Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Eriksen?

If you put Rashford as very good then Dalot should be there too.
Eriksen not for me, he's good but I wouldn't put him in that bracket. In the past sure, but he's definitely much less impactful on games and really his form has dropped off since his bright start IMO. Dalot if he keeps it up, but it's his first season like this.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shaw is nowhere near world class, don't be ridiculous.

Appearing few games a season when you want your place back in the team with good performances doesn't make you world class. Putting him and Casemiro in the same bracket pretty much explains itself what it means to be world class and having potential to be world class but not having the consistency or attitude to be there. He was your average fullback who was at fault for goal with his pal Maguire every week just before the summer. 2 months of good football in 2 years(which weren't world class performances anyway) doesn't make you worls class.
Shaw is 100% world class.

He was playing injured, he's not fit and he's not making those mistakes. Saying he's only been good for 2 months in 2 years is frankly wrong. He was great under Ole, he got the nickname Shawberto for a reason.

Yes last year he had a dip, but all players have them, and his was mainly due to the metal rod in his leg giving him pain (which he needed an operation to remove)

Name me a better LB right now?

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

He was playing injured, he's not fit and he's not making those mistakes. Saying he's only been good for 2 months in 2 years is frankly wrong.

Name me a better LB?
I can't believe you are serious. He was not playing injured entire last year, he was simply shite and lazy entire last year and was dropped at start of the season for a decent young player coming into a new league. And in the years before he was dropped for the likes of Telles, etc.

You do realise you are putting Casemiro and Shaw in the same class of players? Andy Robertson is better and he is not that special, let alone the likes of Davies or Cancelo.

Edit: also while you are mentioning, the year before the last, he wasn't even starter for England up until the EUROS, Chilwel was in the team ahead of him regulary, which shows that last year wasn't just the dip since he was very inconsistent back then too. One or two months of good football a year or two doesn't mean he is world class.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't believe you are serious. He was not playing injured entire last year, he was simply shite and lazy entire last year and was dropped at start of the season for a decent young player coming into a new league. And in the years before he was dropped for the likes of Telles, etc.

You do realise you are putting Casemiro and Shaw in the same class of players? Andy Robertson is better and he is not that special, let alone the likes of Davies or Cancelo.
Yes i'm serious. If you underrate him that's up to you. When he's fully fit and motivated there isn't many better for me.

Being dropped by Rangnick never actually happened btw. He was injured.

Casemiro was benched by Mctominay too if you go by that reasoning :houllier: He was rebuilding his fitness from his surgery.

Funny that as soon as he got in the team Malacia hasn't had a sniff, but ok.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

He was playing injured, he's not fit and he's not making those mistakes. Saying he's only been good for 2 months in 2 years is frankly wrong. He was great under Ole, he got the nickname Shawberto for a reason.

Yes last year he had a dip, but all players have them, and his was mainly due to the metal rod in his leg giving him pain (which he needed an operation to remove)

Name me a better LB right now?
I am defending Shaw for years now and i have very high opinion about him but he is not world class. He HAS potential to be world class but he needs to play like he is playing now couple of years in a row, not like he was doing so far in his career. Mix of everything, from awful to fantastic.

In top form he is on par with Cancelo. But he just can't keep that top form for longer period

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Casemiro has been like this throughout his career for RM. Very underrated. It's especially in the big knockout games that you see his real value. He always turns up in the big games.

Tony247

At this moment my most favourite midfielder in the world . Wouldn't swap him for anyboy.

Tony247

Casemiro has been like this throughout his career for RM. Very underrated. It's especially in the big knockout games that you see his real value. He always turns up in the big games.
He was a silent guardian at Madrid. I think leaving RM has done tremendous good to his reputation. Finally coming out of the shadows of Modric, Kroos etc. has done him wonders.

JeffFromHK

Scholes wasn’t even an undisputed starter at that point while Yorke finished 11th for that year’s Ballon d’Or (only Beckham & Keane were higher than him from United). That’s some strange revisionism.
I am talking about whether a player is world class,
simple question: do you think Scholes is a world class player? If yes, I rest my case there on your first segment of reply.

I don't think anything more than half of the football fans or coaches or journalists would agree with you that Yorke is a world class player either even in his prime. a one-year BallonD'Or ranking does not mean much. Arshavin was 6th in 2008 but he is not an undisputed world class player. Kanoute was 11th in 2007 and not many people would agree that he had ever been a world class player in his career.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I am talking about whether a player is world class,
simple question: do you think Scholes is a world class player? If yes, I rest my case there on your first segment of reply.

