Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSG

There’s no way someone like Casemiro, who’s reached the pinnacle of the game, would come to a place like this and feel motivated. He’d come here for a payday. No matter how good he could be, we absolutely don’t need another player in that situation.
Don’t worry, this will never happen.

OrcaFat

Tbf, didn't Matthaus play till he was like 40? I think there have always been players who played into their late 30s, feels like it was more common in the 70s and 80s than it is now.
I think it’s generally accepted that more players are able to sustain a level close to their peak into their 30s than was the case in the past. Diet, training, science ‘n’ shit.

tbtt

WUM
The exact same logic, with almost the exact same words, was used to justify countless previous failed signings that got us into this state.

In all seriousness, I don't understand the thought process that lead you to type those words unironically. Is it that you've forgotten the circumstances that caused us to make all those buys and don't see that it's the exact same situation with a different player subbed in? Do you for some random reason think Casemiro will be an exception in a way those other players whose purchases were backed with the exact same process, confidence and logic weren't? Or do you not accept that each one of those failed purchases set us back further than simply signing nobody in that moment would have?

It genuinely baffles me that people can be on a forum where we discuss the issues that got the club into this mess day after day and yet immediately jump into the same pattern of mistakes again with zero self-awareness, apparently having taken in nothing.
Of course Casemiro is an exception. He's a fecking DM, and even an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of quality DMs for years, and now want to sign one of the best DMs in the world. What's wrong with that?

croadyman

So far all the briefings seem to be from Spain and if you have spent any time at all in the FDJ thread then you know not to take them too seriously. I just cannot see this one happening and unless someone like Whitwell starts reporting it is true I am going to continue to prepare for Oriol Romeu on deadline day.
Yeah unless the Utd big guns get on this I am going to remain completely skeptical

croadyman

I think if we get him and another midfielder we'll finish top 4. He's that fecking good.

Watch our CB's look 20x better.
Who would you sign to partner (realistic) that can keep things ticking over and provide those defence splitting passes as well

Ted Lasso

I think it’s generally accepted that more players are able to sustain a level close to their peak into their 30s than was the case in the past. Diet, training, science ‘n’ shit.
Great point. Casameiro has never been about pace either so I could see him thriving for a full contract.

I'm still conflicted though. This type of quality and experience is needed. But I wish we could also be bringing in that potential player ten years younger like Caceido. Or keep Garner and see if he can develop into something special.

goalscholes

He would never get away with stuff like this for us.

Fernandinho, Ramos, Pepe and Casemiro have been the most underpunished players I've probably seen in my lifetime watching football.
Makelele used to do about 5 cynical yellow card tackles a match, and referees completely ignored it.

dubplate warrior

Great point. Casameiro has never been about pace either so I could see him thriving for a full contract.

I'm still conflicted though. This type of quality and experience is needed. But I wish we could also be bringing in that potential player ten years younger like Caceido. Or keep Garner and see if he can develop into something special.
Garner really doesn't look all that. The kind of player that Liverpool would sell for £20m and reinvest in the squad. Of course our situation is very different to there's, but Casemiro is probably the best ball winning midfielder of his era. He would dramatically improve us defensively on the transition from one of the worst to one of the better teams in the league. Reason I say this is because Fred would also push further up.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Of course Casemiro is an exception. He's a fecking DM, and even an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of quality DMs for years, and now want to sign one of the best DMs in the world. What's wrong with that?
Of course Di Maria is an exception. He's a fecking midfielder, and even an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of creativity for years, and now want to sign one of the best midfielders in the world. What's wrong with that?
Of course Sanchez is an exception. He's a fecking attacker, and even an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of quality attacking threat for years, and now want to sign one of the best attackers or the last decade. What's wrong with that?
Of course Ronaldo is an exception. He's a fecking goalscorer, and beyond an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of a consistent goalscorer for years, and now want to sign one of the best footballers of all time. What's wrong with that?
Of course Pogba is an exception. He's a fecking midfielder, and even an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of a proper midfielder for years, and now want to sign one of the best midfielders in the world. What's wrong with that?
Of course Varane is an exception. He's a fecking centre-back, and even an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of a proper centre-back for years, and now want to sign one of the best CBs of the last decade. What's wrong with that?
Of course Lukaku is an exception. He's a fecking goalscorer, and even an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of a proper CF for years, and now want to sign one of the best CFs in the league. What's wrong with that?
Of course Mata is an exception. He's a fecking AM, and even an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of proper technical quality for years, and now want to sign one of the best players in the league. What's wrong with that?
Of course Cavani is an exception. He's a fecking CF, and even an exceptionally good one. You've been suffering from the lack of a proper CF for years, and now want to sign one of the best CFs of the last decade. What's wrong with that?
It's almost like there's more to building a successful team than just signing players who have been good up to that point on massive contracts because they're better than the options you already have.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
This would be an incredible signing and it weakens Madrid so as a cule I'd thank you for that if you can pull it off. Tchou is incredible but don't think he's ready just yet.

This guy is one of the best DM's around, has a punchable face, is capable of shithousing AND doesn't get booked. He's like Fernandinho. I think he'd do great in the PL also.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This would be an incredible signing and it weakens Madrid so as a cule I'd thank you for that if you can pull it off. Tchou is incredible but don't think he's ready just yet.

