Casemiro

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
How much would he go for in todays market? I think we rather should pay 100m for him than Varane, but both probably tied up at Madrid for the rest of their careers anyways.
Isn't his value a bit inflated because he plays alongside Kroos and Modric who do the bulk of the playmaking for the team? He's nice and really tactically aware, possibly the best at what he does but he also looks a lot better where he is.

the_irish123

streamable.com/k4h8y

Thought this goal highlights well the difference between Kante and Casemiro. Kante just completely unaware of the attacker. He looks better on the eye because he runs after people and steals balls but fails to shield the defense positionally sometimes.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Seems like he's Real's MoM every other match this season. Big fan of his and could be considered one of the best midfielders in the world at the moment.

Teja

I think he's genuinely a good player and not simply because the plays alongside Kroos and Modric.

Valverde for instance, Real fans seem to overrate but I just don't see it with him. Your typical busy Spanish CM.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When you see the job he does for Madrid you can understand why so many fawn for a number 6 here to free up Pogba and Herrera. Best number 6 in Europe I guess.
Glad to see my post aged well. I think he’s great, and has been for a while.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
I think he's genuinely a good player and not simply because the plays alongside Kroos and Modric.

Valverde for instance, Real fans seem to overrate but I just don't see it with him. Your typical busy Spanish CM.
Valverde is Uruguayan.

Skeezix

Modric and Kroos woudn't be playing this well into this age if not for Casemiro guarding their rear. He's a good passer of the ball too.

In the modern game, you need a proper DM who could also pass the ball well to challenge on multiple fronts across 2-3 years.

Barcelona had peak Busquets
Bayern - Javi Martinez
Real - Casemiro
United - Carrick

Liverpool and City have Fabinho and Fernandinho - whom I rate a tad below the above. (bias much?)

I was following and hoping that we would sign Fabinho when he moved from Monaco. We need a Matic replacement soon.

Renegade

Modric and Kroos woudn't be playing this well into this age if not for Casemiro guarding their rear. He's a good passer of the ball too.

In the modern game, you need a proper DM who could also pass the ball well to challenge on multiple fronts across 2-3 years.

Barcelona had peak Busquets
Bayern - Javi Martinez
Real - Casemiro
United - Carrick

Liverpool and City have Fabinho and Fernandinho - whom I rate a tad below the above. (bias much?)

I was following and hoping that we would sign Fabinho when he moved from Monaco. We need a Matic replacement soon.
Fernandinho is better than Javi Martinez and Casemiro. I’d argue better then Carrick too.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Fernandinho is better than Javi Martinez and Casemiro. I’d argue better then Carrick too.
Casemiro is might years ahead if Fernandinho imo. You could see it in the world cup. As soon as Casemiro was suspended vs. Belgium Brazil were going out. I think Fernandinho is rated by EPL fans but I've never seen him do anything impressive in the CL or for Brazil.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Depends. Casemiro is a superior defensive player, in fact he's one of the best i've ever seen in that regard, but Fernandinho on the other hand is better with the ball (though Case has been improving massively in that regard over the years)

I'd say for City's needs, Guardiola wouldn't swap them, though neither would we for ours

For Brazil there's no question. Fernandinho can't deal with the pressure, while they've still to this day yet to lose a game Casemiro started

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
A word for this man.

Monster of a second half that... Showed what a class DM can do for you.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Good thing he was able to play this game, I really liked his performance along with Carvajal and Valverde.

wr8_utd

:'(
He's been fairly average this season so for him to put in this monstrous performance was quite something.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He played a good game but he needs to wake up. He usually has a bad start to the season and gradually gets better and better, but for a couple of years now he's been reaching the level too late.
He is a kind of protector of the youngsters. The Brazilian clan or Valverde highlight his constant help in adapting but progressively he should play less.
The "problem" is when you have a player who has 5 champions, only 30 years old, and such a high status that you can't keep him as a substitute for too long.

Charles Miller

Thought Fabinho was better, much more dynamic and participative in the build up. But the winner takes it all.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thought Fabinho was better, much more dynamic and participative in the build up. But the winner takes it all.
Casemiro had to do more defending, but i don't disagree exactly

He was great yesterday, and at the same time you can see why i'm desperate for Tchouameni

Charles Miller

Casemiro had to do more defending, but i don't disagree exactly

He was great yesterday, and at the same time you can see why i'm desperate for Tchouameni
Dont you think you should sign Declan Rice instead? Monaco plays with double-pivot in the mIdfield. Are Real Madrid planing to use Tchouameni as DM??

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Dont you think you should sign Declan Rice instead? Monaco plays with double-pivot in the mIdfield. Are Real Madrid planing to use Tchouameni as DM??
We play a double pivot too most of the time these days. With him and Camavinga we get enough legs

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is this guy rated above Makelele now in the great RM DM hall of fame (if such an honour exists ;) ).

Brazil going to be very very tough to beat in world cup if Thiago Silva-Casemiro-Vinicius-Neymar all turn up in good condition. Some spine that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Clean and no bull performance, unlike Fabinho who was for some part of the game on edge.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Still world class .
Wonder if he's open to a move considering that they might be looking to replace him with Aurelian.

Would be a perfect pairing for someone like de jong.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He's the best DM ever when he goes into his own box and defends like a 3rd center back. Crazy timing.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Is this guy rated above Makelele now in the great RM DM hall of fame (if such an honour exists ;) ).

Brazil going to be very very tough to beat in world cup if Thiago Silva-Casemiro-Vinicius-Neymar all turn up in good condition. Some spine that.
He is in my all time RM 11 in the time I watchted RM.
Iker
Ramos-Pepe-Hierro-Carlos
Modric-Casemiro-Zidane
Figo/Raul-Benzema-Ronaldo

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Nice team but why is Ramos RB? Carvajal surely?
Carvajal is the best pure RB, but he is average compared to the others. The others are all time great. Carvajal is not.

RM has not has an all time great at RB position in the past 20 years.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
He is a better passer of the ball than Makelele and can shoot from distance. His tackling, interception and positioning may be half a level below Makelele. Overall I'd pick Casemiro since he suits a team that both dominates possession and a team that is conceding possession but has to counter-attack cleanly with an aim of achieving a high conversion rate.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Makelele was better at defensive technique to take the ball away, speed and stamina but not necessarily at positioning. Casemiro's stellar performances in 2016 and 2022 CL finals put him ahead for me. Although in defense of Makelele he had to play in a more unbalanced side. In whatever case it was a different era and Makelele had a relatively short career at Real Madrid too, from 2000-01 until 2002-03, just 3 seasons, so it's hard to compare.

My personal picks are Fernando Redondo first, Casemiro second and Makelele third.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Makelele was better at defensive technique to take the ball away, speed and stamina but not necessarily at positioning. Casemiro's stellar performances in 2016 and 2022 CL finals put him ahead for me. Although in defense of Makelele he had to play in a more unbalanced side. In whatever case it was a different era and Makelele had a relatively short career at Real Madrid too, from 2000-01 until 2002-03, just 3 seasons, so it's hard to compare.

My personal picks are Fernando Redondo first, Casemiro second and Makelele third.
Redondo was that good?