Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I really think there should be a disctinction between "honest play for the ball" and reckless challenge. At this rate you are just awarding red cards for being unlucky.
Problem with that is you end up with potentially not sending people off for leg breaking challenges and that would never fly.

It's better as it is. Shit when you lose a player but it wouldn't work the other way around.

Trying to wrap my head around some of the comments in here. This was a ridiculous decision. Taylor was right there and gave a yellow, asshat in the VAR room slowed the game down by 1000x times, zoomed in on a couple studs and sent that over to Taylor to skew his opinion. He got the ball, the player wasn't hurt, the player didn't complain, even seemed sympathetic Case was sent off. The league has it in for us, clear as day, and this was a shit decision, most likely down on purpose by a ref that has a record of fecking us.
I'm almost 100% sure any other team gets the same result for a tackle like that. It was a red, a soft red and an accidental one (I know the laws talk about intent) but they're given all the time, especially when VAR intervenes. Even though he got the ball, follow through's count and unfortunately he caught him high up with studs up, always red.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Problem with that is you end up with potentially not sending people off for leg breaking challenges and that would never fly.

It's better as it is. Shit when you lose a player but it wouldn't work the other way around.

I'm almost 100% sure any other team gets the same result for a tackle like that. It was a red, a soft red and an accidental one (I know the laws talk about intent) but they're given all the time, especially when VAR intervenes. Even though he got the ball, follow through's count and unfortunately he caught him high up with studs up, always red.
Lavia had one like it last night and you can show the same sort of outcome from freeze framing it.

Do you reckon he was sent off or VAR had a look ?

Irwin99

Next game will almost certainly be mid April in the Europa League. We will miss him.

Shame he won't play for a fair while, but just happy to see him put in a really good display again after a few very poor ones.

The suspensions and a few under par displays keep him from being a POTY contender imo, but I'd put him on about a par with Varane as our 3rd highest performers so far. What a signing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Shame he won't play for a fair while, but just happy to see him put in a really good display again after a few very poor ones.

The suspensions and a few under par displays keep him from being a POTY contender imo, but I'd put him on about a par with Varane as our 3rd highest performers so far. What a signing.
Agree 100%.

ScholesyTheWise

Very good performance by him. I thought the red card he got vs Sotton was harsh as feck but I understand why it was awarded.
I hate the modern football rules on so many levels.

It's also healthy, if nothing else, that a lot of our fans seem to have gotten back to planet earth with Case,
In the sense that he has his faults and will have his off days where his bottom level is, I must say, lower than what I would have imagined or liked.

But at his best, he's an absolute monster and he's most definitely the first name on the team sheet for me.
Shame he's in his 30's.

Olecurls99

1:40 ish

Over the ball, into the player, no card. If he had a United Jersey there'd be rolling headlines.

skilzzz

I saw a couple of weeks ago that he was named in the Brazil squad for their game against Morocco on March 25th.

First thought was annoyance as they had rested so many of their big names for this match, but probably a good thing now, with how long he won't play for us. Hopefully he gets some minutes for them.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
4 match ban, we could get dragged out of the top four if we're not careful.

Glorio

Silver lining is that he's having a rest, as he has seemed to be feeling it - was really obvious during the game that shall not be named

Sylar

Named Brazil captain. With his suspension the international games and boost of being captain will be a great thing for him

hobbers

Shame Brazil only have the 1 friendly.

After today he'll have 19 days off before Sevilla.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

A few….being maybe two? Very poor being a huge exaggeration.

A few under par performances ‘keep him from being POTY’ contender ? Absolute nonsense. He’s been immense along with Rashford, Martinez and Varane.

A couple of earthly performances doesn’t change the fact that he’s transformed our midfield and we look a different team when he plays. We’ve still got players in that midfield that drop atrocious performances every other week, and with Eriksen out we’ve lost balance and some control. Casemiro has been superb whether he’s been next to a controlling player, bang average players like Fred or McT or absolute chaos in Bruno.

He’s glue.

Chief123

Another one of his best games of the season.

We are horrific in midfield when he’s not there.

We urgently need Casemiro and Eriksen together again with Martial up front.

Abraxas

His poor decision making is really coming home to roost.

It shouldn't be the case that we're this reliant on one midfielder, though. That certainly isn't his fault.

Red Rash

We are so reliant on Casemiro. Without him we barely function as a team. We really need a proper Casemiro backup in the summer

Sylar

Our first choice starting midfield is out. We badly need him back and thankfully two home games to see out.

He's the only one capable of playing ahead of our defence and making passes that doesn't have to be to the nearest man all the time

OrcaFat

Another one of his best games of the season.

We are horrific in midfield when he’s not there.

We urgently need Casemiro and Eriksen together again with Martial up front.
Absolutely. Just posted something similar about the MF in the post match thread.

Martial staying fit is a pipe dream but we need someone of his quality starting at 9 every game.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We look like a completely different team when he plays. Give this guy the Ballon d or :lol:. Joke aside, we really miss his presence in our midfield. If we can get him a partner like Frankie de Jong next season, we will be unstoppable.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Forest on 16 April, he has to learn that VAR is always watching the game. Stop giving the ref a decision to make next season
He will always take cards because of man marking we try to play in cm. This leave gaps he can’t always cover on time, leading to mistimed tackles or professional fouls.
It’s doable if our ball retention improves but as long as we are indulging players in their basketball approach our defensive players are genuinely at risk.
He protects the defence but the guys ahead of him have to also protect him, that’s how it works. It’s either the complete midfielder next to him(De Jong/Lavia/Can) or a workhorse(Modric/Valverde/Kante) type to make sure the gaps to his periphery are smaller and engage opponents in front of him long enough, for him to be more central defensively.

croadyman

He will always take cards because of man marking we try to play in cm. This leave gaps he can’t always cover on time, leading to mistimed tackles or professional fouls.
It’s doable if our ball retention improves but as long as we are indulging players in their basketball approach our defensive players are genuinely at risk.
He protects the defence but the guys ahead of him have to also protect him, that’s how it works. It’s either the complete midfielder next to him(De Jong/Lavia/Can) or a workhorse(Modric/Valverde/Kante) type to make sure the gaps to his periphery are smaller and engage opponents in front of him long enough, for him to be more central defensively.
Which of those two types does he need more

KikiDaKats

Supports
Which of those two types does he need more
He is a perfect CDM and suited to either combo. Our current style will more likely be suited to a workhorse, just like Fletcher and Hargreaves were in the mid/late 00s.

croadyman

We look like a completely different team when he plays. Give this guy the Ballon d or :lol:. Joke aside, we really miss his presence in our midfield. If we can get him a partner like Frankie de Jong next season, we will be unstoppable.
Not unstoppable but will control things better

KikiDaKats

Supports
So maybe Casa & Kovacic/Barella
Or a Tonali.
That’s the one position football does not lack, the problem United have over the years is trying to buy a superstar for a position that doesn’t necessarily need it.

croadyman

Or a Tonali.
That’s the one position football does not lack, the problem United have over the years is trying to buy a superstar for a position that doesn’t necessarily need it.
Yeah he needs help that's for certain

Status
Not open for further replies.