Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

Now let’s get Frenkie to play alongside him. This five time CL winner deserves a top class midfielder to partner him while still in his prime now. Don’t wait till he’s 33 then do it

Giggsy13

I know there is a language barrier but apparently he is taking English lessons. More than Bruno I think Casemiro should eventually wear the captain’s armband.

croadyman

Now let’s get Frenkie to play alongside him. This five time CL winner deserves a top class midfielder to partner him while still in his prime now. Don’t wait till he’s 33 then do it
Only IF he shows those guts to leave which clearly were missing last year,said it earlier we knock them out of Europa and get top 4 then surely he gives it serious consideration

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Just saw a compilation of his match, I think he might be the best passer at this club. And we have a few great ones. Just ridiculous.

Early days but he might be the best midfielder I've seen at this club. How do you guys think he compares to Scholes/Keane.

Gordon S

Just saw a compilation of his match, I think he might be the best passer at this club. And we have a few great ones. Just ridiculous.

Early days but he might be the best midfielder I've seen at this club. How do you guys think he compares to Scholes/Keane.
Yes, finally we have a midfielder again that can move the ball around like Carrick did.
It really makes a world of difference to our football.

Miss the classy bastard

Kostov

I feel so bad for doubting this guy for a second. He is a beast of a player. We just need to find a formula to stop him getting old.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The "since Casemiro became a starter" table looks pretty great for us, both in underlying stats and actual table.
  • 10 games, 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss - 23 points (only Newcastle has more over this run with 24, impressively)
  • 16 goals scored (meh), 6 conceded (tied 2nd with Arsenal)
  • 18.89 xG (just 2 fewer than Liverpool who are top), 8.04 xGA (just 0.5 more than Arsenal who are top, but have a game fewer)
  • 20.99xPts, which is top of the league over this period (1.1 more than Arsenal who have a game fewer)
So basically, since Casemiro has come in, we've been the best defensive side in the league, and have had the best overall performances/deserved the most points... Not bad.

angak

100% he should captain as soon as he can string two sentences together in English.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Alpha men dont get along well with *****. Thats all I can say.

Orion.

Actually it was Pep who said Carrick was one of the best midfielders he'd seen, and on the same level as Alonso and Busquets.

I've also never heard of anyone comparing him to Barry.....not even City fans
Capello preferred Barry

Barry fit in comfortably alongside David Silva and Yaya Toure for 3 years, could play intricate football with them and did such a good job anchoring the midfield at City that it only became apparent how lazy Toure was once Barry left.

Carrick was a very good player for United but was generally regarded as one of the players in that era who needed to be upgraded.

Casemiro is an absolutely elite footballer who would start for any team in the world - you can’t rationally compare them.

Kag

Capello preferred Barry

Barry fit in comfortably alongside David Silva and Yaya Toure for 3 years, could play intricate football with them and did such a good job anchoring the midfield at City that it only became apparent how lazy Toure was once Barry left.

Carrick was a very good player for United but was generally regarded as one of the players in that era who needed to be upgraded.

Casemiro is an absolutely elite footballer who would start for any team in the world - you can’t rationally compare them.
This is correct. United supporters have elevated Carrick significantly in recent years, in part due to how difficult it has been to bring in a midfielder or two that can pass a ball.

Carrick didn’t dictate games every week, which is contrary to what some folk would have you believe. For large parts of his time here (which was very good on the whole) not being able to do exactly that was one of his main criticisms.

Casemiro is on a different level altogether. He’s the best midfielder we’ve had at the club since Keane and Scholes were in their prime.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Capello preferred Barry

Honestly this is absolute bollocks.

The only time that started to happen was when he was nearing his mid-thirties. Carrick was a Rolls Royce of a player. I feel a bit sad for you if you couldn’t appreciate that at the time.

NoLogo

Until he and Eriksen joined, I had totally forgotten what it felt like having genuinely great midfield players in your team.

Imo he is one of the main factors of us doing much better this season, playing ability wise and the mentality he brings to the team.

Orion.

Honestly this is absolute bollocks.

The only time that started to happen was when he was nearing his mid-thirties. Carrick was a Rolls Royce of a player. I feel a bit sad for you if you couldn’t appreciate that at the time.
I loved him as a player, but context is essential - had Hargreaves not been crippled, Fletcher not had his illness and Anderson not been glutinous, I think Carrick’s role would have been substantially reduced. Even with all that factored in, he had spells of being out of form or even out of the team.

crossy1686

career ending
I know there is a language barrier but apparently he is taking English lessons. More than Bruno I think Casemiro should eventually wear the captain’s armband.
Has done since the day he arrived. He’s been adamant him and his family will speak English since he landed. If you want to adapt and fully integrate you have to speak the language, he’s a man that fully understands what it takes and shows every week he’s not here just for the pay.

