Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaffs

He’s a top player but this signing shows we haven’t learnt anything and we don’t have a strategy. We’re going to pay 60million for a 30 year old on big wages. It will be fine for now but why aren’t we finding the next Casemiro. Why aren’t we thinking long term. We constantly make these signings. Don’t get me wrong we could do with this guy and let’s hope he’s a modric who can play at the top level for the next 5/6 years but what if he isn’t? Then what?

anyone can pick Casemiro out of a crowd.. what the hell are our recruitment teams doing out there. Anyone of us could say sign this guy. we just keep buying superstars. Obvious transfers.

dont Get me wrong; he’s a top player, this post is more on the side of questioning our recruitment team. So many young and up and coming DMS have been sold this summer.. why didn’t we get one or two of them for the same price ? What are these guys doing?
Agree, but we are in a bad spot. Obviously scouting and recruitment has been shocking of late. I hope that ETH help shape the structure around him and we start scouting players that fit into his ethos.

I am a little surprised though that ETH did not come to United with a long list of players that he liked that were in their early 20's. He must have seen United and realized CDM was the number one priority.

I see this as a signing for the here and now. A plug and play solution. If we don't get some quality in quick, then we wont finish top ten.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How realistic would Casemiro & Caicedo for under £100m be?
About as realistic as pigs flying I think. We f'd up by not getting Caicedo for £4.5m when we had the chance. We'll have to go looking for the next Caicedo now.

AlexUTD

I don’t mind paying a lot for someone like Casemiro, he’s class, also we have to get fleeced for a little bit now (thanks Ed, and Judge), until we are more competitive, then we would have more pull power, and are not as desperate in general.
Agree on this,the owners and board have put us in this position. Not like we can pick and choice from the top shelf for good prices. We will overpay cause we reek desperation.

Its "no value in the market" or end up 10th this year.

dutchred

that's asking a lot of Casemiro to jump from a 3 man midfield (and one of the best in the world) to a 2 man midfield against a faster and more physical league with far less talented players surrounding him. On top of that I think we will see teams continue to try and press United up the pitch as long as this team is incapable of playing out of it.
Would prefer to have Casemiro and Fred as double pivot with Eriksen as 10. Bruno can't play in Erik's system

SATA

This must be the fastest transfer of all time if it really happens before our next game takes place. Ffs this news was only broke out yesterday :lol:

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Maybe a tad? :wenger: :lol:

Holy shit that is some grim reading!
Consider the context as well... We have been dire and Madrid and European champions. By the very nature of the form of the two clubs he will have had the chance to do far less of those destructive actions that McT, and yet he destroys him on every stat you want from a CDM. Hope we get this one done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What happens if he doesn’t come? This feels like a stab in the dark at the moment as we’re running out of options.

now if we got Casemiro and a couple other signings in before the window closes.. maybe it would feel different. It just doesn’t feel like we have a plan, does it?

let’s hope we get him because feck knows what happens if he says no thank you.
If he doesn't come then we are fully fecked this season IMO. We are in free fall at the moment. Desperately need a top DM in. I don't see what other options are left at this stage who would come. Of course we are scrambling, we are in a desperate state, lost 4-0 to Brentford, a change in manager didn't change the mentality of the squad... It might in time, but it would be a very rough season as Ten Hag works through the players and finds a mix that can work for him and the rest are listed for sale. Someone like Casemiro stops the free fall, gives us midfield stability, and enables ten hag to build a lot better. Still takes time. But at least last weekend shouldn't repeat itself with someone like casemiro in. Though still need a new goalkeeper desperately too.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
that's asking a lot of Casemiro to jump from a 3 man midfield (and one of the best in the world) to a 2 man midfield against a faster and more physical league with far less talented players surrounding him. On top of that I think we will see teams continue to try and press United up the pitch as long as this team is incapable of playing out of it.
Well the alternative to is play Eriksen and Fred in front of him. As ETH wants to play an attacking,, possession based system, I went with the former. But I’m good either way. Maybe the two Brazilians will have some familiarity and chemistry.

Thiagoal

Our major flaw for many years has been the lack of a midfield! Having a fully functioning midfield should make our defence look good and will also drive the attack a firm base to work from. This signing is essential for us!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So we should try for more of the FdJ ones?
Nah, feck FDJ, I knew that was never gonna happen. Considering the number of professional players playing in some of the best leagues in Europe, it doesn't compute to me that a good scouting team cannot find the right players (by right I mean age/wage/transfer fee etc etc..).

Our transfers don't need to be box office players because considering the state of our team currently, we know we are gonna get shafted in terms of wages and/or transfer fees.

I Am Zlatan

God knows. I don't actually pay attention to other club's transfers. Does any other club go through all this 'monitoring the situation', 'preparing a bid', 'making an imminent approach' stuff?

Yeah. I'd rather get fleeced for Casemiro than Rabiot. :lol:
Exactly. I actually respect Arnold and Murtough’s decision. We simply can’t make the same mistakes over and over. Casemiro’s case is different though.

Marcelinho87

Our major flaw for many years has been the lack of a midfield! Having a fully functioning midfield should make our defence look good and will also drive the attack a firm base to work from. This signing is essential for us!
Our defence will still look poor with DDG permanently attached to his line.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football

Hottest transfer of all time
Really excited about this one. Would definitely expect him to improve us a lot.
Hopefully this is an exception to high profile signings not working out at United. Really tired of seeing teams walking past our midfield while the two clowns who usually play there are either in the attacking third or left on their ass somewhere near the half line.

