Squad Number: #18
Position: Midfield - Defensive Midfield
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Best of You Agency
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2026
Contract option: Option for a further year

Last edited:

OmarUnited4ever

If he has a Spanish nationality, does that mean he visa application will be easier than some like Martinez who is Argentinian?

The United

I don't want to care too much if he is still world class and why RM sold him etc. I only want to hope that he can improve our midfield for now.

croadyman

Thought seeing one for Varane was mental but this is just on a different scale and no don't care how much it cost or his age

A-man

A dream signing imo. Has the potential to really transform us. I understand United must be better and more pro active when it comes to signing players in the future, but right now we need band aid and can’t think of better band aid.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
His name under full name is still misspelled. We don't deserve him

Apparently it's not!

Last edited:

bakalhau

You guys really needed someone like him, badly. Can't make any promises that he's gonna perform in the future, but based on past perfomances over 8 years, I'm sure he is:

- A kind of player the team had been missing for a long time in the role he plays
- A big upgrade in terms of mentality and psychology over the team's average
- A big upgrade in tenacity, work rate, bravery, positioning, tackling, decision making

Amongst many other things. From my personal perspective, it's a signing that makes every sense, regardless of price paid.

Robbie Boy

Both him and Martinez are the kind of warriors you want in your team. Hopefully this is the start of us having a likeable team that the oppos hate, instead of a thoroughly dislikeable team that the oppos love.

SalfordTED

You guys really needed someone like him, badly. Can't make any promises that he's gonna perform in the future, but based on past perfomances over 8 years, I'm sure he is:

- A kind of player the team had been missing for a long time in the role he plays
- A big upgrade in terms of mentality and psychology over the team's average
- A big upgrade in tenacity, work rate, bravery, positioning, tackling, decision making

Amongst many other things. From my personal perspective, it's a signing that makes every sense, regardless of price paid.
Is he really any better than Scott McTominay ?? We shall see hey.....

Its a lot of money for someone who gives the ball away all the time and cant shoot but he is a great tackler, who very rarely gets a Red card.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He is also a more skilled player than people actually rate him on that aspect of the game.
People always rate him as a destroyer but his composure and passing are actually very good

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is he really any better than Scott McTominay ?? We shall see hey.....

Its a lot of money for someone who gives the ball away all the time and cant shoot but he is a great tackler, who very rarely gets a Red card.
Not sure, pretty close between them.

Ekeke

He is also a more skilled player than people actually rate him on that aspect of the game.
People always rate him as a destroyer but his composure and passing are actually very good
Good in the air too. I think he's one of the most well rounded "DMs" who have had great success. Better on the ball than Makelele who was better defensively.

AussieDevil

Between Casemiro, Martinez and Malacia we have a bunch of pitbulls. Players that you love in your team and that the opposition loves to hate.

JeffFromHK

A great buy (the only bad thing about it is his age, but Modric plays at top level until 36 so who knows)
he offers physicality and aerial strength, which enable us to be less reliant on playing maguire and mctominay

Olecurls99

A top top player. I really didn't think we had the pulling power anymore for this one. Instantly puts some balance on the team. The defense should rejoice because they finally have some cover and the attack should rejoice because we might get the ball up to them now.

Drainy

If he can stabilise our defensive structure for the next 2-3 seasons and assist with the transition and be a leader in the team while EtH gets the club playing his style of football he'll be a great signing.

JeffFromHK

Between Casemiro, Martinez and Malacia we have a bunch of pitbulls. Players that you love in your team and that the opposition loves to hate.
One thing I like about ETH's buying is that all his buys so far, Casemiro, Martinez and Malacia, Erikssen got good mentality for the club, they are aggressive, industrious, non flamboyant, while technically gifted at the same time.

aeh1991

One thing I like about ETH's buying is that all his buys so far, Casemiro, Martinez and Malacia, Erikssen got good mentality for the club, they are aggressive, industrious, non flamboyant, while technically gifted at the same time.
I fully agree. At the same time I wonder why there were links to Arnautovic, Rabiot or Cunha then.

jeepers

“Best of You Agency” - they must either be the biggest Foo Fighters fans in the galaxy, or a shite Chinese company used for laundering money.

SalfordTED

Eriksen good mentality ?? he was criticised at Inter for lack of defensive work and seeming not to care

I thought we needed De Jong who can link up with the defence to receive the ball and distribute it, as well as tackle

Drop Scott McTominay in the Real Madrid team and he will perform at least as good as Casemiro

Red Cafe posters are always going on about who a player needs to have around him, like when they were defending Pogba, lets see if Casemiro gets exposed in the fast pace of the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.