fred was the most advanced and playing between front line and midfield.
I do think ETH overcomplicated things vs Real.

Bwuk

I see. Well I thought yesterday he will play as #6 with Eriksen and Fred as #8s ahead of him, but clearly Fred was the most advanced and playing between front line and midfield.
I do think ETH overcomplicated things vs Real.
He just didn't change the system. We've been playing 4-2-3-1 and winning. Eriksen is best deeper, and he wanted to give Fred minutes.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

A high calibre player wont suddenly forget their basics just because they play in an awkward role (not even different position) that weren't build for him to a tee

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not just fitter. Settled in the country and league. And had more time to work with ETH, which I think is also super important.
Agree. He is in his prime years. He needs to build up muscle memories with ETH's system since he has had not pre-season with ETH.

Mike Smalling

I was there tonight about 10 rows back in N1411 and Quesadilla made a little run and put a cross in right infront of me and he looked so slow and awkward, there seems to be nothing in him even over 10 yards. His arse might rival Shaw's for biggest in the squad. If Shaw looked that big and he often did he'd be getting stick for it.
Obviously, a rubbish post, but that made me laugh :lol:

ThinkTank@Cafe

Varane was written off by the Caf. There was a reason - a whole season of underwhelming performances.

But look at him now. I don’t expect Casemiro adaptation to take a full season, let’s wait a a month at least. He will come good.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
All our new signings deserve patience, even players as good as Casemiro can take their time to adapt. Thiago took ages to find his feet at Liverpool. This team is going to take time to get used to each other learning a new system.

Fridge chutney

I had a dream last night where I was doing arts and crafts with Casemiro and he was speaking perfect English with me. This signifies that he will be an important player for us. I am not worried.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He has a very chubby face, which may give people that incorrect impression. He's extremely in shape, physically.
Makes me think of Wawrinka the tennis player, I thought "he could drop a few pounds" until I saw him shirtless. I also remember Ronaldinho at the end of his time in Barcelona who got a lot of sh*t in spain for being not fit and who lifted his shirt on purpose at the end of a game and he was ripped. Hope it's not comparable to Casemiro though because he was more than fit but his legs were gone at that point (I don't think it's the case for Casemiro).

croadyman

All our new signings deserve patience, even players as good as Casemiro can take their time to adapt. Thiago took ages to find his feet at Liverpool. This team is going to take time to get used to each other learning a new system.
Yeah a very apt comparison

Handré1990

All of you worried about Casemiro, take a deep breath. Already, even if he’s not up to speed physically, or on the same page as his team mates yet, he still passes the ball with purpose. I don’t remember the last time we had a dm who mostly tried to play one-touch forward passes. Good god, it’s really easy to see

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's barely had any game time this season so he's always going to be a bit rusty and take his time to adjust to the pace of the league.

We used to give new signings at least a year before we judged them!

Velvet Revolver

Never knew being 30 years old is the new 70. He is new to the team, needs time to gel with his teammates, has only started one game for us. Rest have been matches where we were protecting leads. Give him atleast half a season before writing him off. Seriously, some posters here are unreal
Dont you know, opinions on players are always after one good or bad game and that carries on till the day they leave this club!

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He was MotM in his last game for Madrid this year. He was an important contributor to our success last year. The overwhelming majority of Madridistas were pissed off that we sold him with no replacement, leaving our DM light once again.

THIS!
A DM needs time to understand his teammates’ runs so he can cover for them. He is still adjusting and United only have themselves to blame for buying him so late.

A great DM is one who is never noticed by the audience. Casemiro is a supporting actor, a helper, a platform for artists like Modric. His job has always been to keep things ticking over with short, safe passes in possession and to become the first line of tackling when we are out of possession. He just needs a little time to settle and assess his teammates’ playing style.
We need more people like you in this thread, to reassure posters this will be a fantastic signing for United. He did still look rusty but on the other hand there were moments I saw the clear quality he has as a DM shielding our back 4.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
We need more people like you in this thread, to reassure posters this will be a fantastic signing for United. He did still look rusty but on the other hand there were moments I saw the clear quality he has as a DM shielding our back 4.
His last paragraph is totally wrong though. When he's having a great game, Casemiro is totally noticeable and looks dominant on the pitch.

OrcaFat

I wouldn’t worry too much about his pace across the ground. I am very worried about how slow he was on the turn. He was getting absolutely rinsed by any Real player who who used even a basic trick or skill to get away from him. Which is kind of a disaster for the position he plays. That back heel nutmeg was an absolute humiliation.
That’s the kind of thing that happens to players who aren’t settled and aren’t match fit. It’s scary if we don’t think he’s going to improve, but chances are he will. He’s going to play the same position as he did at Real so, unless he’s declined physically in a dramatic way, I don’t think it’s a permanent nightmare. Worrying is part of the fun, of course.

Ekeke

Not a good start. However Varane was unimpressive last season too. Hopefully not a sign of things to come and Casemiro gets going a lot faster

poleglass red

Thiago took a while to adapt. Last night was a game in europe and he still looked of the pace. Not going to write him of just yet, Varane is the classic example of that. I think, Casemiro comes good, just need to give him a bit of time to adapt.

izec

Not surprised a panic buy is not hitting the ground running. He is a good player, but FdJ was the one our manager wanted. Feels more like a Murtough signing and having a high profile midfielder in there after the FdJ fiasco, rather than planned.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I like the look of him. He’s been very sloppy which I didn’t necessarily expect, but is hardly surprising after such a major change. But he’s shown much more vision and desire to pick out passes between the lines than I expected. Assuming the former is just a lack of sharpness, he’ll be a huge asset with the latter, combined with his obvious defensive qualities.

OrcaFat

I like the look of him. He’s been very sloppy which I didn’t necessarily expect, but is hardly surprising after such a major change. But he’s shown much more vision and desire to pick out passes between the lines than I expected. Assuming the former is just a lack of sharpness, he’ll be a huge asset with the latter, combined with his obvious defensive qualities.
Yeah I agree.

He’s smart defensively and he plays like he’s used to being the boss but he’s just lacking the match sharpness to carry it off.

RedorDead21

Thiago took a while to adapt. Last night was a game in europe and he still looked of the pace. Not going to write him of just yet, Varane is the classic example of that. I think, Casemiro comes good, just need to give him a bit of time to adapt.
Fabinho even longer seemed like a 6mth period before he became the regular in the position.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We can't afford a long time 'adapting', at 30 we need the best of him as soon as possible before it's all downhill.

Lee565

I don't get the signing, we needed a de Jong, jorginho type of deep lying playmaker to fit how I assume ten hag wants us to Play unless we are stuck with another counter attacking manager, not a defensive midfielder which has left us with just one guy to rely on midfielder to pull the strings in eriksen who isn't even a natural cm.

Last edited:

fezzerUTD

He wasn’t a long term target. He was offered after the Rabiot fiasco timing wise, not just to us but a number of clubs. Madrid asked his agent to put some feelers out. And we bit.

Don’t ask me how I know, I just know.

Bobski

I worry that his(and many other veteran players) main focus this half of the season will be tuning up for the WC and we won't see the best of him until either late in the season or early next. Which as a personal career goal, designing this season towards peaking at the WC, perfectly understandable, but as Utd fan I hope otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.