Casemiro (Out)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If this was the case then it would be super lucrative for players to transfer around alot. If this was the case then why sell player if you are bound to paying the wages over the contract period no matter what.

I would be super surprised if wages were included since the wages stop when the player leaves. Of course transfer fee to the club that sold said player still will be paid.
Yeah I know I was confused. I was wrong.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Would we be able to break even with that much for ffp?
I think he cost 60m+10m in addons. Let's assume that the add-ons haven't been met. So, his amortization cost is 15m/yr (60/4). If the fee is 35m Euros, which is ~30m gbp, then we would just about break even.

AneRu

Wages are included.
For amortisation only but the moment we sell him his fee has to cover his transfer fee only, I think a loss of about 5m will be acceptable given the huge wage savings we would be making. We'd be saving about 54m from his contracted wages over the next three years so if we get about 30m and lose 5m we are still in the positive by about 13m this year. 13m is enough to pay for a 40m signing on 120k/week over a five year contract.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
For amortisation only but the moment we sell him his fee has to cover his transfer fee only, I think a loss of about 5m will be acceptable given the huge wage savings we would be making. We'd be saving about 54m from his contracted wages over the next three years so if we get about 30m and lose 5m we are still in the positive by about 13m this year. 13m is enough to pay for a 40m signing on 120k/week over a five year contract.
Mate I’ve already admitted I was wrong okay :lol:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I think he cost 60m+10m in addons. Let's assume that the add-ons haven't been met. So, his amortization cost is 15m/yr (60/4). If the fee is 35m Euros, which is ~30m gbp, then we would just about break even.
If we keep him we're committing to a 15m amortization expense this season, so the breakeven point (ignoring his wages coming off our books) is actually 15m.

Keep: -15m amortization
Sell: x transfer fee - 30m writedown

daba

Yeah this is how I understand it. If we can get anything north of £30m we should absolutely take it.

DarkLord1984

Hope this shambles is a lesson to the higher ups that purchasing Madrid's cast offs never works out, as they only sell players they want rid of, and they only want rid of players for a good reason.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Any amortization analysis also has to take into consideration the amount we'd be amortizing this coming season if we were to keep the player. So the breakeven would be much lower than the ~30m that keeps getting brought up here.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Hope this shambles is a lesson to the higher ups that purchasing Madrid's cast offs never works out, as they only sell players they want rid of, and they only want rid of players for a good reason.
The higher ups that are no longer there

Art

Art the artist
They once got rid of Robben and Sneijder, but I see what you mean with Casemiro and Varane

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
They got rid of Odegaard too.

didz

This has gone way too quiet for my liking. I hope Saudi finds money soon ffs
The Saudi Arabian transfer window starts on July 17th (so says transfermarkt anyway), so that's around about when I'll start looking for serious reports.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The Saudi Arabian transfer window starts on July 17th (so says transfermarkt anyway), so that's around about when I'll start looking for serious reports.
Well other deals already happened but lets see

didz

Well other deals already happened but lets see
I think there have been 18 deals confirmed that will bring players to Saudi Arabia and all of them have been free transfers.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
This has gone way too quiet for my liking. I hope Saudi finds money soon ffs
If you read the gutter press, the Daily stars & the Daily expresses of the world, they have been constantly reporting that he is asking for a 25gbp compensation to leave.

Try 'Newsnow manutd' on Google, it complies the news from every source, including every shit one.

OleGunnar20

Shame to see his fall off this year, what a player he was. But yeah it's time to move on for all parties I think. Hopefully this gets done.

-Supreme-

Him, Sancho and Varane have combined salaries of £50m a year alone, if we take their potential replacements into account it will save the club at least £25-£30m annually.

J J

He was crucial last to last season with his goal contribution and a big example of getting us a spot in the champions league..Let’s not forget that…and all of them were crucial goals …

I understand that memories are short and he has regressed over the last year but your hatred is a bit unwanted…

If a good bid comes our way, why not, but don’t undermine the player that we signed as he was great in his first season with us …We knew that we were signing a player on his last legs

daba

Him, Sancho and Varane have combined salaries of £50m a year alone, if we take their potential replacements into account it will save the club at least £25-£30m annually.
Add Eriksen to the mix and there’s another £7.5m saved too.

davbon

The costs saved from selling Casemiro is quite significant. Combined yearly amortisation costs and salary are 34m for Casemiro. For comparison, Antony costs us 27m/year, De Ligt looks to cost us 17m-20m a year.

Selling Casemiro for around 30m would free up space for a new 100m signing.

Onerealunited

Do not have big hopes on him leaving. I could see him staying beyond the summer. If we can utilize him better and give him a fewer amount of game I actually thing he could still be a good asset for us

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He was crucial last to last season with his goal contribution and a big example of getting us a spot in the champions league..Let’s not forget that…and all of them were crucial goals …

I understand that memories are short and he has regressed over the last year but your hatred is a bit unwanted…

If a good bid comes our way, why not, but don’t undermine the player that we signed as he was great in his first season with us …We knew that we were signing a player on his last legs

Plus his winning goal in the League Cup final.

Big Andy

Bloke
I can't help but love Casemiro. He's the perfect balance of class and shithouse. Just a shame he seemed to drop off last season, but I still think he's got the know how and experience we need.

Zed 101

May still have something to offer but his wages are not worth what he brought to the table last season

BarstoolProphet

Gave us a strong reminder on how it's like to have a world class midfielder again, so will be forever grateful for that, but hopefully we manage to sell him this summer.

deef

I don't get the hate for Casemiro.

He had a great first season with some ups and downs. The second season is hard to judge as no player really stood out positively.

If he leaves and we can get a younger midfielder, fine, but I wouldn't consider him a failure or a bad signing.

arnoldS

If he goes I'm OK with that as long as we get a replacement. If he stays I'm fine with that too as he surely can't be as bad as last season.