This guy is one of the best DM's around, has a punchable face, is capable of shithousing AND doesn't get booked. He's like Fernandinho. I think he'd do great in the PL also.
:lol: so nice of you to think that we are signing him.

croadyman

Yeah never gonna happen but would have someone to rival Fabinho/Rodri in that area

tbtt

WUM
It's almost like there's more to building a successful team than just signing players who have been good up to that point on massive contracts because they're better than the options you already have.
It's not just a simple upgrade on what you have. It's about fixing "THE massive hole" in the squad.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Think he’d do great too. From a Real perspective I think this makes sense. They are ready to regenerate their midfield, and getting a hefty fee for Casameiro helps that, and they usher in Tchouameni and Camavinga. Both top drawer talents. They’ll pick up another potentially world class midfielder next season too. See this like the Ronaldo sale. Got 100m for an aging Ronaldo and ushered in the next generation in Vinicius.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We just got hammered 4-0 in one half by Brentford and the caf says “don’t sign a natural leader and one of the most decorated players in world football! He will block Garner’s path to the first team!”

We are way, way too soft and sentimental as a football club.

Rashford, Shaw, Martial should have all gone years ago. McTominey, Garner, Elanga should have been sold to anyone willing to pay. Maguire should have been loaned out to try and get a club to pay for him.

Instead, they are all still here and fans are part of it. Calling for the likes or Garner and Garnacho to start in the shape we are in.

We need to wake up. Our first team quality is no better than the likes of Palace and Wolves.

We need real top quality and we need it now, and fans need to demand it and realize the situation we are in.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Like I say, I don’t mind this signing if it’s coupled with another midfielder. De Jong, Savic, anyone. But to throw a not-insignificant fee at a 30 year old when the chances are that’ll be that? I’d rather spread the money around I think.
Truth is we don’t have many options left. With him in DM and Eriksen in AM, we are at least settled in 2 of midfield position for at least next 3 years I reckon.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We should go for him.

Id like to see Casimero,VDB, Eriksen in midfield. Looks solid to me, if we want to play possession football this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s not ironic: Fred in his element chasing and harassing and not worrying what’s behind him; Casemiro cleans up loose balls, holds position and recycles constantly. They’re a logical and organic partnership. Just need a proper user of the ball amidst them and you’ve got at least an above average midfield. I can’t understand how people wouldn’t want him here.
It's never as simple as picking up a player and placing him in a different environment. There are a lot of factors involved such as:
- adapting to a new league / team mates
- how the player reacts to a much lower level
- whether he is genuinely motivated to prove himself or doesn't feel he has to having done everything at a higher level
- how he performs without the comfort of Modric and Kroos
- if he has any injuries / settling in period and whether he can recover from that at age 31 (give a year to adjusting or injuries)

If it were that simple we'd have a much better success rate with transfers. Truth is Casemiero has not been at a club like ours in transition or turmoil call it what you will, for ages. Also you say get a proper user amongst them - who is that and why would get be cheap? And how do we get away with spending big on an aging DM AND a playmaker? That's why FDJ was ETHs first pick as he knew a player who can pick the ball up in deep areas amidst the modern press and build attacks is more valuable than a destroyer. I worry about us spending huge money on a destroyer when we have a midfield that can't pass to one another. Let alone one that's possibly going past his peak soon.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
There is no way this happens. Why would Casemiro want to play at United? Click bait.
The only reason I think this might happen is because of Real already have Tchouameni and Camavinga, 2 of the best young DM in world.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Unlike McFred, Casemiro is a very strong DM who can hold DM position on his own, as in Real Madrid they played with 1 DM + 2 creative CM, we can also do the same with Casemiro + Eriksen and VDB.
Seems like you missed the joke

Nights

For losing an important player with just 2 weeks to replace, we shouldn’t sell for anything less than 80m all upfront. Reinvest 75m in Wirtz.
That’s easy to say but what other team would pay over 50 for him and be able to offer him a big enough pay rise for him to be tempted? Especially at his age.

If Flo wants to cash in, now would be his maximum value in the market.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Can't see Carlo let him go. Real would like win La Liga and CL and he's a very important player for them. Can't see why Casemiro would want to join and end his career (without winning anything) in this ruined club...just can't.
We don't need anotherageing player on massive wages.
He has already won 4CLs and 3 Ligas. He is widely regarded as one of the best ever DMs for Madrid. He should take a really huge wage on a long contract at United and focus on Brazil.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
That’s easy to say but what other team would pay over 50 for him and be able to offer him a big enough pay rise for him to be tempted?
The team that paid 80m for Maguire, 90m for Pogba, 75m for Lukaku and 55m for Martinez. Murtough is desperate for a win.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The team that paid 80m for Maguire, 90m for Pogba, 75m for Lukaku and 55m for Martinez. Murtough is desperate for a win.
tbf he wasn't involved in the previous ones.

Only overpaid for Martinez -- but I suspect that's only because ETH insists on making sure that either Martinez or Timber has to be at United. I think we will go batshit the next few weeks -- the Glazers need to dress up the club before a possible sale. And they will be more branded players rather than unknown kids.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
There's no midfield with both Eriksen and Bruno that looks good on paper or otherwise.
I think with proper coaching and instructions it Bruno Casemiro Eriksen could work.. specially if Bruno can do his part properly

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Do you think he calls his house Casa Miro?

Status
Not open for further replies.