Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Getting to Pace. Hopefully can get closer to it with the next few weeks

A few good tackles and interceptions but conceded quite a few free-kicks; surprised he avoided a booking. Passing mostly fine but one awful left-footed pass.
He was great at that for Madrid. Hopefully he's out fernandinho for that :lol:

Strats

Thought he was fine. Needs a few games where he plays 90 mins under his belt.

Also, why are there no threadmarks after games like the other players have?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Glimpses of the player we hope for but clearly needs more games to get up to speed. I think we’ll love this guy when he gets going.

AdNani

Getting to Pace. Hopefully can get closer to it with the next few weeks

He was great at that for Madrid. Hopefully he's out fernandinho for that :lol:
i'm sure i read somewhere he was never sent off for them? which is mental considering the player he is

Sylar

i'm sure i read somewhere he was never sent off for them? which is mental considering the player he is
Think he got one for Madrid a few years ago. Remember it being a big thing on twitter given how shocking it was that it was his first.

OrcaFat

Decent half. Still not at peak fitness and that obviously impairs all aspects of his game but I was very encouraged.

redcucumber

Reading this you'd think he had a great game.

Anyone who watched us tonight knows that's a blatant lie.

He was slow, late, cumbersome and totally unfit.

Play 90 minutes like that in the league and we're getting hammered.

Sherrif is championship level at best.
Seems like a massive overreaction. He was completely adequate, as was the rest of the team. "Anyone who watched us tonight knows that's a blatant lie." have you read any of the above posts? Most people were encouraged by his outing, with the proviso that he obviously has more yet to give.

DickDastardly

Fine.

He was fine.

It's the lack of standards that got us here in the first place.

If you think that was a good game and a "new sherrif was in town" after that dogshit perfomance against championship relegation fodder then brothers.... we have a long way to go.

He needs to get his head out of his ass and get fit asap.

There is a top player underneath that. We just havent seen him yet.

OrcaFat

Reading this you'd think he had a great game.

Anyone who watched us tonight knows that's a blatant lie.

He was slow, late, cumbersome and totally unfit.

Play 90 minutes like that in the league and we're getting hammered.

He is not fit yet, that’s true, probably needs games. But what those stats do tell you is that he gets on the ball a lot and usually gives it to one of our guys which is what we need.

kaku06

Just an example how stats can convert a decent performance into an amazing one. Add the “new sheriff in town” part and it becomes a world class performance for someone who didn’t see the actual match.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think he is making progress slowly, but still need more games.

Right now I would still have Mctominay over him.

Pronewbie

Peep
Looked more match fit and mobile today. Seems to be adapting his game quite well to fit Ten Hag's requirements. Yet again, we seem to be able to play higher up the pitch whenever he comes on.

lex talionis

One frustrating aspect about our performances over the last decade or so is that we’ve been performing to the level of our competition, whether up for better opponents or down to worse opponents — with several conspicuous exceptions such as the humiliations to Liverpool and City last season and Brentford this season.

Sheriff is a fairly pedestrian side that to my eye at lest looks midtable Championship at best. We beat them, but we did not look stellar in doing so. Casemiro was on par with everyone else on the pitch. And if we’re going to be honest, it would have been an immense waste had Casemiro turned in a worldie performance.

Mates, he’s getting warmed up for what awaits us between now and May, when we’re going to be in the hunt for third place and an EL cup final.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just an example how stats can convert a decent performance into an amazing one. Add the “new sheriff in town” part and it becomes a world class performance for someone who didn’t see the actual match.
Starman Dave is honestly useless when it comes to using actual stats and analytics

MyBloodIsRed

showed more signs of why he could be an important player for us. But needs to quit giving the ball away cheaply. I think fitness and working with the teammates will fix that

Lyng

You do realise they beat Real Madrid last season right? No Championship level team would ever do that.

Starman Dave is honestly useless when it comes to using actual stats and analytics
Yeah I used to like his content but he is extremely biased and seems to often cherrypick stats to feed some narrative.

Atlantis football makes excellent analysis videos about United tactics.

