Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

What is actually going on at the club? Are we literally picking names out of a hat? No strategy, no plan, no clue. It's not like we haven't had time to plan for this - what were we doing while we were waiting for FDJ? They had all this time and are now literally panicking in the last two weeks - feckin jokers.
Could be someone loosened the purse strings after Brentford when they realized that it would cost far more than 150M to get anything done this summer.

Pre Brentford we had 20M to spend, now we have 100M more sort of deal. So the best we could afford was Rabiot, and now the best we can afford is Casemiro.

Their interest in joining us is secondary.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Is this a joke? Literally we could use Redcafe Polls and come up with a better transfer strategy.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Marca who originally reported this story said that United emissaries are in Madrid. I would like to think that we wouldn't be going this far if Madrid were absolutely not open to selling. Surely we've got some indication that Madrid are open to selling or we're just idiots for pursuing an unrealistic target. Let's wait and see.
Oh I think Murtough definitely would...

C'est Moi Cantona

This is surely just a us trying to get Rabiot to lower his wage demands and Juve to force him out, we're just not been very subtle about it.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Only hope would be that he is looking for a final payday,sounds familiar?

But my cynical side thinks this is just the owners sending out fake stories trying to look like they want to spend money.
it's the latter

dove

:lol: Right, let's spend a week negotiating with RM just to be rejected by Casemiro. This is a complete non starter, he would be mental to leave RM for us.

Rolaholic

Bale disagrees. Casemiro will stay if he feels like it
Perez loved Bale though,it's why they didn't sell him when we were willing to offer 100m and he was offered silly money to go to China.

Loved him so much he had no problems letting Ronaldo walk as he saw him as their future main man.

It's Zidane who didn't rate him and exiled him.

The only player who they've wanted to sell but haven't been able to is Mariano and that's because he refuses all offers to leave his comfy life in Madrid racking up trophies without having to play.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
This is obviously insane and will not happen. Shambles
Madrid have replaced him. He’s 30. He didn’t start at the weekend. From their perspective I’d be biting our hands off for 50m quid. Incredible fee. That’s what smart clubs do - replace before players are totally past it and sell when they still have value. See Varane.

Robertd0803

I can imagine how those talks are going.
Us-Can we buy Casemiro.
Madrid- No.
Us-Do you want to join us?
Casemiro-Eh no.

Talks complete.

Hoof the ball

Madrid have replaced him. He’s 30. He didn’t start at the weekend. From their perspective I’d be biting our hands off for 50m quid. Incredible fee. That’s what smart clubs do - replace before players are totally past it and sell when they still have value. See Varane.
Don't look too deep into it,

He started in the Super Cup along with Modric vs. Frankfurt. Both he and Modric didn't start vs. Almeria.

joedirt87

I wonder if this would give Madrid some unexpected cash to go and beat PSG for Ruiz. There were rumors they wanted him on a free next year and the reported fee PSG would pay was between 20 and 25 million Euro I believe.

Castia

‘We’ll we tried guys’ when we sign nobody Is the vibes I’m getting.

Who in their right minds leaked that our new target is Casemiro

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Don't look too deep into it,

He started in the Super Cup along with Modric vs. Frankfurt. Both he and Modric didn't start vs. Almeria.
Point still stands. That’s a crazy fee only a truly desperate club would pay for a 30 year old and a smart club who have already brought in two young top CMs would take it. It can help fund Bellingham next year.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Wow, we have really briefed this out. Can't believe we'd brief this. Why not try quietly? Cause we are going to look silly again.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
:lol: Right, let's spend a week negotiating with RM just to be rejected by Casemiro. This is a complete non starter, he would be mental to leave RM for us.
Agreed. Can see us agreeing a fee with Madrid (after all they'd be stupid to reject 50 million for a 30 year old Casemiro) and then getting rejected by the player.

Would make us look even more pathetic after the whole De Jong fiasco.

Infestissumam

Wow, we have really briefed this out. Can't believe we'd brief this. Why not try quietly? Cause we are going to look silly again.
because this is nothing more than setting up the inevitable "we tried" excuse when the window closes and we've yet again failed to strengthen the team.

abkmufc92

Our club knows that we have no chance of signing him but just want to put it out there that we are still trying to sign players.

Chip

Even if it did happen it would just be another expensive stop-gap solution. We should only make this type of signing if it was the missing piece to make us contenders. We are so far away from competing for anything, so we should look at building for the long term.

James35

Casemiro wouldn’t wipe his arse with our 3rd kit never mind consider moving here.

RoyH1

I can imagine how those talks are going.
Us-Can we buy Casemiro.
Madrid- No.
Us-Do you want to join us?
Casemiro-Eh no.

Talks complete.
I think Madrid would sell for a solid bid (above market price). They’ve been buying a lot of young midfielders lately and have plenty of depth.
I have a hard time seeing Casemiro wanting a move here and playing Europa League though. And god knows what Ronaldo and Varane are telling him about United now.

Laurencio

It's all about that social media engagement. That's where our focus truly is this season.

I think Madrid would sell for a solid bid (above market price). They’ve been buying a lot of young midfielders lately and have plenty of depth.
I have a hard time seeing Casemiro wanting a move here and playing Europa League though. And god knows what Ronaldo and Varane are telling him about United now.
"Please come here, our team-mates are shit"?

Status
Not open for further replies.