Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He seems a bit overconfident at times but no problem with that in a game like that. It's quite clear that he's much more than a pure destroyer/CDM, but can dictate the paly on an occassion. That's why I think it would be good to have a palyer liek Fred and often he bossed it with him in that Brazilian midfield on the NT level, to add extra bit of bite and intensity instead of creativity of Eriksen who is not made to play the high intensity game as a CM.

Case-Fred-Bruno should be the best midfield combo atm.

arthurka

Case should be wrapped in cotton, we look lost without him. McT and Fred sent shivers down my spine..

OrcaFat

He is looking more and more like a player from the very top bracket. He adapts his game to the opposition and to the game situation.

He has a better passing range than I previously thought which is great to see. But the key thing is he knows when to use it. And positionally, he knows when he can go forward a little more and still manages to be in the right place defensively, if he needs to be.

He seems to fully understand the game as it needs to be played in order to win both in theory and on a practical level, from moment to moment, within a game as it is happening. Players like that are pretty rare and when you have one in your team - wow - the difference it makes is dramatic.

OrcaFat

He seems a bit overconfident at times but no problem with that in a game like that. It's quite clear that he's much more than a pure destroyer/CDM, but can dictate the paly on an occassion. That's why I think it would be good to have a palyer liek Fred and often he bossed it with him in that Brazilian midfield on the NT level, to add extra bit of bite and intensity instead of creativity of Eriksen who is not made to play the high intensity game as a CM.

Case-Fred-Bruno should be the best midfield combo atm.
Oh I don’t know about leaving Eriksen out. I like Fred but if we need him I’d rather play 433 with Fred and Eriksen as two no8s; and if we’re going to play Bruno as well, he’ll be False 9 as part of a fluid front 3.

I don’t like the balance of the midfield without Eriksen. I’m okay with resting him and rotating but if we’re putting out our best XI, he has to be in.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think it's that he's better, I just think that he probably plays a little different for us. He had kroos and modric at Madrid to produce the flashy stuff and didn't show off his passing range as much as he does at United..
Issue was more that he just wasn’t as good on the ball as Kroos or Modric and would often make the wrong pass. Wrong weight, wrong player, miscommunication etc. So that was frustrating moving the ball into the opposition half. Wasn’t a very big deal mind you most of the time, but certainly a thing for our play. Just wanted the ball at Kroos/Modric asap.

But at United he seems to enjoy more space and time to work with, which helps his passing as well.

One thing still missing is scoring a screamer, has that in him. Owh and absolutely destroying someone with a tackle and walking away without a card :lol:

BerryBerryShrew

I really rate Tchouameni and Camavinga, and Modric is still incredible, but I have a feeling that Real won't be in the conversation for the CL for the next few years. Imagine having a guy like Casemiro and then suddenly not having him. The team basically has to relearn how to play without him- he's like water- he just fills in the gaps that others leave.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a ridiculously good passer. Also appreciated that he was bodying Charlton players once he came on considering how thuggish they'd been all night, bet he couldn't wait to get on and give it back to them.

jem

How was he under par? He literally transformed the team when he came on. He setup the second goal aswell with tbat ridiculous pass out to pellestri
Yeah you’re probably right - just par for Casemiro is ridiculously high, and it didn’t feel like he was at it, until the end when his class shone through.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
His passing is sublime. Best passer we’ve had since Scholes? Or is Carrick ahead?
Carrick was more consistent/reliable but Casemiro has more oomph. And there’s also Mata even though his other attributes stopped him from performing at top level for us.

Pogba is certainly within the shout though. And probably better — but Casemiro is way ahead as an overall package.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Carrick was more consistent/reliable but Casemiro has more oomph. And there’s also Mata even though his other attributes stopped him from performing at top level for us.

Pogba is certainly within the shout though. And probably better — but Casemiro is way ahead as an overall package.
Casemiro's been here a few months, he's still making an adjustment to English football - which shows how good he really is

BlueHaze

Casemiro's been here a few months, he's still making an adjustment to English football - which shows how good he really is
He is 5x CL winner and constantly played against the best of the best during all his years at Madrid. English football is piece of cake for him. Hope he can stay injury free because if so he will definitely be vital for us.

croadyman

We desperately need a backup DM (just someone who understands the role, doesn't have to be near as good).
If this guy is out of the team at any point, it doesn't bear thinking about
Yeah we definitely need one and considering there doesn't look to be anyone in the academy capable of it so how do you deal with that issue

TsuWave

I really rate Tchouameni and Camavinga, and Modric is still incredible, but I have a feeling that Real won't be in the conversation for the CL for the next few years. Imagine having a guy like Casemiro and then suddenly not having him. The team basically has to relearn how to play without him- he's like water- he just fills in the gaps that others leave.
France was just at the world cup final. Real will be just fine

Isafim

I remember Zidane talking about the importance that Casemiro had in balancing Real Madrid's midfield. I think since 15/16 he has been the best DM in the world. And he didn't drop in production when changing team or league. Sometimes I think he's even improving in some ways. He'll be the key to stopping Haaland. All the teams that managed to stop Haaland basically used the same strategy which is to cut off the supply. If the ball doesn't arrive, he doesn't finish. Casemiro will be responsible for stopping KDB's passes.