Ole'sattheWheel

I agree. He only highlights those stats that are decent out of many which paints a different picture altogether.
I was in the same pub as him for the CL final last year. He was just sat watching and those stylised tweets were coming out during the match.
It must be a team

WirralRed

Some people need to realise he isn’t a Scholes type, he’s in the midfield to sure it up. Your not going to see a midfield masterclass of passing etc but you will see him stopping oppositions attacks and stabilising the midfield, knowing where to be to stop there line of passes and doing tactical fouls.

DickDastardly

You do realise they beat Real Madrid last season right? No Championship level team would ever do that.
What an odd thing to say.
Why wouldn't a championship level team beat Real Madrid?

Remember watching that game, their GK had short of 15 saves and they missed a shitload of scoring chances only to score an injury time screamer.

Flukes happen in football, that's why its the best sport in the world.

You put Sherrif in the Championship, they would be mid table, at best.

They have a budget the size of 3rd league clubs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I actually thought he was pretty good when he came on, his strongest performance so far.

Lyng

What an odd thing to say.
Why wouldn't a championship level team beat Real Madrid?

Remember watching that game, their GK had short of 15 saves and they missed a shitload of scoring chances only to score an injury time screamer.

Flukes happen in football, that's why its the best sport in the world.

You put Sherrif in the Championship, they would be mid table, at best.

They have a budget the size of 3rd league clubs.
Budget doesnt mean everything. Their scouting has actually been quite good.
They beat Shaktar Donesk as well. They won some fairly difficult matches.
I could easily see them take points of Sociedad as well.

Teja

What does field tilt mean?
Number of passes (touches?) we have in the attacking 3rd vs Number of passes the opposition has our defensive 3rd.

e.g., we have 68 passes in the attacking third against Sheriff and they had 32 passes in our defensive 3rd (their attacking 3rd).

One measure of dominance. Of course, our passes could've been very ineffective side to side passes in the oppo 3rd and the opposition could've had fewer, but more creative through balls on the counter so it's not everything but a pretty decent stat.

Marwood

I'm still confused as to why he's not fit by mid September.

If indeed that's the reason for him looking off the pace.

SoCross

Number of passes (touches?) we have in the attacking 3rd vs Number of passes the opposition has our defensive 3rd.

e.g., we have 68 passes in the attacking third against Sheriff and they had 32 passes in our defensive 3rd (their attacking 3rd).

One measure of dominance. Of course, our passes could've been very ineffective side to side passes in the oppo 3rd and the opposition could've had fewer, but more creative through balls on the counter so it's not everything but a pretty decent stat.
Cheers brother. Many thanks!

kthanksbye

I believe he is still under warranty, if you don't want it, we'll take it back, no questions asked.

If you're now happy with Varane, you will love Casemiro.

Most Madrid fans were happy when Varane left, I was amongst them, but Casemiro is still one of the best if not the best DM in the world, and will remain like that for at least 3 or 4 years, probably more, unless yor "break" him.

That reminds me a joke from Jimmy Carr, it goes something like this:

Jimmy Car is having sex with his girlfriend and he is unable to perform satisfactory.
His girlfriend tells him not to worry, that is normal and that it happens to a lot of guys.
To which Jimmy responds: "First, who are those a lot of guys" and "Second, if it has happend to more than one of us, could it be YOUR fault.

Something to think about...
Love him, that was a brilliant joke.

kthanksbye

At one point yesterday he made two consecutive tackles won both clean and then was fouled, he's really good at that.
Think he'll take some time to adjust to life without Kroos and Modric next to him, because now he'll be closed down more.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I'm still confused as to why he's not fit by mid September.

If indeed that's the reason for him looking off the pace.
He's had much less time with the squad. Much less time with ETH. He's fit but we saw it with the rest of the team, they were flagging after 45 mins and now, a few weeks later, they're all getting better at keeping it going further into the match. Casemiro will be just the same. He's just not match sharp.

RuudTom83

He is the type of player who will be appreciated over a season…he is not really going to stand out in one of games.

If anything the times will be noticed are when he loses the ball…but no team has 100% possession.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He started poorly but I thought he did well in the game. Defensively he was very good and also moved the ball quickly. First 2-3 passes he misplaced or mishit everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.