Nogho

Isn’t Casimero and Fred the goto pairing for the Brazilian national team? If so, shouldn’t that make Fred a resource? Casimero wins the ball, Fred runs and both of them gives the ball to Bruno. All with a Portuguese flavour :drool:

bosnian_red

Need big protest on Monday to delay the game so that Casemiro can be ready to face Liverpool when the game gets rescheduled.

ForeverRed1

If he doesn't come then we are fully fecked this season IMO. We are in free fall at the moment. Desperately need a top DM in. I don't see what other options are left at this stage who would come. Of course we are scrambling, we are in a desperate state, lost 4-0 to Brentford, a change in manager didn't change the mentality of the squad... It might in time, but it would be a very rough season as Ten Hag works through the players and finds a mix that can work for him and the rest are listed for sale. Someone like Casemiro stops the free fall, gives us midfield stability, and enables ten hag to build a lot better. Still takes time. But at least last weekend shouldn't repeat itself with someone like casemiro in. Though still need a new goalkeeper desperately too.
I get the point your making. I guess we waited 2 months for FDJ and put everyone else on hold until we knew what he was going to do. I guess that’s our biggest mistake unless we somehow get him (looks unlikely). It’s left us scrambling while other clubs snapped up players left right and centre.

we need a goalkeeper, I agree.
a right back.
a defensive midfielder.
a midfielder who can link defence and attack (FDJ)
Another winger
A striker.

Need to sell 4/5 of these players (particularly who is leaking to the press).

Casemiro on deadline day doesn’t stop this free fall. Let’s hope they are finally acting now though eh.

god I do sound negative. I’m not. I just love this club and 10 years of this shite does this to you.:D

Hackman2210

Personally Id be gutted if we splash £60mil on a 30year old defensive mid. But the clubs in such a state and we are desperate. Thats the word for UTD at the moment - fecking desperate for anything, no patience from the fans either, 2 years from now we'll be complaning cos no one will take casimero off our hands as we are paying him £300k per week. If he was any fecking good RM wouldnt be selling him!!!!!!! That is the bottom line isnt it - it he was that good he wouldnt be getting sold. Pants down gentlemen - time to get buggered again. Angel Di Maria, Varane and now Casimero.

AlexUTD

I get the point your making. I guess we waited 2 months for FDJ and put everyone else on hold until we knew what he was going to do. I guess that’s our biggest mistake unless we somehow get him (looks unlikely). It’s left us scrambling while other clubs snapped up players left right and centre.

a right back.
a defensive midfielder.
Another winger
A striker.

Casemiro on deadline day doesn’t stop this free fall. Let’s hope they are finally acting now though eh.

god I do sound negative. I’m not. I just love this club and 10 years of this shite does this to you.:D
Agree that we need all of the above and may i add new owners?

dutchred

It would be good to get an experienced midfielder to replace MacTominay. We have some good young talent coming through (Iqbal, Savage, Mainoo, Gore).

bosnian_red

a right back.
a defensive midfielder.
Another winger
A striker.

Hey, someone who does this will stop the free fall, I assure you :lol:
Any player who doesnt get stuck in after seeing this can feck off instantly.
For me, I'd prioritize like this (being realistic):
  1. Buy Casemiro
  2. Replace De Gea
  3. Sell Ronaldo/buy Morata
  4. Loan for Pulisic for a year
  5. Sell AWB/buy right back
  6. Sell some deadwood
It's a lot for 2 weeks, but casemiro is the only big spend here. De Gea replacement possibly too, though that one isn't happening unfortunately (should be 2nd priority). But they're all deals that can happen quickly and enable us to be competitive this season and rebuild for Ten Hag.

GregM40

Let’s face it he’s better than anything we have regardless of his age. Doesn’t have a terrible injury record either. Great signing in the short team at least, and we absolutely need him.
Casemiro Fred and eriksen midfield. Nice.

IRELANDUNITED

Has anyone seen any betting odds on him joining? SkyBet have had odds on De Jong all summer but I’ve seen nothing on Casemiro. Be interesting to see what the bookmakers think the likelihood of him joining is.

MinGin

but that’s the job of world class recruitment teams isn’t it? To find players with top potential and unlock it? Except we don’t have world class recruitment so we through the dart at big names and hope they want to come. I’m looking at the list of players we’re linked with over the next 48 hours and it’s laughable. No strategy at all.

3 games into the season and now you go for this guy?

again my post isn’t a reflection on Casemiro, it’s On the powers that be at united who are flapping around with 13 days left of the window to sign players.. and YET again going for the obvious stop gap signing for big money because we don’t have any other options.

For a club this size it’s just so badly run at this points it’s laughable.

that’s if Casemiro even comes and a deal can be done with Madrid. If this one doesn’t happen then feck knows because this feels like a roll of the dice right now.
You, me and everyone knew that our club / our recruitment teams were shite in Woodward era, it will not change in a day suddenly and it needs time to change if Murtough's ability capable to do so / our fecking owner want to.
Our team is not that big anymore after SAF era excepted economic side.

Then, top potential players will not join us unless you paid huge currently. Potential is not a must and it need time to grow, they may turn to a flop when they get a big contract ((Let's see Mason..........) or not fulfill their full potential or loss the way. But we need a food ready to eat NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.