Glorio

Yeah we definitely need one and considering there doesn't look to be anyone in the academy capable of it so how do you deal with that issue
At a stretch, perhaps Licha steps in and Shaw covers in LCD? After enjoying watching Uncle Case for months, seeing McTominay yesterday was terribly underwhelming

croadyman

At a stretch, perhaps Licha steps in and Shaw covers in LCD? After enjoying watching Uncle Case for months, seeing McTominay yesterday was terribly underwhelming
Yeah it's something you need to try in less high profile games which doesn't apply for a while

Rossa

Is he and KDB the best players in the league atm? I know Haaland is scoring all the goals, but apart from that he isn't nearly as influential. Those three at least?

NoPace

Yeah, at the moment if we had a massive game without Casemiro, I think we'd play this way. Malacia has moved ahead of McTominay, Lindelof and Maguire for me with his play, and Shaw doing well at LCB.

Raven

Yeah, at the moment if we had a massive game without Casemiro, I think we'd play this way. Malacia has moved ahead of McTominay, Lindelof and Maguire for me with his play, and Shaw doing well at LCB.
Or Shaw goes to CDM, something I've hoped to see for years.

NoPace

Or Shaw goes to CDM, something I've hoped to see for years.
I think Lisandro is probably more comfortable with his back to goal, though Ten Hag seems to think winning headers in the DM area is more important than at CB, since he could have easily just used Alvarez at LCB and Lisandro at DM at Ajax, but didn't, so we won't know until we see one used there, which hopefully we won't and we'll buy someone like Frenkie De Jong or Enzo Fernandez and they'll split time with Eriksen (who will also compete with Bruno as a #10) and back up Casemiro.

InfiniteBoredom

His passing is sublime. Best passer we’ve had since Scholes? Or is Carrick ahead?
I think Carrick at his best is still ahead with his passing. Man was regularly bypassing 3-4 lines with his passes in 12-13.

Defensively though, Casemiro is a tier above. Man mastered the art of shithousing as well as being superb at reading the game and is competitive physically. Cant see him get outmuscled the way Carrick did against Toure in that FA semi.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is he and KDB the best players in the league atm? I know Haaland is scoring all the goals, but apart from that he isn't nearly as influential. Those three at least?
de Bruyne hasn't even been City's best player, let alone best player in the league so I'm going to say no.

erikcred

Getting Casemiro almost makes up for many of the transfer mistakes in the last few years. What a player!

Rossa

de Bruyne hasn't even been City's best player, let alone best player in the league so I'm going to say no.
Admittedly, I don't watch all of their games, but when I do, mostly big games, KDB is always the stand-out player. According to fotmob, Haaland is the best in the league followed by Rodri, Trippier and KDB. I usually don't put too much into those stats, but he's up there.

Edit: according to fotmob, Sancho has been better this season than Martinez, wtf... :lol:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I proper love Casemiro. He's the midfielder I've been dreaming of us having for the last 10 years. If only we could find a way to make him 25 years old again so we can have him at his peak for longer. This said, I reckon he'll still be brilliant at 35 but more of a sitting in and conducting the orchestra type DM

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As ETH said, he is the cement. Utterly phenomenal footballer.

Pronewbie

Peep
So I just watched his highlights from yesterday’s game and I am thinking to myself - why would anyone choose Pogba over him as a DM / CM. That clown is so overrated it’s unreal.

GueRed

We finally have a backbone in midfield. Genuine top class....

Hopefully he can give us a couple of years in his prime and the inevitable sharp decline is still a long way off.

Red Rash

World class, sometimes his passing is a bit erratic but some of the passes as just sublime. He also has a presence in midfield that I don't think we've seen since Keane and Scholes.

If we can get a top level midfielder that compliments his game and a good striker our team would go to the next level. Really like Eriksen too but I think he is better suited to #10 rather than a #8, Fred is in good form but we know he can be wildly inconsistent and less said about McTominay the better.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Casemiro is a far more complete player than Pogba but passing wise Pogba was better. Casemiro just doesn’t get slated for a lose pass. Carrick was nowhere near either and yes beyond that Scholes was an absolute genius. At times Casemiro reminds me of Pogba, capable of the sublime and also of hitting an opponent 5 yards in between and at times he reminds me of Scholes...having a picture before the ball arrives.

What is for certain is that he’s way better than I thought he would be as a footballer.

croadyman

Love this man. :drool:
Yeah the minute I heard that it was obvious he was never just hear for the money like the lazy media narrative. Please let Souness be in the studio when we go to Anfield in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.