Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's been up and down for us, today was one of his better matches for us, Chelsea repeatedly walking through our midfield in the first half shows he needs a better partner than Eriksen to do some of the defensive lifting.
He had like... two bad games after his second suspension. Struggling to think of a more consistently brilliant player in our team. Martinez and Shaw, maybe.

He's been the difference more than anyone. An unbelievable player. Not a hope we'd be in the CL without him.

I just hope he ages well.

The Hilton

He had like... two bad games after his second suspension. Struggling to think of a more consistently brilliant player in our team. Martinez and Shaw, maybe.

He's been the difference more than anyone. An unbelievable player. Not a hope we'd be in the CL without him.

I just hope he ages well.
In terms of consistent brilliance, then Martinez is definitely ahead - Case has been a huge positive influence, no doubt, but he's had some really poor matches for us (e.g. Liverpool, Sevilla), and even when playing well has been sloppy with his passes, particularly early on in the season.

Ups and downs is much more accurate than consistently brilliant in my book. No doubt that the ups outweigh the downs, but there have been downs when you consider some of his poorer matches and the suspensions. However, as I said, I'm hopeful that a better partner next season will alleviate some of the pressure on him, allowing him to flourish even more.

Mike Smalling

I'm just fully in love with this guy. To me he's been the difference between top four and another season of Thursday nights in Cyprus and Kazakhstan. I have to admit I underestimated him somewhat before he had played for us. I knew he would be excellent cover for the back four and a fighter in midfield, but I had no idea he was such an aerial threat and how high his level of passing can be. That pass to Sancho yesterday :drool:

Then there's his personality. Great combination of determined, experienced winner and wholesome happy dude. Such a vital addition to the squad. I hope we can find a great partner for him, because he would only be stronger by not having to do everything.

And he's fecking built too...

Kag

That's looking at him through rose tinted in my opinion - he was sensational for probably 2/3rds of his matches with us, but started slowly, and has had a few poor matches for us since returning from his second suspension.

Hopefully we can find someone with a bit more ability and athleticism to play next to him for next season, which will take some of the burden from him.
All players have poor matches. On the whole he has been sensational and this is evident in our results and defensive solidity when he is in the side.

El Zoido

He’s been fantastic, if he keeps this up he’ll almost be as good as Pogba.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If he can have one of his maestro games in the final that would be great.

But if we defend collectively like we did against Chelsea then this poor bugger has his work cut out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm just fully in love with this guy. To me he's been the difference between top four and another season of Thursday nights in Cyprus and Kazakhstan. I have to admit I underestimated him somewhat before he had played for us. I knew he would be excellent cover for the back four and a fighter in midfield, but I had no idea he was such an aerial threat and how high his level of passing can be. That pass to Sancho yesterday :drool:

Then there's his personality. Great combination of determined, experienced winner and wholesome happy dude. Such a vital addition to the squad. I hope we can find a great partner for him, because he would only be stronger by not having to do everything.

And he's fecking built too...
Plus those big chubby cheeks you just want to give a squeeze…

The Hilton

All players have poor matches. On the whole he has been sensational and this is evident in our results and defensive solidity when he is in the side.
Can we handwave away poor form for everyone with "all players have bad matches"? How about Harry Maguire, he's had mostly bad matches but if we don't count those, then he's been good. The logic just doesn't hold up, you have to include the bad matches in the overall picture.

As for the evidence there are plenty of matches where we aren't defensively solid, even with him in the side, the bad matches as mentioned but even yesterday we were carved open repeatedly despite him being our MOTM.

His first season with us has been good, and he's clearly a winner and a fantastic influence in the dressing room, but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

RedorDead21

Lost match rhythm when he got sent off twice in close succession and never really recovered. We couldn’t afford to lose him so we need better cover for when it happens again. Could have got second if his form never dropped and he was always available in the end.