I don't think anything more than half of the football fans or coaches or journalists would agree with you that Yorke is a world class player either even in his prime. a one-year BallonD'Or ranking does not mean much. Arshavin was 6th in 2008 but he is not an undisputed world class player. Kanoute was 11th in 2007 and not many people would agree that he had ever been a world class player in his career.
Was Scholes world class in 1999? Nope, that’s quite clear.

Class, despite the famous saying, isn’t permanent, for example Cristiano isn’t a world class player at the moment despite him being unquestionably one of the greatest football players of all-time.

JeffFromHK

Was Scholes world class in 1999? Nope, that’s quite clear.

Class, despite the famous saying, isn’t permanent, for example Cristiano isn’t a world class player at the moment despite him being unquestionably one of the greatest football players of all-time.
no, Scholes was a great player even back in 1999, he already had all attributes for his success in his later career. Just like Xavi was already a world class player back in 2004 or 2006 though little people recognized it. I am talking the class of a player, not his status or his achievement. Otherwise weird statements like " Kanoute was world class player" would emerge.

JeffFromHK

Souness keeps making himself look more and more stupid these days.

Kinda sad to see as he was a top player in his time.
Souness is simply not doing football commentary, he is simply an ABU guy and whatever he speak is against the interest of ManUtd.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Copa America: Done
La Liga: Done
UCL: Done
Club World Cup: Done

World Cup: Pending
PL: Pending

If he wins the World Cup and also PL trophy. What a life and career he is going to have.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
can someone bring up Murphy's quotes to him about Casemiro not getting into a team with Rice available?

HookedOnAPhelan

He's just a bitter, old, senile cnut who hates United and doesn't even try to hide it. A part of me wishes at least one of our ex-player pundits was the same, just spouting negative agenda-driven shite about Liverpool players/signings constantly. I'm convinced he'd lose his shit.

DSG

For me, top 3 tiers I'd say are:
Undisputed:
  • Casemiro
  • Varane
Borderline world class
  • Martinez
  • Bruno Fernandes
Very good
  • Rashford
  • Shaw
Potential to get to very good/borderline world class:
* Antony
* Dalot (can’t believe I’m saying this as I was very critical even 6 months ago.)

I would say that if Sancho gets his head right, he can be a great player as well.

DSG

I sure hope @Yagami is watching all these games and has changed his opinion on Casemiro's press resistance abilities.
To be fair, Casemiro’s first couple games for us, he was not himself. But anyone who’d watched Real for 15-20 matches over the last few years would’ve known that he was the absolute best DM in the world. I’ve always preferred Casemiro over the other options: Kimmich, Fabinho, Kante. He’s flat out better. There are things that the others do marginally better (Kimmich, distribution; Kante, ground covered, etc.), but to me, Casemiro is always the SMARTEST player on the pitch. As much as anyone, he’s been the key performer for Real in the last run of CL titles.

great article on Casemiro in ESPN today: https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wo...asemiro-is-essential-to-their-world-cup-hopes

PoTMS

Let him get rest now before the 27th. No stupid third place playoff to play either.

stoinz

It must be a crushing blow for him. Brazil were favorites to win it. Must be his, Thiago and Neymar's last world cup. I hope he doesn't come back demoralized. We need him for top four.

Apokalips

It must be a crushing blow for him. Brazil were favorites to win it. Must be his, Thiago and Neymar's last world cup. I hope he doesn't come back demoralized. We need him for top four.
I don't see why Neymar and Casemiro couldn't realistically play in a WC at 34 years old. See Modric and Messi, etc.

acnumber9

He was a one man Brazil midfield up against a strong Croatian midfield. Paqueta was zero help in any phase of the game.

TheReligion

Abusive
If you know anything about the professionalism and drive of Casemiro it’s more likely he’ll be even more determined.

Kelly15

What a player. What a penalty. Can't believe he is ours. Truly a world class player. His does it all doesn't he. His passing, his tackling. He even scored a brillant goal. Amazing player. We needed a player like him after Keano left. Only took us what 17 or so years.

BorisManUtd

It's a shame for Brazil but at least Casemiro will get some rest before our season restarts. Him being ready is crucial for us.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
He had an impossible job up against Modric and two very good, experienced midfielders. Still did decently well, and scored a good penalty.

MDFC Manager

Massive shame for him, now has to play alongside some utter rubbish midfielders for both club and country.

Status
Not open for further replies.