Casemiro

beckbeck

Is this guy the new Pepe in terms of butchery?

Brazil really could have an all-time cnutish midfield with Fernandinho and Casemiro.

el3mel

Is this guy the new Pepe in terms of butchery?

Brazil really could have an all-time cnutish midfield with Fernandinho and Casemiro.
He's a very good DMF, but his tackles are sometimes stupid. He escaped red in Madrid's last 2 games but all in all, a good midfielder and gave stability and back support to Kroos and Modric. Without him Kroos and Modric would have never been able to play together in a working system and I don't think Madrid would have won CL last season or competing for everything this season without him giving safety to the back line and allowing Kroos and Modric to rush forward. When they were playing together alone Madrid was very weak defensively.

He needs to control the way he tackles, though, as we won't be escaping the red every game.

johanovic

I think he´s been very lucky not to have been sent off more but I do prefer players like Carrick and young Weigl at Dortmund that read the game rather than Casemiro.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Since Zidane introduced him into the team they've won 2 CL's and the league. He's an excellent fit for their team. In any other team he might be underwhelming but he does the job for Real.

Since Zidane introduced him into the team they've won 2 CL's and the league. He's an excellent fit for their team. In any other team he might be underwhelming but he does the job for Real.
It was Benitez who decided to keep and start Casemiro.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When you see the job he does for Madrid you can understand why so many fawn for a number 6 here to free up Pogba and Herrera. Best number 6 in Europe I guess.

TheReligion

Abusive
When you see the job he does for Madrid you can understand why so many fawn for a number 6 here to free up Pogba and Herrera. Best number 6 in Europe I guess.
He's not better than Kante or Busquets in my opinion.

Hererra has everything he has too.

izec

He was great this season, always there when you need him. A bit of luck against Bayern, but you cant dismiss his importance for this team.

Arthur Friedenreich

He did well with Porto to justify Madrid activate the buy-back clause.
In the nt he's far from underwhelming.
Impossible to know how he would perform in other clubs.

He tends to misplace passes in the beginning of the games.
This is his main weakness.

His stats of duels won, tackles, clearances, blocks, etc, are really high, and i think this have a cumulative effect during the game.

In the NT for example, when we use a more skilful midfielder, it doesnt work so well.
When Casemiro is playing everything start going right.
Dont know exactly why.

I would prefer play with three box-to-to in the midfield tbh.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
This guys is pretty underrated and while people focuses more on the fouls he makes I think he has become very solid and one of the best players in his position or a least he has been very effective to give balance to Real Madrid.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
He's an absolute cnut but he's a cnut who excels at his job. The harmony he brought to their midfield has allowed them to take their game up a notch.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's an absolute cnut but he's a cnut who excels at his job. The harmony he brought to their midfield has allowed them to take their game up a notch.
Agree with this comment. He really fits well in that team, perhaps on any other team his performance levels will drop but he excels in that Real side.

tomaldinho1

He's like Gattuso used to be - an absolute cnut but he allows the more creative players more space and time on the ball by being that cnut.

Listar

God is fair, his talent and drive more than compensate his face.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Big game player

Agree with @Synco on most of what he said
Was totaly confused what you mean at first, as this was written last year and I couldn't remember. :lol:

On Casemiro: He has won me over, and that wasn't easy as I wasn't convinced at all initially. But he has made progress in all departments, especially last season. He is more composed on the ball now, shows improved vision, passing and off-the-ball movement, has incorporated some useful box to box runs and since the spring he even contributes goals and assists. His main strength, defending large spaces, has always been impressive.

Plus he has shown the typical Real Madrid menality to crank it up a notch on the important occasions. Big game player indeed.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm still terrified everytime he lets an opponent get on top of him on the ball, and he still makes bad technical mistakes every once in a while, but overall yeah, he's really grown in every way.

I'd still rather have Pogba though :lol:

probably...

...well, no, not really. Casemiro scored against Barcelona, Napoli, Juventus, Athletic, and now United. No, i'll stick with casemiro

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I'm still terrified everytime he lets an opponent get on top of him on the ball, and he still makes bad technical mistakes every once in a while, but overall yeah, he's really grown in every way.

I'd still rather have Pogba though :lol:

probably...

...well, no, not really. Casemiro scored against Barcelona, Napoli, Juventus, Athletic, and now United. No, i'll stick with casemiro
Well yeah, he will never be a Modric or Busquets on the ball, and he'll probably continue to make one scratch one's head from time to time.

But in the beginning the discrepancy between his strengths and deficiencies was almost grotesque for this level, and now he does most things to a satisfactory-good standard while his big strengths remain. That's huge progress in a short time, and I didn't think he could do it. But he did, and if he keeps/improves on this level, the occasional clumsiness is more than evened out imo.

Last edited:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I've decided I dislike him immensely after his theatrics following Lukaku's pretty innocuous challenge, and the fact that he has a highly punchable face. And in the true fashion of football fans, nothing is going to make me change my irrational loathing of this odious little piggy man.

izec

He pops up with important goals lately, he had an amazing transformation since coming to Real.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think he's in the same tier talent-wise as most of the top tier midfielders but his application and effectiveness is up there with the best.

Robertd0803

Fantastic midfielder, he would be a massive loss to this Madrid side. Always seems to pop up with important goals as well, Madrid have one of (if not the best) strike forces in the world and yet its the defensive midfielder who scores against us. :mad:

Verbalkint

He's got 2 attributes to be a future RM legend - he's dirty as hell and is a fantastic drama queen

cyberman

I wasn't too impressed with him last night. We had 3/4 counter attacks that saw us go straight at the heart of their defence. It's not a coincidence that Mkhi played well when he came inside with the little gaps Casemiro leaves.

NoLogo

On his own I don't think he is anything really special. He is a great defensive midfielder but he mainly works so well because he has Kroos and Modric as partners and in return they also seem to be better. They simply complement each other very well. I would still take him without a second thought though.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Been saying for a while that I think he's the best player of his type in world football. Modern day Redondo.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Brings out the best in Modric and Kroos as he takes some of their responsibilities defencivley and he is a decent enough footballer himself so does not look out of place - I hope Matic can have the same effect on herrera and pogba.