Cavani is not respected enough around here

The United

I did because that's how basic it is that United have got wrong, you can't carry that big of a squad of high paid, high ego players and not expect a backlash, it's the history of football (or team sports) in general for 50-60 years.

Lingard was in the form of his life for West Ham and was in the England squad, then United say "we need you" and blocks a transfer but he is never picked. He even scored 2 goals in 60 minutes of football in the league in the first half of the season, but another move is blocked in January.
Cavani - been said in this thread.
Martial was given a £200k a week contract and would have been told he was going to be the main man for the next few years when he signed it.
Donie Van De Beek would have been told he was a key part of the team... doesn't even get more than 5 minutes off the bench in the majority of games, despite having no injuries. Went from a Champions League semi-final and costing £40m to getting less minutes than Phil Jones.
Henderson was told he'd be competing for goalkeeper on the team... doesn't even get cup games (obviously not competing with Ronaldo for places, but just talking about the poor squad management of the club and false promises they've given to players).

There's 5 pissed off players at the start, never mind Sancho being left out of the team for ages despite supposedly arriving as the saviour for United, signed for £75m, Bruno really struggling for Portugal in the Euros, coming back without Ronaldo in the team and scoring a hat-trick and looking reborn, then United sign the one player he can't play well with, and he goes immediately back into being a shell of a footballer.
So those are your players with high paid, big ego players from our squad who would have made the difference if Ronaldo were not signed? Oh well. No wonder we are in deep shite. Some of those players mentioned above could not get into the team due to being shit themselves. Good players like to compete. Your example proved how these players are not up to standard and lack professionalism.

I mean how have the likes of Real Madrid and City have been managing their squads full of star players...?

jem

Absolute disaster of a signing. Just having any average striker that is actually available most games would be an improvement next season.
agreed. I loved him last season, but he’s been a colossal waste this, seemingly more interested in posting family pics on Instagram than in training. I’d rather have someone like Teemu Pukki as a reliable backup.

Amir

To be fair to Ole, he must've been under immense pressure to sign Ronaldo. I know he had a veto on all signings, but imagine the fecking shitstorm if he had put his foot down and Ronaldo had signed for City. It was a no-win situation for him.
I don't think he was ever going to say no to Ronaldo, pressure or not.

KeanoMagicHat

So those are your players with high paid, big ego players from our squad who would have made the difference if Ronaldo were not signed? Oh well. No wonder we are in deep shite. Some of those players mentioned above could not get into the team due to being shit themselves. Good players like to compete. Your example proved how these players are not up to standard and lack professionalism.

I mean how have the likes of Real Madrid and City have been managing their squads full of star players...?
By playing them on a regular basis and rotating everyone, City are great at that. The likes of Martial, Lingard and Van de Beek were getting no minutes at the start of the season.

Huddsred

I'd forgotten he was even here before this thread popped up again.

The United

By playing them on a regular basis and rotating everyone, City are great at that. The likes of Martial, Lingard and Van de Beek were getting no minutes at the start of the season.
They were not being rotated because they didn't perform as well as they should, the trend that they brought to their new teams. Lingard should be used more but the rest had no excuses other than being shit themselves.

And you have to remember that the new guy who came in did not fancy them either. Players usually get a chance or do their best to get in the new manager's team. Did not happen with them. RR uses the likes of Dalot, Tellas, Matic, and even Elenga in his team and he was supposed to be looking for players who work hard and have good attitudes.

All of these pointed out more to how those players were utterly unprofessional or just being too shit to be called players who could have lifted the team up to the next level.

Last edited:

Dan-Utd

He's not much use to us, let him move to a club where he can enjoy his football again.

If we insist in signing a veteran for free this year then Luis Suarez from Athletico Madrid would be a good addition.

AdNani

He's not much use to us, let him move to a club where he can enjoy his football again.

If we insist in signing a veteran for free this year then Luis Suarez from Athletico Madrid would be a good addition.
i would rather get relegated. consecutive seasons.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: come on man of all suggestions

Greck

You just simply forgot about our history with Luis Suarez right?

KeanoMagicHat

Can’t think of a worse suggestion in world football for us.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I kinda feel he started to not give a shit after we sign ronnie.
Maybe should have let him go in jan when it became obvious that his heart was placed elsewhere, but then again people would rightfully complain about us letting loose our only cover up.

We currently have hindsight obviously , but it all just turned out so bad.

SAFMUTD

How can he be disappointed of not starting when he's not even fit for 1/3 of the games?

He's played less than 700 minutes this season, not because of Cristiano but because he's injury problems.

Time to feck off, he got a pay check and it's riding through it.

Caesar2290

Boy, we sure can pick em, can't we?

Jones, Bailly, Rojo, Shaw, Varane and now him...

Huddsred

This has got to be a joke, right?

Huddsred

Boy, we sure can pick em, can't we?

