Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying_Heckfish

Wins the ball back and releases it, pretty accurately as well most of the time.

It's early days for us, and for his season, so a little rust is expected, but he looked a step up from McT already (who played well himeself, too).

sepulturite

His last pass summed up this awful game, brother. Under little pressure and passes it straight to a Leicester player.

Fortunately the ref blew his whistle straight away.
You have to be the wum, seriously. You should be banned, one of the worst posters on here.

sepulturite

You're not stuck with me. I'm tired of being insulted on here for expressing my opinions so I'm taking a long break. I hope you and everyone else stays well and see you later.
Only just seen this post, and I'm sure I speak for a lot of us on here when I say.......yay!

kunal18

Amazing we've never properly replaced Carrick for such a long time and it shows what difference it makes to the team when you have some class in that crucial central midfield position.
It was interesting to see that just when Leicester were trying to get a foothold in the game, we were hoofing the ball forwards He was subbed in and suddenly we started to play a few yards up the pitch and the texture of the game completely changed. Although he misplaced passes but the simple thing of accepting the ball under pressure and making that forward pass was pleasing to watch. Seems to have more time on the ball than the rest.
Of course there is more to come, but its looking promising.
We need to scout young players of this standard and ilk.

Reactions: Invictus

SirAF

Ageist
You're not stuck with me. I'm tired of being insulted on here for expressing my opinions so I'm taking a long break. I hope you and everyone else stays well and see you later.
Yay!

gregor

With him, you can see the difference between a good coach and a bad coach. If Ole was in charge he'd put him in starting 11 right away. ETH is managing him as it should be done with every player, this applies especially to midfielders.
But you can see his qualities with every touch he makes. So good.:drool:

SAFMUTD

He lost one ball due to a sloppy pass in our first third of the pitch that could have cost us.

Besides that he was pretty composed, I think he should be starting against Arsenal.

little.triangles

So damn excited about having a midfielder whose first instinct is not to pass back to his CBs. There was a first-touch ball he played through the lines while half-facing his own goal that was really nothing special but is something that McT and Fred never do. Carrick or Scholes or Hargreaves used to do it routinely, and it keeps the team ticking along without inviting undue pressure on the back line.

McT might have had a good game, but Casemiro is a cut above. Once he is established in this team, we are going to dominate many a midfield.

Last edited:

Pronewbie

Peep
I disagree with cancel culture. I just think you have an overly heavy bias towards "press resistant" players even if the other parts of their game and personality are underwhelming. Prime example would be your effusive praise for Arthur.

Their agility and ball control is great to watch but there are other aspects to the game. I enjoy watching City and Barcelona too and they have a collection of some of the best in the business.

I don't expect ten hag to assemble such a team.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's made 27 correct passes in 30 minutes, and for a comparision Mctominay did 33 in 90 minutes. And he did well defensively. Which itself looks like a great improvement immediately.

AneRu

Wins the ball back and releases it, pretty accurately as well most of the time.

It's early days for us, and for his season, so a little rust is expected, but he looked a step up from McT already (who played well himeself, too).
This is where someone like FDJ would have been handy to have around him because Casemiro's role is pretty simplified - win the ball and pass to the playmaker and what will hold this team back is that we dont have that playmaker type unless if we go crazy and start playing Zidan.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's made 27 correct passes in 30 minutes, and for a comparision Mctominay did 33 in 90 minutes. And he did well defensively. Which itself looks like a great improvement immediately.
If you put footballs near his feet when he's asleep and put a dummy target 5 metres across from him, he will still complete more passes over 90 mins being asleep than McTomminay being awake.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If you put footballs near his feet when he's asleep and put a dummy target 5 metres across from him, he will still complete more passes over 90 mins being asleep than McTomminay being awake.
Fair enough :lol:

dal

With him, you can see the difference between a good coach and a bad coach. If Ole was in charge he'd put him in starting 11 right away. ETH is managing him as it should be done with every player, this applies especially to midfielders.
But you can see his qualities with every touch he makes. So good.:drool:
ETH is a good coach but I don’t think you can say Ole didn’t slowly introduce new players when you look at Fred and Sancho.

