Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

He started poorly but I thought he did well in the game. Defensively he was very good and also moved the ball quickly. First 2-3 passes he misplaced or mishit everything.
Agree. Looked like he wasn't used to the standard of Europa League pitches.

Marwood

He's had much less time with the squad. Much less time with ETH. He's fit but we saw it with the rest of the team, they were flagging after 45 mins and now, a few weeks later, they're all getting better at keeping it going further into the match. Casemiro will be just the same. He's just not match sharp.
He looks like he's flagging from min 1. Don't think that's anything to do with ETH's style.

I'm not doubting he'll come good but all those saying he's not fit yet are I think hoping it's fitness.

He's had a full pre season, bern training with us for weeks, a few appearances. He should be ready now in terms of fitness.

Anustart89

+1. Even Opta etc. are cherry picking numbers to push their own narratives.

Lies, damned lies and statistics and all that.

Unfortunate because there's a really good football analytics community on Twitter. Plug for https://twitter.com/markstatsbot

How did we beat them in defensive line height with Martinez and Malacia in the side? How short were their defenders?!? I kid

Josh 76

I’ve said it before and will say it again. We won’t see the best of him until after the new year.

Tony247

You'll all claim he was one of our better players....He's finished at this level and we'll see more results like that if he starts for us. My predictions are never wrong unfortunately.
Our guys here is banned?

hodgey123

Fair to say that he hasn't been as bad as some are making out but also slightly underwhelming? Whisper it quietly, but McTominay is actually in great form over the last few games alongside Eriksen so we have not needed to chuck Casemiro in straight away which, on the evidence of his performances so far, is a good thing. Though it is a bit of a catch 22 as I think Casemiro has looked a bit rusty which will only be cured with more game time, which we are lacking given the Queen delays!

Reactions: Invictus

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Fair to say that he hasn't been as bad as some are making out but also slightly underwhelming? Whisper it quietly, but McTominay is actually in great form over the last few games alongside Eriksen so we have not needed to chuck Casemiro in straight away which, on the evidence of his performances so far, is a good thing. Though it is a bit of a catch 22 as I think Casemiro has looked a bit rusty which will only be cured with more game time, which we are lacking given the Queen delays!
I reckon Mctominay got the push he needed, it was either step up or you're going to be replaced.

Foxbatt

It's also the pace of the game and your teammates. Casemiro or most players would need a bit of time to get used to the way we play or the manager wants to play. Midfield is the toughest position to come and play in a new club. Eriksen is used to playing in the PL and also to the Ajax way.

Greck

There's the general sentiment that all the players have turned it around when we simply just regrouped and tweaked our tactics after the Brentford game to a setup that exposes their weaknesses less. They haven't suddenly transformed. As long as Casemiro hasn't declined it won't be long before his qualities are needed. Our midfielders aren't suddenly sufficient. If we go back to the setup from the first 2 games all the cracks we know are there will come back.

This happens like a cycle. Mctominay looks good when he plays well, like really really good especially afforded time and space. The problem with he and Fred is what happens when there's a midfield battle and secondly what happens when we push high and are open. With the former they always look uncomfortable asserting themselves and playing against pressure, you know the types of games that produce those infamous clips of hiding from the ball. With the other he and Fred struggle to shield the back four. Not just shielding, they struggle to give it any kind of protection because of mediocre positioning. They haven't beaten out Casemiro for good, we're riding a run. It's not permanent.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I just hope it doesn't take too long for him to adjust here because he's not young anymore and we paid lot of money to sign him. We don't want to lose a full season of his prime age, he's a quality player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We must never buy 30y old players. They are finished. Basically dead.
22-23y old should be maximum. From those players we can get good four, maximum five years before decline.

It is 10 years now how United fans moan about top class dmc. We buy one of the best in the world, proven winner and people still not happy. Bloody hell, some of you deserve Solskjaer who would buy you Longstaff

poleglass red

I’ve said it before and will say it again. We won’t see the best of him until after the new year.
Typical utd planning. We overpay for a 30 year old who will come in and help us right away, except we have to wait 6 months to see his best form.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What a lemon. All those saying he can tackle but he can't pass have been proven to be pretty much nonsense. Not just that, I've seen enough in the few games he's played here, that he can move it well.

dovaris

What a lemon. All those saying he can tackle but he can't pass have been proven to be pretty much nonsense. Not just that, I've seen enough in the few games he's played here, that he can move it well.
I just find it hard to believe that some people really believe that a player like Casemiro who played constantly as a midfielder for one of the best teams in football history can't pass a ball and that his only qualities are tackles and duels. Especially as a DM in modern football there is no chance that he would play for Real Madrid if he has bad technique.

Blood Mage

When he reaches peak fitness we won't lose many midfield battles. McTominay has done a fine job covering for him until he gets fit though to be fair.

Avero

10-12y old should be maximum. From those players we can get good few years before decline.

Biggins

10-12y old should be maximum. From those players we can get good few years before decline.
We should be signing up newborns! 10-12 is definitely too old!

Scottynaldinho

Ah yes your wisdom which also stated that Malacia is a “pretty bad player”.
"Lemon" thing was a tongue in cheek comment although it's clear he'll take a bit of adjusting to the pace of the PL. My problem is people expecting him to be a midfield maestro while he's at his best sitting deep and protecting the defense.

Malacia discussion is for another thread but I'm not really optimistic as the rest of the caf.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
One hoofsist and the caf s getting giddy. Let him do it in the premier league first.
Fingers crossed you'll forever stay in the newbie. This place is better off having your ignorance limited because it'll quickly get annoying.

little.triangles

Probably will need a couple of seasons to get up to speed.
All he came here for was for a monster superannuation package....anyone that thinks differently needs to wise the feck up!
Just a heads-up for the forum. This guy is a WUM. Not a peep out of him after Casemiro's contributions for Brazil today. He is in the Antony thread right now spreading his hate. No doubt he will be proved wrong there too.

Last edited:

Chief123

Interesting to hear Rob Dawson reporting that out of all the signings Casemiro wasn’t his choice and it was a recommendation from the recruiting team. To be fair, it’s no surprise as we all know ETH wanted FDJ but it clearly wasn’t viable. We had to find an alternative in the end.

Dawson also says he’s conscious of the morale in the dressing room if he was to just drop McTominay for Casemiro as it wouldn’t look good if a player who is performing really well gets dropped. I think we’ll see McTominay continue to start games until his form dips below the current level.

Status
Not open for further replies.