Banana Republic

I think most would agree, Casemiro has been the biggest improvement to the squad this season.
Those two suspensions took something out of him and he’s put in some poor overall performances since, even when he’s made one or two vital contributions during an otherwise poor display.
We don’t have anyone else who can provide a solid CM foundation, or do the defensive hard graft in MF competently enough, so that has to be the number 2 priority after bringing in 1 (or preferably 2) strikers this summer.
We don’t need another lightweight, creative central MF who’ll end up being another passenger as strong opposition walks straight through our midfield, as has happened far too often this season.
Easier said than done, but if we can get that partner for Casemiro, they could also provide cover for him when he’s injured or unavailable……and at 31 yrs old, those injuries are going to start happening more frequently in future.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What a player. Truly world class. If we have Martinez Varane and Case together most of next season we are in business. Put a world class CM next to Case and we could really go places.

OrcaFat

In terms of consistent brilliance, then Martinez is definitely ahead - Case has been a huge positive influence, no doubt, but he's had some really poor matches for us (e.g. Liverpool, Sevilla), and even when playing well has been sloppy with his passes, particularly early on in the season.

Ups and downs is much more accurate than consistently brilliant in my book. No doubt that the ups outweigh the downs, but there have been downs when you consider some of his poorer matches and the suspensions. However, as I said, I'm hopeful that a better partner next season will alleviate some of the pressure on him, allowing him to flourish even more.
I guess everyone sees it differently but imo he is the single most important player for our chances of winning games. Even when he doesn’t look like he’s playing well, he gives the team a solid shape (no pun intended).

He keeps us tight, keeps us mentally robust and actually contributes loads going forward. Martinez is brilliant as well but losing Case has a bigger effect imo.

The Hilton

I guess everyone sees it differently but imo he is the single most important player for our chances of winning games. Even when he doesn’t look like he’s playing well, he gives the team a solid shape (no pun intended).

He keeps us tight, keeps us mentally robust and actually contributes loads going forward. Martinez is brilliant as well but losing Case has a bigger effect imo.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's right up there with our important players, but for me Martinez is number 1 - without him at the back our build up suffers hugely, as does our defensive solidity.

I also think that Casemiro has had more poor matches and sloppy moments than Martinez too.

Still, we're basically arguing over levels of excellence, as I absolutely agree that he's a key player for us, and I expect him to be even better next season if we can pair him with someone with more legs than Eriksen.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s been fantastic, if he keeps this up he’ll almost be as good as Pogba.
As someone who recognised that Pogba was actually good for us, Casemiro is and has been on another level. Yes he started slowly and came back slowly from his unjustified bans but he’s been phenomenal. Absolutely world class and where Pogba is a cherry, Casemiro is the cake.

Rolaholic

The smile of a proud father :D, very wholesome

He had his baby boy in the tunnel with him too chatting up with Bruno before they walked out

Kag

Can we handwave away poor form for everyone with "all players have bad matches"? How about Harry Maguire, he's had mostly bad matches but if we don't count those, then he's been good. The logic just doesn't hold up, you have to include the bad matches in the overall picture.

As for the evidence there are plenty of matches where we aren't defensively solid, even with him in the side, the bad matches as mentioned but even yesterday we were carved open repeatedly despite him being our MOTM.

His first season with us has been good, and he's clearly a winner and a fantastic influence in the dressing room, but there's still plenty of room for improvement.
The Maguire analogy is fundamentally stupid here.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Seemed genuinely moved by the reaction from the crowd when he was subbed :)

Sylar

Thought the penalty give away was so rash. At least he didn't go to ground for that.
He needs to have one of his best games for us for us to stand a chance next week. Him getting an early yellow might be killer

BorisManUtd

Think Casemiro's form dropped a bit over March/April but improved in last 4 games of the season and we won them all. Great player and he's been crucial for us this season in getting to 3rd place (even though he missed 6 games to suspension and a few back in August/September) and winning the Carabao Cup.

Would still be good if we can sign a younger DM to be an option there with Casemiro.

GueRed

Our most important player this season imo. He has transformed the midfield.

Needs to tighten up his tackling and timing of challenges for next season.

Apart from that more of the same please.

Status
Not open for further replies.