Real Name

Nice one touch passing and accurate too, some were saying he's bad at that. Hm.

Imposed himself defensively right away and settled our middle.

Real Name

Bye.

Did the deal sheet get in on time for this one @moses?

@Yagami on a season long loan to RAWK with an obligation to buy.
:lol: We should put a sell on clause too.

gregor

ETH is a good coach but I don’t think you can say Ole didn’t slowly introduce new players when you look at Fred and Sancho.
Fred was signed by Mourinho, and Sancho was pretty unfit iirc.

AdNani

see ya

Olecurls99

Always showing for the ball. Yes please

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

We've not seen one touch forward passes like this since Carrick. Tears in my eyes.

MiracleInMadrid

Deflated Leicesters pressure a number of times with his calmness and composure on the ball. Will be a huge upgrade in the way Ten Hag wants to play.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

We've not seen one touch forward passes like this since Carrick. Tears in my eyes.
His passing is so good, he makes good decisions and plays quick passes which helps team to build the play. Can't wait to see him starting regularly.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought he looked good yet again. People forget that prior to his sub Leicester we’re getting on top of us and starting to pin us back. I think he changed the complexion of the game by coming on, mopping up loose balls and then playing accurate passes out. Very impressed.

Drizzle

This guy knows where to be on the pitch. We look more structured and sorted when he comes on.

He had 40 touches in his 30 minutes, McTominay (who played well) had 60 for his 90+ mins. He's not a silky or amazingly technical footballer but he just oozes positional nous and calm. If we can keep him fit I think he'll be brilliant for us this season.

Kostov

You can see the difference is quality on the ball right away. Few sloppy moments but he will settle nicely I think.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Very impressive cameo. The guy definitely still has it. Will be a monster for us and another real leader, we're collecting them now after years of having none.

romufc

Yep, this was the main thing I took from this game, he clearly has good awareness of where his team mates are before getting the ball, it helps play out the press so much.

Usually Fred and McTominay take a touch look up, by that time they are closed down.

mctrials23

Bit rusty but you can see where he brings quality to the side. Composed, knows where to be and when to be there and isn't scared of being in the firing line. Compared to McTominay its night and day. I think the reason some people think McTominay did well yesterday is because he puts himself about when he can and hides from situations which could lead to issues for him. At this level its not enough to win defensive headers when most of them go straight back to the opposition. Its not enough to just retain possession by always taking the easy pass. Its not enough to only break into space when there is huge amounts of it.

Hes simply a very safe and very limited player far too often. Casemiro doesn't suffer from that. He will make mistakes but he will also contribute far more when he doesn't.

SambaBoy

Very composed in the middle I thought, looks to play first time and forward which is a big contrast to our other deep midfielders. Turned the ball over a few times in dangerous areas but he'll get upto speed quickly.

Lyng

Thought he looked good yet again. People forget that prior to his sub Leicester we’re getting on top of us and starting to pin us back. I think he changed the complexion of the game by coming on, mopping up loose balls and then playing accurate passes out. Very impressed.
You are spot on. And Brendan reacted by moving back to a 4-4-2 with Maddisson wide which completely killed of their threat.

RedIan

He made a couple of mistakes but already you can see he is a class player. Composed on the ball and with Erikson we may actually have players who can control a game.

Member 125398

We need more press resistant posters tbf.

Rodgerzzz

Thought he looked every bit the multiple Champions league winner even with the couple of mistakes. Made some nice interceptions early on after his introduction and his passing looked solid.

Noticed a couple of times he played passes into Rashford's feet prior to Ronaldo coming on but unfortunately Marcus passed it straight back to our defense but nice to see he's not just passing sideways. Also initiated a couple of attacks with some decent lofted passes into the channels. Definitely shored us up, him & Scott in midfield to close games down towards the end could be really useful.

siw2007

Thought he was different class when he came on and his introduction wrestled the game away from Leicester. He gave the ball away once I think which lead to Maddison’s free kick but was otherwise fab in the midfield there.

Status
Not open for further replies.