AdNani

and to think people were doubting him, he's the best in the world.

I wouldn't take any DM over him. Genuinely one of the best to ever do it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Just had an argument/disagreement with 2 city fans at work. Casemiro vs Rodri. They think Rodri is better than Casemiro…. They’re obviously being biased and accused me of being but how can anyone say rodri is better than Casemiro? If there is any fans on here other then united and city, who you sayings better?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Just had an argument/disagreement with 2 city fans at work. Casemiro vs Rodri. They think Rodri is better than Casemiro…. They’re obviously being biased and accused me of being but how can anyone say rodri is better than Casemiro? If there is any fans on here other then united and city, who you sayings better?
Rodri is a Busquets cosplayer and you can easily argue that Casemiro is better than prime Busquets.

acnumber9

I loved him as a player, but context is essential - had Hargreaves not been crippled, Fletcher not had his illness and Anderson not been glutinous, I think Carrick’s role would have been substantially reduced. Even with all that factored in, he had spells of being out of form or even out of the team.
Even when Hargreaves was fit, Carrick played ahead of him. Hargreaves was shifted out wide multiple times and it was the only area he was actually effective for United. None of those players were ever ousting Carrick from midfield.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
There was a 3 year period after Sir Alex retired where our win percentage without Carrick was 38% and 60% with him. That's at the point he and others were winding down, mass exits, poor transfers, Moyes and Van Gaal...

The only time I ever thought he was truly out of form was the latter part of the 09/10 season and the early part of the 10/11 season.

Before and after that he just was our best and most reliable midfielder.

Casemiro obviously will finish football with the better overall career, but that doesn't make Carrick any less of a better servant to United...the 12/13 season alone was ridiculous. Practically carried our midfield whilst Scholes' was hobbling around with his right peg just about ironing out his age-related deficiencies. Not quite the same as peak Bruno and Christian Eriksen.

Ludens the Red

Capello preferred Barry

He also preferred Scott Parker. He also played Milner and Young on the wings and took Heskey to a World Cup to play up front.

Telsim

I thought he'd be past it, but I was wrong. I can see how Real Madrid won the CL so many times with him. He is insane. Is there a chant for him? If not, there should be.

romufc

The "since Casemiro became a starter" table looks pretty great for us, both in underlying stats and actual table.
  • 10 games, 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss - 23 points (only Newcastle has more over this run with 24, impressively)
  • 16 goals scored (meh), 6 conceded (tied 2nd with Arsenal)
  • 18.89 xG (just 2 fewer than Liverpool who are top), 8.04 xGA (just 0.5 more than Arsenal who are top, but have a game fewer)
  • 20.99xPts, which is top of the league over this period (1.1 more than Arsenal who have a game fewer)
So basically, since Casemiro has come in, we've been the best defensive side in the league, and have had the best overall performances/deserved the most points... Not bad.
Context needs to be put in place too.

We had played Arsenal, Liverpool, City before Casemiro got into the first team. Look at the teams we played.

Lets see in the next 2 games if the stats are the same.

croadyman

Well next Saturday they go head to head

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Context needs to be put in place too.

We had played Arsenal, Liverpool, City before Casemiro got into the first team. Look at the teams we played.

Lets see in the next 2 games if the stats are the same.
Since Casemiro has come in, we've played:
  • Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea from big teams
  • West Ham, Villa, Fulham from decent teams
  • Forest, Wolves, Bournemouth from shit teams
Basically, it's a very decent sample where it's evenly split between good/mid/poor sides. For sure, the next 2 games will say a lot, mainly if we play them even against City and Arsenal then it would be somewhat safe to say that we are not far off the top at all in terms of performance level (it's another thing to have the quality/ruthlessness to get the points required consistently)

romufc

Since Casemiro has come in, we've played:
  • Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea from big teams
  • West Ham, Villa, Fulham from decent teams
  • Forest, Wolves, Bournemouth from shit teams
Basically, it's a very decent sample where it's evenly split between good/mid/poor sides. For sure, the next 2 games will say a lot, mainly if we play them even against City and Arsenal then it would be somewhat safe to say that we are not far off the top at all in terms of performance level (it's another thing to have the quality/ruthlessness to get the points required consistently)
Yep, so from the big teams, we won 1/3.

Have a look where West Ham are in the table, they are close to sacking Moyes.

The next 2 games will tell us alot, it will show us how much we have actually improved, how far we still are from competing.

KeanoMagicHat

Some people made up their mind that when Casemiro left Real Madrid he was taking a step down to go to United and are too stubborn to admit he’s on the same level as before (he was man of the match in the Super Cup and had a good World Cup, so everything suggests he’s still world class).

Status
Not open for further replies.