Jones, Bailly, Rojo, Shaw, Varane and now him...
Jones was once the most promising English centre back of his generation. Genuinely sad to see how his career has bit the dust.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Unpopular opinion time, we would of had a much better season and not be in the mess we are now if we hadn't signed Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has come in and had a pretty good individual campaign scored plenty goals, but has actually made the team worse. He is such an individualistic player and he demands all attacking passes be played to him and also demands that the team work for him rather than him work for the team. You watch and its obvious players turn down good opportunities to shoot or play another player in to look for Ronaldo. Even if they are in a better posistion or they can put a different player in a better posistion it goes to Ronaldo.

Cavani for what its worth was much more the team player who would work for the team and help other players to get into goal scoring posistions, he made the team better. Ronaldo has made it worse.

Oh well its done now just add it to long list of stupid singings with no eye on the bigger picture we have made over the past few years. Maybe it was a good thing and now we are putting in a proper modern coach we may have a chance of righting the wrongs.
I don't entirely disagree with this.
Ronaldo had no other championship winning calibre options apart from city. Even Juventus no longer wanted him.
We already had a set plan for the year, split time between Cavani, Martial and Greenwood in the CF position.
It was a no win situation. Either let him sign for city, ruin the memories and stop selling his named merchandises and playing videos on social media of our last dominant period, or rip apart your plan for the season and find a way to fit him in.
Also, one major difference between Cavani and Ronaldo is, Cavani is willing to split time with the other forwards but Ronaldo isn't. So it's not as simple as getting rid of Cavani as soon as Ron was brought in (though that would have been better than what we actually did).
It was a perfect storm, I don't even think anyone in particular is to blame.
Ironically, had we let Ronaldo go to city, we both would have ended up with better seasons. Him scoring more goals and winning trophies, and us winning more games with better cohesion.
As much as I dislike what Cavani has done, I also cannot be too mad at him because we changed the agreement which he signed to, then refused to let him leave in Jan because at that point Martial and Greenwood were lost.

Let me clear, I don't blame Ronaldo, put yourself in his position and you'll realise he was in a tough spot too. He probably felt we was doing Sir Alex a favour by joining us even though City were a far better option for his next few years.

Silver lining, I don't believe Ole was ever going to deliver true success, we eventually were always going to end up looking for another option, it would have just taken longer to get there. So I guess I'm glad about that. I am happy we now have ragnick to help with some decisions and Ten Haag to introduce hopefully a successful playing style.

Last edited:

Vapor trail

:lol:

OlsensHummelBoots

Baits hook, casts rod... :D

Hoof the ball

it's almost as if there is something wrong with the club and not the players

almost..
Perhaps, but, let's face it, no one makes Shaw eat like crap during the off-season. His physique during the Euro's was horrendous for someone just finishing a season and going straight into a major tournament. The fitness team can't make him lower his calories. These individuals have to make the determination to do what is right as a professional.

sugar_kane

I’ve seen this narrative recently that he was upset by our signing off Ronaldo.

He was already gearing up to spend half the season unavailable due to COVID rulings around international travel and wanting to play for Uruguay. We always needed another striker.

That’s ignoring the fact he tried to leave at least twice before.

No doubt all the home fans will still be singing his song tonight like he’s the second coming while warming up for his 10 minute cameo in which he does next to nothing.

Tarrou

Perhaps, but, let's face it, no one makes Shaw eat like crap during the off-season. His physique during the Euro's was horrendous for someone just finishing a season and going straight into a major tournament. The fitness team can't make him lower his calories. These individuals have to make the determination to do what is right as a professional.
yeah, fair point. Shaw has always struggled to stay at peak fitness, and there’s no excusing that in this day and age

Hoof the ball

yeah, fair point. Shaw has always struggled to stay at peak fitness, and there’s no excusing that in this day and age
There was a famous before and after pic of Ronaldinho during his Barca peak, and towards the end when he was underperforming. Now, you look at it and you go, "Ah, wish I looked like Ronaldinho when he wasn't in peak shape," but we do well to remember how fine the margin is at that level.

crossy1686

career ending
Why are our players so prone to injury?
They're not, they're just prone to "I-can't-be-arsed-itus" when things start going to shit and they're worried about their reputations. Varane had more injuries this season than he's ever had in his entire playing career. Pogba's hamstring is only fixable in Dubai. Martial just straight up asked to leave. We've got a bunch of them who only want to dig deep when times are good.

Caesar2290

Jones was once the most promising English centre back of his generation. Genuinely sad to see how his career has bit the dust.
Fairly certain that if it wasn't for his injuries he would have been our John Terry, minus the cuntiness and shagging.

Huddsred

Fairly certain that if it wasn't for his injuries he would have been our John Terry, minus the cuntiness and shagging.
As I said, he had the potential to be the best English centre back of his generation. Fully agree that injuries have ruined his career, but his injury record was well known by 2019 when he was offered a new bumper contract. It doesn't take hindsight to know that it was a mistake.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Is there some kind of genetic predisposition to being a cnut if you are a footballers sibling?