Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

He was dreadful in the first half though - pretty much his worst half since his debut. Forest's two best chances both came from him rushing in to challenges which he missed.
He gets so many of those right that he’s bound to miss a few. It’s what you get with him and the way he plays. He more than makes up for it with the rest of his game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rodri's nowhere near as good as Casemiro, it's not even particularly close.

Isafim

Casemiro is absolutely adored by the fans who come to the theater of dreams and this perception goes beyond the celebrations of the goals that Casemiro has been scoring (including two in the previous Manchester United game) it goes beyond the times he is substituted and given a standing ovation by these fans. You can see something between the lines of the crowd's reactions. It is something that can be noticed by any of us who have a minimum of experience in any football stadium. You know when the crowd is on Honeymoon with the player that every little thing there is a different noise, a different celebration in the stands, a short dribble, a pass to the side, a lightening of the move, in short, in the details Manchester fans United celebrates Casemiro and makes it clear to himself how much he is celebrated by this crowd and by this club.

And this seems a bit surreal to me because until yesterday he was winning all the titles in the world for Real Madrid, but that, on the other hand, also explains, I think that after so many titles, so much idolatry, it becomes more of the same and this arrival in Manchester United is almost a rebirth of Casemiro in terms of new passions, of feeling loved by other people, by another country. It's been very beautiful to see the beginning of a relationship that I think will go down in the history of this club and I have to admit that when the first rumors of this transfer emerged, I was part of the group that reacted thinking it was a joke. "What is Casemiro, champion of the Champions yesterday, going to do in a stagnant club like Manchester United? The recent talent graveyard". I was wrong. Casemiro proved me wrong. Even because he comes with a rare posture. One of the best players of his own position in history arrives at a club that is absolutely gigantic but that is experiencing a lack of Idols and references and he does not look at this club from top to bottom as great players have recently: Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Cristiano Ronaldo. .. Casemiro runs in the same direction as the club. They row together and I think that explains a lot of the connection. Casemiro looks to rescue the team. The greatness of the club as an almost personal mission. And this is quite remarkable and this rescue is ongoing, in the beginning, but it is already underway. It is clear that he is not the only protagonist, far from it, there are several players and the coach participating in this rescue, but he is one of the protagonists. Casemiro is a guy who makes the players around him play better, Casemiro partly explains why he played Wan Bissaka, Luke Shaw, Varane, Bruno Fernandes... All these explain why and partly why everyone improved. It also explains in part why Eriksen and Martinez fit so well and so quickly into this team. Casemiro gives protection that makes others play better. So much so that Real Madrid changes with Casemiro joining the team when he returns from the port. Zidane managed to find the trio when Casemiro enters and then balances it out. So there's a Casemiro stamp on what Modric and Kroos have been in recent years. It's very clear now why Manchester United paid 70 million pounds and gave a five-year contract to a 30-year-old player. That investment is highly justifiable in a guy of Casemiro's caliber who has a transforming power.

Reactions: Invictus

Rolaholic

^Great post

Yea I definitely think he'll go down in our history as one of the catalysts for our resurgence under ETH.

The story of him watching the Brighton defeat and basically telling his people 'Tell United, help is on the way' instead of being turned off will always be a part of United lore now.

croadyman

^Great post

Yea I definitely think he'll go down in our history as one of the catalysts for our resurgence under ETH.

The story of him watching the Brighton defeat and basically telling his people 'Tell United, help is on the way' instead of being turned off will always be a part of United lore now.
Brentford and yeah when I heard he'd done that I knew this guy was gonna take this club to his heart straight away

TsuWave

Just turned on the BBC and football focus is having an interview with him. I hope I can catch this somewhere from the start

Godfather

Stupid from him. Bit I feel we can cope without him. Sabitzer in midfield looked really good

slored1

Will never understand how thick some footballers are. What on earth did he think he was doing in that brawl?

King Eric 7

If he was going to be suspended, now is the best time I think. Not ideal, but could have been a lot worse.

The United

As some people said, he got a good rest though, the timing is not great for us.

Strats

Idiotic thing to do. Expected him to be more sensible than that

Still think it was a massive snowflake decision from Marriner.

zaafi

I was shouting at the telly when I saw him jogging casually towards the Palace player when Antony was down. I knew he was up to something and the idiotic push started it. Can only blame himself for the red card and it was so avoidable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
very very silly.

I know he’s passionate but you can’t go grabbing somebody around the neck in the VAR era.

We will miss him

ManRed

Bad news he missed 3 epl games.

Good news he will be rested for Barcelona and Newcastle

the hea

Stupid mistake from him, this was something I would have expected from a young hothead like Antony but not from someone as experienced as Casemiro. At least he will be rested and ready for the Barca games.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Shows his intelligence, he knew getting a violent conduct red here meant he was 100% playing in the final Vs Newcastle. Genius.

BorisManUtd

What the hell was he thinking there? Can't believe it. 2-0, we were dominating and he acts like an absolute idiot and lets Palace back into the game. We somehow won but it's now 3 games without him and McTominay is injured anyways.

You'd expect Casemiro to be cool, he's 30 and experienced. I'd give him a 0 if it was possible.

zenith

Might end up beneficial for us. He misses 3 games which should be eminently winnable for us and gets some much needed rest ahead of the cup final and barca games, where God knows we will need him at his best

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You expect so much better from a player with Casemiro's experience. Utterly braindead. The officials have been desperate to give stuff against us since the City game. Putting his hands on Hughes' neck was probably greeted with cheers in the VAR room. Why do it? Why give them the chance you know they're searching for?

Status
Not open for further replies.