Casemiro - Kroos - Modric

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Before the final I thought both Kroos and Casemiro should be out of the team and were finished, but both played an amazing game in the final to show they can still do it.

I actually think it's the perfect situation for a younger player to join that midfield. They won't have the immense pressure you get with being a consistent starter since Kroos-Casemiro-Modric will still largely be trusted for the bigger games, proven with finals performance, but you'll also get plenty of minutes in other games as those players will need to be rested throughout the season. You'll have freedom to acclimatize yourself to the team and be ready to take over next year of soon after.
Nothing to suggest Casemiro was finished, don't know where that notion came from.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
In terms of titles won they might be the best midfield trio in the history of this sport. There are other midfield combinations that have more finesse or skill, but in the end of the season titles is all that matters.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
You know I was referring to the 5-0 game.

And in Jose's 2nd season, they still beat you more times.
That was what, 2-3 months into his time at the helm? Pretty irrelevant.

All in all Barca and Madrid were pretty close in 2011 & 2012, with results going eitherway, while United (and EPL) were clearly inferior at the time, so that one-sided final and their dominance vs you lot was to be expected, but that didn't mean they got the same results against everyone.

That's without mentioning that Madrid's midfield (and team as a whole) under Jose was miles behind the trio of "Modric/Kroos/Casemiro", with Khedira and Alonso not being press resistant at all, only Ozil could do a bit here and there, or the fullbacks... a young and inexperienced Marcelo/Coentrao and freaking Essien at right back vs mature Marcelo and Carvajal... or younger Ramos vs champion Ramos... and I'd say that Madrid in 2016 to 2018 would beat that Barca side most of the times, no doubt about it.